• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

4 / 10 Home AFC Match / Stallions Laguna

Michael

Neutral officials...Kaltak clearly offside here, checks out!

Graduated from the Shaun Evans University of officiating?!

Tongue in cheek, think they were just a bit... ummm... inexperienced.

View attachment 2908
That was one of the single funniest things I’ve seen in a modern day pro football match.
These Asian continent refs are something else.

Ironbark

Apparently the refs had a torrid time getting here with flight changes. Left Sri Lanka, 2 change overs with an extra stop at Melbourne. Just made the last possible option from Melbourne to Sydney to make the game, off the plane, rushed straight to the stadium, then froze their balls off in the weather. A few poor calls but I think exhaustion played its part

Corsair

I looked up the Philippines football league, which is what Stallion play in, it's their top division and it's only got 7 clubs in it....looks like they came third last season.

Corsair

Apparently the refs had a torrid time getting here with flight changes. Left Sri Lanka, 2 change overs with an extra stop at Melbourne. Just made the last possible option from Melbourne to Sydney to make the game, off the plane, rushed straight to the stadium, then froze their balls off in the weather. A few poor calls but I think exhaustion played its part
That's a rough gig, explains a few things.

dlanod

Neutral officials...Kaltak clearly offside here, checks out!

Graduated from the Shaun Evans University of officiating?!

Tongue in cheek, think they were just a bit... ummm... inexperienced.

View attachment 2908
The first time I saw this I thought "oh, I guess that's marginal".

I only noticed the guy standing next to the keeper the second time. Good thing I'm not a linesman.

That's a shocker.

Coastalraider

Ref/ARs had some shockers but just imagine if VAR was in play. Watching would have been a nightmare with all the decisions that would had to be referred. Game would have stagnated, players would have stood around in the rain and doubt that the Mariners would have achieved any momentum.
See this is a really interesting talking point - it didn’t make any difference to the outcome of the game, but I saw these incidents and thought ‘ well this just shows the value of VAR’. Massive howlers let go when blatantly obvious due to human error. VAR has many many issues, but I prefer a system that at least tries to get everything right, and when everyone at home can see that’s a wrong call there is the ability to get it right.

I guess if you are pro/anti VAR you see the same situation through a different lense.

adz

Staff member
The thing for me about the VAR is how bad the tech is and how slow it is. For something like cricket it's different as it's all stop start and they stand around mostly anyway. Football needs to keep moving but they can hold up play for a few minutes at a time and STILL f**k it up.

Stuartmcateer

The thing for me about the VAR is how bad the tech is and how slow it is. For something like cricket it's different as it's all stop start and they stand around mostly anyway. Football needs to keep moving but they can hold up play for a few minutes at a time and STILL f**k it up.
For me it’s the way they look at it.

If you can’t decide on one or 2 run throughs with only slowed down by 1 or 2 times (not freeze frame or ultra slow motion for 9 or 10 goes) then it’s not clear and obvious so get on with the bloody game.

turbo

See this is a really interesting talking point - it didn’t make any difference to the outcome of the game, but I saw these incidents and thought ‘ well this just shows the value of VAR’. Massive howlers let go when blatantly obvious due to human error. VAR has many many issues, but I prefer a system that at least tries to get everything right, and when everyone at home can see that’s a wrong call there is the ability to get it right.

I guess if you are pro/anti VAR you see the same situation through a different lense.
I tend to agree with you but Mick also has a point. VAR is intended to refine and assumes a certain level of competence. When the officials were so hit and miss plus with so many goals scored they would have had a heap of work to do.

shipwreck

Anyone know how tall Paull is? Just looked at the team Pic and he towers over everyone, makes Danny look tiny

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred