• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

4 / 10 Home AFC Match / Stallions Laguna

Roger the Cabin Boy

how dreadful Torres' crossing was.
I'm not sure if it was Torres but in the first half plenty of crosses were coming in from our right so i guess it was him I thought that the problem was that there was no depth in our attack. We had three or four attackers in a flat line and the crosses were wasted when they landed behind them. I get that they were keen to score but its important that at least one hangs back to run onto the ball or pick up the scraps. I didnt notice it so much in the second half though.

MrCelery

Well I take that back then.

I was exactly on halfway at the back of the top grandstand, sitting with two highly credentialed coaches (two C licences and one B licence in our group of three), one of whom coached Nizzy, and they were saying the same thing. The missed passes must have been the ones putting us under the most pressure.

At times one of the coaches was yelling for Nizz to be involved because he was not showing as much as normally does.

Interesting. I had Nizzy as my MoM, closely followed by Torres and Doka. I thought Nizzy's vision for setting up play and his control was very good.

Despite the score the whole game was riddled with many errors. I just put that down to early season rust, a largely new squad, and the shocking conditions.'

FFC Mariner

So Victory fans rated Wilson? - gee they must be used to seeing some shit then. He wouldnt look out of place in a Walmsley/Mediocrity side.
Not good enough to start for us and not quite sure what he would add off the bench either.
Jury (me) still out on Torres - will either come good and be the next maverick Kwas or Beni type player or another Hoole.

Meerkat

So Victory fans rated Wilson? - gee they must be used to seeing some shit then. He wouldnt look out of place in a Walmsley/Mediocrity side.
Not good enough to start for us and not quite sure what he would add off the bench either.
Jury (me) still out on Torres - will either come good and be the next maverick Kwas or Beni type player or another Hoole.
Funny I just said to my son that Victory really rated him and we’re really upset when he left. On that basis and the fact Monty rated him as well, I am inclined to give him a bit longer to prove himself. But not in the starting 11.

Michael

Totally agree about Wilson.
But Torres was excellent? A hand in most goals and scored the best of the bunch. Yeah some heavy touches and stray passes but literally all of our players had those moments…

Wombat

He can't be a Hoole. His work rate is terrific and he is aggressive. He is also really quick off the mark. His decision making is what needs to improve. His potential is incredible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred