• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

Sean

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23199080-5006068,00.html

Milligan, Zadkovich out and Giraldi in at Sydney FC

By David Davutovic

February 12, 2008 12:00am

SYDNEY FC's aggressive 2008-09 recruiting campaign continues with Adelaide United striker Dez Giraldi looking at a reunion with his former mentor John Kosmina.

Giraldi will likely sign with Sydney by the end of the week, although he will remain with United for the Asian Champions League. It follows the capture of Perth Glory midfielder Simon Colosimo and Newcastle striker Mark Bridge, who will join once his Jets commitments cease.

The immensely talented but injury-prone Giraldi, who turns 22 next month, has scored just one goal in 16 appearances for Adelaide.

Meanwhile, Olyroos pair Mark Milligan and Ruben Zadkovich may have worn the sky blue shirts of Sydney FC for the last time.

Milligan, whose contract expires in April, will likely be trialling overseas after he resisted signing a new deal yesterday when he met with coach John Kosmina.

"He's (Milligan) got desires to go overseas, but we obviously want to keep him. We had a chat with him today. He said if it didn't work out, he'd like to stay," Kosmina said.

Sydney have also pitched an offer at Ruben Zadkovich but it is believed it may be revised after last Friday's loss to Queensland Roar.

Zadkovich is also being pursued by Newcastle Jets.

Milligan and Zadkovich will not travel to Hawaii because of Olyroos commitments, and Kosmina said they were due for rest.

"Millsy could do with a break and so can Ruben. They've got a big camp coming up," Kosmina said.

"Millsy needs a week or two away from the game, with his broken nose, and he played with a thigh strain on Friday - he started to pull up and I noticed him hobbling.

"They're not going to be with us for the next six months either way."

It is the end of an era for Sydney, with Mark Rudan and Ufuk Talay moving to J-League 2 side Avispa Fukuoka and Michael Bridges returning to Hull City.

David Zdrilic and Brendan Renaud are set to be released, although Kosmina was giving nothing away on that front.

Sydney will reverse their original plan not to sign a marquee player for next season, and a second-year term for Brazilian Juninho, who misses the trip to Hawaii, has not been ruled out. Kosmina is also considering tabling one-year extensions to Patrick and Mark Robertson.

Sydney have also been in negotiations with Perth midfielder Mitch Prentice.

Kosmina said he had spoken to Milligan about his reaction to being subbed against Queensland in the minor semi-final and had no issue with it. Milligan had shown his frustration by kicking a water bottle.

On Zadkovich, Kosmina confirmed a contract had been offered: "We've spoken to Ruben, we had a preliminary meeting with the relevant personnel, and we'll sort that one out."

kevrenor

Perm said:
Could we do with Milligan at our club?
Well Lawrie thought he had him signed pre season 1 but he buggered off to the Bling! If Lawrie wanted him and thought he could recant his dark side and meet the no dickheads policy I'd take him but I doubt very much it will happen. His agent will be looking exclusively O/S.  Perhaps Scu.nthorpe may be a fit (apologies to any supporters)

Sean

Would he do well overseas? I really dont rate him and think he still has a year in HAL before he is noticably overseas material.

rosko

Where is Djite next year? He is one player I would love to see at the Mariners. Im sure any team in the A-League would love to have him. Adelaide's season fell apart when he got injured.

skilbeck

rosko said:
Where is Djite next year? He is one player I would love to see at the Mariners. Im sure any team in the A-League would love to have him. Adelaide's season fell apart when he got injured.

Adelaide wouldve been an infinitely better side if injuries to Djite and Burns didnt hamper them. That couldve been the strike partnership of the season

Hagar the Horrible

kevrenor said:
Perm said:
Could we do with Milligan at our club?
Well Lawrie thought he had him signed pre season 1 but he buggered off to the Bling! If Lawrie wanted him and thought he could recant his dark side and meet the no dickheads policy I'd take him but I doubt very much it will happen. His agent will be looking exclusively O/S.  Perhaps Scu.nthorpe may be a fit (apologies to any supporters)
Don't forget what Milligan's agent is known for. He released a piglet onto the SCG.

Andy

rosko said:

Still has another year at AUFC

Atomic

Kanu or "Super" Kevin Phillips being looked at for Gold Coast. I read some talk on the Sydney forum that SFC are keen on Kanu as well.

http://www.theworldgame.com.au/home/index.php?pid=st&cid=106194

crooksey

lots of talk about kanu being linked to gold coast galaxy

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Galaxy-keen-on-star-Kanu.3771880.jp
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=507634&cc=5739&campaign=rss&source=soccernet
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=584357
being an avid arsenal fan, kanu was a personal favourite back in the day (that 2nd half hattrick vs chelsea 1999 :eek:verhead: ) and he is still only 32yo  :eek: would be a great signing but i'm guessing wouldn't come on the cheap but i'm sure he'd still have what it takes to be a world class player and would really lift the a-league's reputation and would be a bold statement from the galaxy  :thumbup:

Deej

Gold Coast won't be able to afford him IMO

Dunno what he's on at Pompey? 15k per week? in dollars that's about $35k? times by 52 that's $1.8 million roughly........much more than $1 million for a marquee in the HAL is pushing it.

Jocwa08

Some stuff from four-four-two

Newcastle
Ruban Zadkovich with Mark Bridge going to Sydney
Musalik 'hands off' warning to all a-league clubs
Ahmed Elrich rumoured to join brother at Newcastle Jets. He will fit under the salary cap now as Newcastle have plenty of funds with the axing of Scott Turnbridge, Mario Jardel, Mark Bridge, Noel Spencer, Stephen Laybutt and Stuart Musialik all believed to be on their way out.

QLD
Scott Chipperfield to come in defence with SEO moved into midfield
Stu Musalik
Frank Langana is the interest of Frank Farina although he may opt to play in the Danish League

Gold Coast Galaxy
Miron Blieberg Director of Football may be announced as their coach
Brazilian midfielder Flvio Conceio (Panathinaikos) is reportedly set to sign with the Gold Coast Galaxy as the clubs inaugural marquee player.

Northen Thunder
Wehrman
Laurent Robert (Derby) Marquee Signing

Wellington Pheonix
Micheal Ferrante axed
Andrew Durante has already signed a 2-year contract with Phoenix. He will join the club along with Leo Bertos and Ben Sigmund. Plus a new striker should be on the way in from Europe to take up the club's marquee status as Elrich is extending his contract under the salary cap.
Rocki Herbet to take New Zealand NT duties with Ian Crook interested in Pheonix job?

Sydney
Simon Colosimo to be signed
Ahmed Elrich, Mark Bridge
David Zdrillic, Patrick and Ruben Zadkovich to be released
Two clubs in the English Championship are interested in Brendon Santalab
Mark Milligan - FC Twente

Melbourne
Stu Musalik, Sasha Ognenovski
Roddy Vargas rumoured to join Leijer at Fulham
Hernandez to convert his loan contract to permanent, Nick Ward to extent his contract
Leijer may return on a loan deal but looks unlikely as Leeds loan offer for the rest of the season looks as a likely destination.
Currently in talks with two overseas based Australians. Eddie Bosnar 27, Heracles Almelo and Micheal Baird 24, FC Universitatea Craiova Romania.
Have been in contact with David Strihavka (Norwich City) but he looks to return to his Homeland and play for Slavia Prague

Adelaide
Jamie Coyne, Sasha Ognenovski, Stu Musalik, Andrew Durante, Kristian Rees, Paul Pezos
Alvin Ceccoli joined Adelaide United for the ACL
Ian Fyfe from Sydney is sought out by Vidmar knowing Fyfe has family and close ties with Adelaide
Adelaide have approached Fulham to loan out both Adrian Leijer and James Troisi for v.4
Ljubo Millicevic to take the defensive role of Jonas Salley. Jonas Salley believed to be out of favour and funds being freed up by the expected depatures of Richie Alagich, Bobby Petta and Shaun Ontong after the AFC, Ljubo is seen as an ideal replacement for Jonas Salley's role or to fit into the back four.
Nathan Burns - Anderlecht, Belgium although Adelaide have pulled out all stops to keep him for one more year.
Damien Mori to take over as New Adelaide Coach?
Tony Vidmar to join Brother at Adelaide United as Assistant?

Perth Glory
Perth Glory are look to sign Uruguay player Gonzalo Choy from Club Morelia
Colosimo, Bertos freed by Glory

Sasha Ognenovski - approached by Adelaide and Victory
Stu Musalik - QLD offers $150000, Victory $180000 but turned down the offer because of the Rodrigo Vargas incident
Allan Picken to return to the A-league

Piorkowski has been unhappy with the offer Victory has given him so he is on the lookout for a new club with interest from the gold coast and other clubs. He is also putting himself in the ring for an overseas move. How much can one ask for, not playing a full season with injuries over the last couple of years!!!!???

Omni

Mori wouldn't be involved with Adelaide United, he's paid good money to stay away from them.

gunners

im soo stoked we got caceres. imo was the best left sided player in the comp besides heffo. gonna be great for us i hope

Jocwa08

With Tony Vidmar retiring after the 2007-08 A-League Grand Final, it is all but confirmed that John Aloisi will be the Mariners marquee player from the 2008-09 season.
Sources close to the Central Coast side say that he will be marquee player for two seasons.

This article has been provided by:
Jason Muller of Newcastle

FourFourTwo Belief Factor: 8/10 - almost certain but the fact it has yet to be announced suggests Aloisi is still holding out for an even better deal elsewhere...

i like four-four-two

Jesus

Jesus
Any 442 "rumours" that have any substance, seem to be just someone stating things they have read from other sources, twg, fox, smh, etc, and calling it a rumour.

Most are utter bull.

Everyone knows that the mariners offered Aloisi a 2 year deal. But the club has said that contract talks are on hold til season end. Will Viddie retireing help it? I dont know. There are suggestions both ways.

It in no way confirms it, since JA and Viddie are supposed to be pretty good mates, and if Viddie goes to coach elsewhere, May in fact mean less reason for JA to stay.

Hell, if QLD make the ACL, there is probably a good chance that frankie will try and lure JA there, Then he wouldnt miss the ACL, and may make more money.

Some basic reasoning, with something possible, not really probably. If you send it to 442, it would get a run as a rumour with substance.

Atomic

I accept that this is all speculation at the moment, but it's fun nonetheless...

Jesus said:
Everyone knows that the mariners offered Aloisi a 2 year deal. But the club has said that contract talks are on hold til season end. Will Viddie retireing help it? I dont know. There are suggestions both ways.

Vidmar's retirement has absolutely no bearing on JA's position as far as marquee is concerned. Viddy would've been sqeezed into the salary cap and I doubt he would've been offered another marquee role at his age.

Jesus said:
It in no way confirms it, since JA and Viddie are supposed to be pretty good mates, and if Viddie goes to coach elsewhere, May in fact mean less reason for JA to stay.

Why would JA want to leave the best coach in the land (LMcK) becasue his good mate is retiring??? Like everyone, JA is motivated by money, but he's also motivated by trophies (he has a severe lack of them). Looking at the stability of coaching staff in the A-League, I think the Mariners would give him the most confidence, not an untried and experienced coach like Viddie or a knucklehead like Frank Farina

Jesus said:
Hell, if QLD make the ACL, there is probably a good chance that frankie will try and lure JA there, Then he wouldnt miss the ACL, and may make more money.

Why would he make more money in Qld? maybe I should ask Singo or our Peter Turnbull that question.

Anyway, there's my 2 cents (probably all that it's worth - especially since the Mint no longer make them)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred