• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.

VicMariner

I lost all faith with football after the introduction of video referee. Every game just got f**ked over. I stopped watching for months and then tried again....and that game was f**ked over by a ridiculous video referee.
Watching now, hoping to see real football.
Also, great that CCM won the trophy. So happy for you guys...you deserve it all and more!!
I wasn't watching.
Video ref guts football.
Thumb me down and call me whatever....idgaf.

Tevor

I lost all faith with football after the introduction of video referee. Every game just got f**ked over. I stopped watching for months and then tried again....and that game was f**ked over by a ridiculous video referee.
Watching now, hoping to see real football.
Also, great that CCM won the trophy. So happy for you guys...you deserve it all and more!!
I wasn't watching.
Video ref guts football.
Thumb me down and call me whatever....idgaf.
The A League referees nearly stopped me from watching so I get where you are coming from.

Matilda’s need to improve their passing, looking too rushed.

pjennings

Talk of another world cup bid.

https://forum.insidesport.com.au/30...-to-further-Australia-World-Cup-bids-Comments

EARLY SIGNS POINT TO FURTHER AUSTRALIA WORLD CUP BIDS​

By George Clarke Jul 21 2023 2:58PM

FA chief executive James Johnson says Australia's eagerness for the Women's World Cup strengthens their hand if they are to bid for further FIFA events.​

Football Australia chief executive James Johnson says Australia's early enthusiasm for the Women's World Cup sends "the right signal" to FIFA as his organisation eyes off bringing further events down under.
Johnson has hinted FA would like to bring the men's 2034 World Cup to Australia and they have also discussed bidding for the recently-expanded Club World Cup.

He said the keenness with which Australians had embraced co-hosting this year's tournament with New Zealand stood Australia in "good stead".

Strong ticket sales and big TV viewing figures from the tournament's opening night are only likely to strengthen FA's case.

More than 1.4 million tickets had already been sold across Australia and New Zealand prior to the Kiwis opening the tournament with an upset 1-0 victory against Norway in front of 42,000 in Auckland on Thursday.

The ticket sales have already surpassed those of the best-attended Women's World Cup which took place in Canada in 2015 (1.35 million). "In Australia alone we've sold over 1 million tickets now and that will only increase," Johnson told AAP. "To give a comparison, the Qatar World Cup last year sold around 3.5 million, so to be the best-ever attended Women's World Cup sends the right signal to FIFA and the rest of the world. "When we do bid, we'll have already hosted the best-ever Women's World Cup and I think that puts us in good stead."

A decision on the host of the 2034 men's World Cup will be made in 2027.
In Australia, the Matildas kicked off their campaign with a 1-0 win over Ireland in front of a 75,000-strong crowd at Stadium Australia. The attendance was a record for a women's game in Australia.
The hotly-anticipated game against the Irish was watched by a peak of 4.88 million viewers on the Seven Network with an average of 1.97 million viewers across the 90 minutes.

According to Google, "Women's World Cup" and "the Matildas" were the two-most searched terms in Australia on Thursday. "We operate in a global sport and the more connections we have as a local game is better for the sport," Johnson said. "Bringing big global content to Australia is when you see the best of our game.

"We're a footballing country because we've got two of the strongest sporting brands in the market in the Socceroos and the Matildas, we're the biggest participation sport and those numbers are only going to grow after this tournament."

Last edited:

Wombat

What channel is the World cup on?

I go to Channel 7 and i can only see Matilda's interviews etc

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member