• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.

Stuartmcateer

Gorry has been our worst starter through the 4 games. Constantly missing passes and giving up cheap ball.
In possession 100% agree. She must have the worst pass completion in history.

Defensively though she gets through a power of work and breaks up a lot of attacks. The other girls also seem to feed on that energy and lift.

Carpenter for mine has been the same. Runs all day but passing has been poor.

Big Al

I'd like to see the stats on touches, she gives the ball up too often but is likely on it the most by a decent margin. Has made some really nice passes too but its easier to recall the misses.
It’s more when and how she makes these bad passes.

Last night we we’re struggling for possession and needed a break from defending. We were setting up and she was trying balls that weren’t on and we lost possession and were then vulnerable on the counter.

She wasn’t controlling the team as would be expected.

There wasn’t anything in our own half that was to bad or dangerous but she hasn’t been good all tournament. Trying the home run shot every time.

turbo

Trying the home run shot every time.
It did seem like she was trying too hard especially in one of the early games. Needed more balance as you've alluded to. On one hand you need your CMs to make low percentage passes to create opportunities at times but other times we need to settle and control the game or recycle possession if its not on. I feel like we've started doing that in the last game or two which should put less pressure on making silly passes. There's plenty that just havent been good enough but that is more likely with volume.

Big Al

It did seem like she was trying too hard especially in one of the early games. Needed more balance as you've alluded to. On one hand you need your CMs to make low percentage passes to create opportunities at times but other times we need to settle and control the game or recycle possession if its not on. I feel like we've started doing that in the last game or two which should put less pressure on making silly passes. There's plenty that just havent been good enough but that is more likely with volume.
Could be a little anxiety from the big crowds and pressure of the tournament. Really hard to be settled and calm under that pressure.

Although i don’t think she’s a top midfielder that can control a game like that.

Bloody hard worker though.

Liam

I wouldn't be shocked if we actually win the comp. Things are looking good. Kerrs back we have confidents and were playing a good type of football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred