• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2020/21 Season

Ironbark

This will be interesting and a real balls up, this makes our Visa players crucial and also we need to give some more time to the fringe players like Hall, Hatch, Casella and Smylie so they are better prepared for more game time. I think the Olyroos will impact us the most. City will be majorly screwed.
Maybe Tsekenis too...

pjennings

I've been comparing this teams performance so far versus previous seasons. It stacks up really well

This table is purely on points and this years performance is already in the top half.

YRPTSGAMESPPGPOS
10-1157301.902
12-1354272.002
11-1251271.891
13-1442271.563
7-834211.621
5-632211.523
9-1030271.118
20-2129151.931
8-928211.334
6-724211.146
14-1523270.858
16-1723270.858
17-1820270.7410
19-2018260.6911
15-1613270.4810
18-1913270.4810

However, when you look at points per game the season so far is even more impressive - up there with GA's three seasons.

YRPTSGAMESPPGPOS
12-1354272.002
20-2129151.931
10-1157301.902
11-1251271.891
7-834211.621
13-1442271.563
5-632211.523
8-928211.334
6-724211.146
9-1030271.118
14-1523270.858
16-1723270.858
17-1820270.7410
19-2018260.6911
15-1613270.4810
18-1913270.4810

Still plenty of work to stay up there but who would have thought we would be where we are at this stage of the season.

Ozhammer

I think Garcia is showing some naivety in his team selections, which isn’t helping their cause. For example, why start Bramwell at LM and leave Armiento on the bench like he did tonight?

Armiento virtually hauled Perth back into the game single handed after he came on imo. Ingham is also not a forward and looks lost in an advanced role, so he should have put Bramwell up front alongside Fallandrolli left Ingham on the bench and put Armiento in at LM.

Oh and how shocking was the penalty decision? Talk about the attacker initiating contact (a la fkn Mauk :mad:) of course Ams gives it and man boobs KGJ ratifies it as the VAR hmmmmm.:doh:

Tassiemariner

Seems like the best place to post this - But if anyone is still keen on Launceston away, accommodation in Launnie is getting very tight. I just had a quick look (to get a cheaper place) and there were very few places left on booking.com and airbnb.

Anyone want me to scout a pre-match beer spot too?

Ozhammer

Hi TM, we have booked our flights and accom, so very much looking forward to seeing your part of the country in a couple of weeks’ time! Hopefully our travelling fans can all meet up somewhere pre and post-game, so myself and Mrs OH would be happy to be part of that.

Wombat

Seems like the best place to post this - But if anyone is still keen on Launceston away, accommodation in Launnie is getting very tight. I just had a quick look (to get a cheaper place) and there were very few places left on booking.com and airbnb.

Anyone want me to scout a pre-match beer spot too?
It might be sleeping bags at your Gaff TM.

greenlig

The Oak is a good pub, 15 min odd walk to the stadium. St. John’s if you want a slightly more craft beer vibe. Alchemy sits somewhere in between them. I also noticed a new cocktail bar last time I was down there. Launny is picking up.

Ozhammer

For anyone that is still looking for accommodation in Launceston, we booked the Best Western Plus at $142 per night through the Travel Up website.

pjennings

I think if anyone can get to 49 points this season they will get the plate. At this stage that leaves PG, WEL, WSW, MVC & NUJ out and MAC would need to win every remaining game.

Of the remaining 6 MCI , CCM, BNE & ADL are probably best placed. But WUN & SFC are still in the race.

It all comes down who loses players from mid-May for the NTs . City will struggle without Maclaren and Nabbout. We and Adelaide will surely lose a number. Sydney Ninkovic, Bobo and ALF will still be very potent.

As for top 6 - 40 points would surely do it. MCI, ADL and us should be there but not nailed on yet. But really anyone down to Perth can make it with a good run of form. Even MVC. Only the scum that can only get to 37 can be discounted.

Last edited:

Big Al

I think if anyone can get to 49 points this season they will get the plate. At this stage that leaves PG, WEL, WSW, MVC & NUJ out and MAC would need to win every remaining game.

Of the remaining 6 MCI , CCM, BNE & ADL are probably best placed. But WUN & SFC are still in the race.

It all comes down who loses players from mid-May for the NTs . City will struggle without Maclaren and Nabbout. We and Adelaide will surely lose a number. Sydney Ninkovic, Bobo and ALF will still be very potent.

As for top 6 - 40 points would surely do it. MCI, ADL and us should be there but not nailed on yet. But really anyone down to Perth can make it with a good run of form. Even MVC. Only the scum that can only get to 37 can be discounted.
Great point about SFC. They will possibly have some easy games with that strike force being eligible for the rest of the season

finally retired

salary cap ????? :popcorn:

Huddo

the record for the highest points to miss the top 6 is 36 points, at 1.38 points per game in last year's comp a 26 game year.
Seventh place on the ladder WSW is currently on 1.32, on points per game McB is sitting 7th at 1.47, if current trajectory continues they'd be looking at 35-36. So 2 more wins, and we should have enough to get to the 6, then its a crap shoot.

Big Al

the record for the highest points to miss the top 6 is 36 points, at 1.38 points per game in last year's comp a 26 game year.
Seventh place on the ladder WSW is currently on 1.32, on points per game McB is sitting 7th at 1.47, if current trajectory continues they'd be looking at 35-36. So 2 more wins, and we should have enough to get to the 6, then its a crap shoot.
Think we need 3 to be safe and 4 for top 4

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami