• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.

pjennings

Sucked in Tillies. Kerr was sublime. Fowler showed lovely feet. Everyone else was shite. Someone called out Carpenter earlier.....i apologise....you were 100% correct she is a fraud.
Pokinhorn for Kennedy was retarded.
Kennedy was ill. Kerr missed two sitters that if she had been training/playing she may have taken. England were clinical and were clearly the better side on the night.

Big Al

Congratulations to the Matildas. Awesome tournament but reached our limit.

Our smarted. Out hustled. Out skilled.

Apart from Sam being phenomenal they had the 10 best after her.

Marry looked nervous and didn’t have the time she needed. Has fantastic touch but needs consistency and to muscle up a bit.

Foord was a priority shut down after Kerr and had her worst game.

Carpenter was ordinary all tournament. Crossing was horrible.

The ball bounced the poms way but I think the poms made that happen through their pressure.

Congratulations to all the ex pat poms here. After a sleep i can talk to you all again. Better team won

Big Al

Congratulations to the Matildas. Awesome tournament but reached our limit.

Our smarted. Out hustled. Out skilled.

Apart from Sam being phenomenal they had the 10 best after her.

Marry looked nervous and didn’t have the time she needed. Has fantastic touch but needs consistency and to muscle up a bit.

Foord was a priority shut down after Kerr and had her worst game.

Carpenter was ordinary all tournament. Crossing was horrible.

The ball bounced the poms way but I think the poms made that happen through their pressure.

Congratulations to all the ex pat poms here. After a sleep i can talk to you all again. Better team
Apart from 10 minutes or so in the second half England were clearly on top.Well taken goal by Kerr and some excellent touches by Fowler and Cooney-Cross in the second half but otherwise England's passing and harrying was too much for our team.
what was the second one? I’ve seen it mentioned everywhere but I only thought the rebound was a goal she should of scored. Any header was just out of reach to control anything where she wanted it.

Melange

Better side won. Classy professionalism won over under funded enthusiasm.
England actually were cold blooded assassins and did what City couldn't.
It's nearly home.
Spain are a good side but I "think" our pace and power will win it
Ha ha cold blooded assassins! Don't jinx them ?

turbo

We reverted to the old kick it to Sam instead of remembering what worked for us so far. Also looked very flat as a result of that France game roller coaster and poor bench management the whole tournament. Defensive lapses costly but some see it easier to blame Sam missing goals.

The girls did very well but need depth and a better tactical manager who trusts his whole squad.

Stuartmcateer

I think we played our final against France.

England were better on the night but it’s a game of moments and they took theirs and we were lacking in ours - both finishing and defensively. Same thing happened in the men’s vs Argentina (Ryan’s dribble, the tackle on behich, the save from garang).

Sam battled on but you could see that she was never fit. Can’t work out why we picked an unfit kyah Simon ??‍♂️

Carpenter doesn’t look like she has fully recovered from the ACL injury.

Hopefully he gives a few girls a final goodbye on Saturday and bloods a few of those young ones who didn’t get minutes to kick off the Asian cup / World Cup cycle.

Insertnamehere

Regardless of the France match, England look a step up on anyone weve played or Ive watched. Their control and passing is excellent. Although we were defs a yard short on pace, likely due to the france game and short turn around. Our game plan definitely became too one dimensional as we went. All at Sam without the requisite players running off her, so whether that was a miscommunication or not I dont know.

pjennings

Regardless of the France match, England look a step up on anyone weve played or Ive watched. Their control and passing is excellent. Although we were defs a yard short on pace, likely due to the france game and short turn around. Our game plan definitely became too one dimensional as we went. All at Sam without the requisite players running off her, so whether that was a miscommunication or not I dont know.
The Spanish seem better in attack, the Swedes overall better in defence. The English side is just a better all round side. The Matildas remind me of the 2006 Socceroos. Some very good players - even stars - but not solid enough across the 23. Guus was reluctant to play too many in 2006 - same with Tony here. Give it time and more girls/women playing professionally and the standard across the squad will grow - hopefully in time for the 2027 edition.

Big Al

For 10 minutes after that goal. Can you call it a goal as it was even more special than that i thought we were going to see Sam dominant a game like no other and literally pick us up off the floor and carry us on her back. If she gets that rebound in later I think she would have grabbed a hat trick

Big Dog

Sucked in Tillies. Kerr was sublime. Fowler showed lovely feet. Everyone else was shite. Someone called out Carpenter earlier.....i apologise....you were 100% correct she is a fraud.
Pokinhorn for Kennedy was retarded.
I called out Carpenter. Nothing personal, don't know her but I find it hard to comprehend we don't have better FB's available. She'd be better in the NRLW. Not a lot better across the entire backline.

Will be an interesting final. I've enjoyed watching Spain play. They load up spaces really well in attack and after regaining possession.

FFC Mariner

I called out Carpenter. Nothing personal, don't know her but I find it hard to comprehend we don't have better FB's available. She'd be better in the NRLW. Not a lot better across the entire backline.

Will be an interesting final. I've enjoyed watching Spain play. They load up spaces really well in attack and after regaining possession.
If England get another soft ref they will run right over the top of Spain

Stuartmcateer

She was better before the ACL injury. I don’t think she is fully back from it. Defensively she seems to be a step behind and not as robust in the tackle as prior to it.

Watching the doco on Disney+ she doesn’t seem to have got back to the level she was at 14 months ago pre injury.

Tbh I can see her becoming more a RM/ winger than RB going forward.

Wombat

She was better before the ACL injury. I don’t think she is fully back from it. Defensively she seems to be a step behind and not as robust in the tackle as prior to it.

Watching the doco on Disney+ she doesn’t seem to have got back to the level she was at 14 months ago pre injury.

Tbh I can see her becoming more a RM/ winger than RB going forward.

She looks like Storm Roux of old (not the legend of the past season) Good going forward but can't defend!

Some very strong postives to come out of this Cup for Australia.

Hunt
Cooney-Cross
Foord
Sam back from injury
Fowler

The future looks strong for Australia.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads