• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

Atomic

Jocwa08 said:
Ok lets think if JA doesnt resign

I think you should type it as "re-sign"

Anyway, here's a bit of lateral thinking... If JA leaves, do we need a marquee player for 08/09? Looks like we've got a pretty good squad together as it is. How about we have some prudent financial management? We don't need a marquee to put bums on seats, do we now? Lets invest the money we save in other areas, like... the youth team or the Ladies.

Jocwa08

Atomic said:
Jocwa08 said:

Anyway, here's a bit of lateral thinking... If JA leaves, do we need a marquee player for 08/09? Looks like we've got a pretty good squad together as it is. How about we have some prudent financial management? We don't need a marquee to put bums on seats, do we now? Lets invest the money we save in other areas, like... the youth team or the Ladies.

i havent got stats or anything, but i believe crowds have increased since aloisi's return and i believe we do need a marquee and it does have to be a striker, or a LB and CB then give Jedi or Vukovic or Wilko marquee, then we will still have a strong squad with quicker backs

Jesus

Jesus
I am confident JA will be here.

Otherwise, i think a marquee is still a good idea, if another player of his quality.

Womens league looks like it will be at least a year away from starting, and alot of funding for youth coming from fed govt.

Atomic

Jocwa08 said:
Atomic said:
Jocwa08 said:

i havent got stats or anything, but i believe crowds have increased since aloisi's return and i believe we do need a marquee and it does have to be a striker, or a LB and CB then give Jedi or Vukovic or Wilko marquee, then we will still have a strong squad with quicker backs

We had pretty average crowds after JA arrived. I remeber Lyall lamenting the fact that the Board had done all it could do, but the crowds were only about 11K. It wasn't untill the Sydney game did we start getting the massive crowds, and believe me, JA was only a minor reason for that.

Atomic

Jesus said:
Womens league looks like it will be at least a year away from starting, and alot of funding for youth coming from fed govt.

Yep, so lets start saving now.

Jesus

Jesus
Atomic said:
Jesus said:

Yep, so lets start saving now.

From the looks of things the league will only go ahead with major government funding, which will significantly lesser our costs, if they are even aligned with all a-league clubs.

Also, marquee money is not usually from the clubs pockets, but from the private investment of singo and turnbull. If they want to spend it they will, with the clubs approval, and they are not in any need to save 500k a year or more, i would assume.

pjennings

Atomic said:
Jocwa08 said:
Atomic said:
Jocwa08 said:

We had pretty average crowds after JA arrived. I remeber Lyall lamenting the fact that the Board had done all it could do, but the crowds were only about 11K. It wasn't untill the Sydney game did we start getting the massive crowds, and believe me, JA was only a minor reason for that.

We always struggle for crowds up to the holidays. Some of that comes from the amount of involvement in other sport. But our averages for this part of the season have also increased. I think we will have another marquee. Hopefully JA!!   

FFC Mariner

All 3 of our goals the other night were down to Elrich (Kwas was lucky but the other 2 werent). He goes missing for massive chunks of the game and as for his bother.............

Jesus

Jesus
Adelaide court Elrich brothers
By Val Migliaccio
February 18, 2008 ADELAIDE United has made an audacious bid for brothers Ahmad and Tarek Elrich.

Australia and former Fulham English Premier League midfielder Ahmad was set to join his younger sibling at Newcastle Jets next season after a stint as Wellington's marquee player.

But that was before the Reds stepped in.

However, it's believed that Ahmad would only consider joining United if Tarek was to be part of the deal. Adelaide has reportedly obliged with an impressive two-year deal for the pair.

Adelaide coach Aurelio Vidmar is chasing a creative midfielder and a right back to strengthen the club after its sixth-place finish in the home and away series.

Ahmad fits Vidmar's creative role, especially if Adelaide's young gun Nathan Burns pursues a move to Europe.

Tarek is poised to fill the vacant right back position after stalwart Richie Alagich retires from the club to play Super League once the Reds complete the group stage of the AFC Champions League in May.

The Elrichs pending signatures will put pressure on Adelaide's remaining out-of-contract players after Dez Giraldi and Bobby Petta have been set free to seek other clubs at the end of their contracts in June.

Keepers Daniel Beltrame and Robert Bajic, Kristian Sarkies, Milan Susak, Shaun Ontong, Matthew Mullen have yet to be officially re-signed despite their contracts coming to an end.

Confusion continues over Adelaide defender Angelo Costanzo, who has reportedly agreed to stay with United for another season last week. It is understood Costanzo has not signed for the club despite being announced as a contract certainty for another season last Tuesday.

In a bizarre twist Costanzo was even quoted by the club.

"It's great to extend my relationship with a fantastic club for another season," Costanzo said in a club statement.

"Adelaide United is a club I enjoy playing for and hopefully we can improve on last season and win a grand final in 2008/09."

Costanzo did not return calls on Sunday.

Meanwhile, Germany is set to be Burns' next port of call after Norway's SK Brann failed to sign the Olyroos player last week. Burns trialled with the club at a pre-season training camp at Spain's La Manga.

Brann's director of sport Roald Bruun-Hanssen said there was no room for Burns despite being impressive during his short stay.

"Our squad is big enough at the moment. If we are going to sign a player, another must leave us first," Bruun-Hanssen said.

"In our situation, this is the right thing to do.

"But we wish to stay in contact with him and he's given us a good impression."

Omni

Ahmed said he was dissapointed with his season when I was talking to him after the Nix game said the goal he scored against us was the only good thing he's done all season.

Jocwa08

how many players do adeliade want!?
Elrich 1
Elrich 2
The Og
Piro

And heaps of other have been rumoured

why arent there many rumours for the mariners
thinking of it, mariners have kept most of their side
since season one than everyone else, we didnt get
to many players this season, id say it will pick up
before the ACL.

Andy

The World Game on Sunday mentioned that Musialik is likely to head south of the border and join the Tards next season. I think it was repeated by Cockerill during the game as well IIRC.
Hopefully this signing will put to bed the rumour of Pondeljak joining them.

Jesus

Jesus
It would seem to be foolish to sign them both of presumably sizeable contracts.

Adelaide will be strong again next year, injuries being more friendly than this year.

To be completely fair, Adelaide would have made the finals, and probably given Scummers a run, if it wasnt for two reds from breeze.

If it wasnt for those reds, we may well have been playing adelaide next week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred