• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

22022022 v Plastics

Michael

They will let it slide this time I reckon.
No fines will be given, but we won’t get an apology or we were wrong.

Both decisions can be swung as a discussion of how the rules are phrased.

1st pen - Can’t prove he was going to fall although to us it was clear assumption.

2nd pen - Initial call, no pen. Video evidence not sufficient to overturn decision as clear and obvious.

Along with a statement:
“We will always continue to try and improve our video review systems and are in the process of iniatives that will take video review to the next level”

This should be ready for next season.

* Next season comes, everybody has forgotten about said improvements.
Cycle starts again.

fouls are given where first contact was made (otherwise free kicks would happen out of playing boundary constantly), which was 2 foot outside the box, no pen.

it’s impossible to say miller’s one wasn’t clear and obvious illegal contact (not saying that’s your opinion)
That’s why this genuinely looks like literally top 3 most corrupt moments in aleague history. The bloke looked at miller’s replay 25 times and had the f**king ego to say nah not tonight c**ts. Any person witnessing that tonight knew it was a penalty, even leckie.

Corsair

I've put a lot of time into this league, if it's not a fair playing field it's wasted time. Most of my mates are into NRL, why am i wasting my time on A- League if it's fixed. That Miller penalty... compare that to the fkin dives against us by adelaide. It's cheating. Why would i bother to follow a game that's got such blatant corruption and cheating?

PatientMariner

Evans could have at least bought us dinner and a drink first before he completely f**ked us, what a disgraceful refereeing performance, up there with Adelaide last year and the VAR drama against the Wanderers a couple of seasons back. Surely we need a sign or some type of protest at our next home game!

On the game tonight, we were sloppy at times, too many turnovers coming out of defence, especially Hall, his pass to Oli when they were pressing was lazy, just pump it long if your CDM is going to be pressed!

Ancient Mariner

Whether the decisions were corrupt or incompetent, the whole process was a shambles again. The A-League will never be taken seriously and fans will vote with their feet.
I fear for the future of this Club if this sort of garbage continues.
It will take a some seriously dedicated fans to keep coughing up their cash for season tickets if we continue to be on the rough end of the pineapple.
As well if I were an owner I would be wondering if there were not 1,000 better ways to waste my money than running a Club that is consistently on the receiving end of shit decisions by the governing body, blatantly favouring the big clubs.
You can rip fans off enough times for them to say enough is enough. But that is probably been the aim of the governing body since the get go.

TC Redline

I've put a lot of time into this league, if it's not a fair playing field it's wasted time. Most of my mates are into NRL, why am i wasting my time on A- League if it's fixed. That Miller penalty... compare that to the fkin dives against us by adelaide. It's cheating. Why would i bother to follow a game that's got such blatant corruption and cheating?
I feel for you mate and agree wholeheartedly. With Evans it’s horrible either way you look at it which is he is a blatant CHEAT or the alternative is he is completely incompetent . I actually think he is both and if the shirt colours were swapped that last foul on Miller would be penalty and red card against us and the first Penalty would magically be a free kick. Sickening ...

ryan

That was disgusting. Shaun Evans was looking for any possible reason to not give us a penalty and when he could not find one he denied us anyway. At best incompetent, at worst blatant cheating. We are not the fanciest club going around but all we ask for is an even playing field and a fair go and we are not getting that.

Wombat

? disgraceful he was allowed to get away with that. And evans is a coward at best- otherwise just corrupt. Clear as day outside the box. Yes the contact continues. But it starts and gets starts going down. Just a disgusting decision,
Corrupt clearly......don't forget he is sharing the money with Mr Tits. "Its obviously outside the box Kris!"..."f**k it we can do what we want......i've got away with worse Shaun...just make up some shit and they won't question it."
"Shaun.....Remember Arms in Adelaide last year, that f**kwit lost the plot and still got away with it.....the media do what they are told."
"I've lined up the girls, and the lines and a massive free feed in Lygon St.......pretend you are legit and 60% of Aussies with believe you.......dont think bro....just follow my lead and we will be sinking piss and in the pink very soon"

Allegedly.....heard pitchside today........like Evans, no responsibility is taken if we are incorrect.

Corsair

I feel for you mate and agree wholeheartedly. With Evans it’s horrible either way you look at it which is he is a blatant CHEAT or the alternative is he is completely incompetent . I actually think he is both and if the shirt colours were swapped that last foul on Miller would be penalty and red card against us and the first Penalty would magically be a free kick. Sickening ...
Exactly, had it been at the other end it would have been instant decision and no VAR.

Wombat

Just rubbish! Tilio was definitely already falling to get something after the first contact and unclear whether there was a second contact. And added time should've ended anyway. (Not that you could say we deserved to go in 1 up)
What is this bullshit about a second contact? Is that even a thing? Are there multiple fouls now? ....i let the first 2 fouls go.....but the 3rd and 4th fouls i noticed...BAHAHAHA

Forum Phoenix

Just walk off the field now and say f**k it
That's what I wanted them to do. Or just sit down and refuse to play.

Couldn't even type till now I was so angry.

My son, member for a decade, stopped watching the Mariners at 16 because of this. Couldn't take it.

It's not just VAR. The Mariners as the smallest club have always been the easiest side to screw over... combine that with typical poor Aleague refereeing that every team complains of and our history has been brutal. Now add VAR being able to add to our misery... just f**king unbearable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred