• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2020/21 Season

Allreet?

I still expect us to reset and make the top two. Staj has shown his adaptability before and hopefully last night he saw what a shambles a good team made of his Plan A when Stens is out.

My money's on changes after that with Urena and Nigro in particular looking unlikely to start next time. It's only Victory so a good chance to get the shape and systems back. Hopefully Stens comes in and maybe try Hall at right back. Drop Urena for Kuol.

Allreet?

Drop Simon not Urena. Urena will provide better service, Matty to spur the team on if they get complacent or if we have any chasing to do by that point late in the game.
Urena was dreadful last night. Didn't seem like he cared - seemed like he had the shits, in fact. I suspect an attitude problem which you'll never get with Simmo.

turbo

Urena was dreadful last night. Didn't seem like he cared - seemed like he had the shits, in fact. I suspect an attitude problem which you'll never get with Simmo.
Everyone (with 1 or 2 exceptions) was bad. Simon wasnt any better but if we look back over the last month I believe Urena has shown enough as a creator to be partnered with Kuol. If there is an attitude issue I have to wonder if its related to being hooked over Simon when there is little separating them or he has even provided more. Seems to me that Simon's run of form has caused some man management headaches for Staj and interrupted what was likely intended to be phasing out to a sub role.

Allreet?

You might be right and all we can do is speculate from afar if we're not in the team room, but from my perspective the most important aspect of our team is harmony - everyone pulling together. That gets hard sometimes with everyone competing for just a few spots - especially when the team is successful. But I seriously dislike displays of petulance. It screams: "I'm bigger than the team!!!" and if that infects our harmony ... well we probably don't have the cattle to compete with the likes of City.

We need to be united. It's the Central Coast way - and the way we played last night was a rabble.

Tevor

You might be right and all we can do is speculate from afar if we're not in the team room, but from my perspective the most important aspect of our team is harmony - everyone pulling together. That gets hard sometimes with everyone competing for just a few spots - especially when the team is successful. But I seriously dislike displays of petulance. It screams: "I'm bigger than the team!!!" and if that infects our harmony ... well we probably don't have the cattle to compete with the likes of City.

We need to be united. It's the Central Coast way - and the way we played last night was a rabble.
I feel you are jumping to conclusions on Urena, Simon went missing big time last night and his passing was the Simon of old. Urena was well marked as he has clearly been our danger man so Citeh were smart with that tactic because shut down Urena, Simon has nothing which worked a treat. I agree with others that only two or three players had a good night the rest were very unremarkable which is a huge change because normally you can pick 6 MOTM's from the team.

Hopefully just a speed hump and we need to come out and play hard and better on Saturday night. There may be something about how much the game against Glory impacted players because Glory looked terrible and flat in their next game just like we did last night. Could be Citeh's year though.

Allreet?

I saw what I saw - numerous flicks to no-one by Urena and no effort at all in closing down or getting into space.

I dunno...maybe I'm still pissed off at Urena's dummy spit from last week, so maybe I was watching him with too much suspicion.

One thing's for sure, we can't afford those two on at the start so one has to give way for Kuol. More importantly, there has to be a farking plan to get the ball to Kuol, FFS it frustrated the crap out of me last night when we didn't try at all to get teh ball to him.

pjennings

I saw what I saw - numerous flicks to no-one by Urena and no effort at all in closing down or getting into space.

I dunno...maybe I'm still pissed off at Urena's dummy spit from last week, so maybe I was watching him with too much suspicion.

One thing's for sure, we can't afford those two on at the start so one has to give way for Kuol. More importantly, there has to be a farking plan to get the ball to Kuol, FFS it frustrated the crap out of me last night when we didn't try at all to get teh ball to him.

Well if it has to be one at the start with Kuol it needs to be Urena, as much as I love what Matty brings to the team and the club more broadly. . Kuol is great at running onto long balls but he also thrives on good service - like that he has received from Bouman. I just think the service is more likely to come from Marcos. Bring on Bouman next to replace whoever is tiring and then Matty later again to fire up the team if they are flagging. If Kuol is given the instructions to go until he is tired and that he will be replaced then we should see the energy he gives as a sub.

IMHO Matty started the season very well (as did Kuol) but both have come back to the field. Bouman and Urena probably started slower but have improved

As for flicks to no-one I think Marcos was expecting people to be playing at the level we have been when people would have been there. The team as a whole just weren't playing at that level on Monday..

Rising Sun

Well if it has to be one at the start with Kuol it needs to be Urena, as much as I love what Matty brings to the team and the club more broadly. . Kuol is great at running onto long balls but he also thrives on good service - like that he has received from Bouman. I just think the service is more likely to come from Marcos. Bring on Bouman next to replace whoever is tiring and then Matty later again to fire up the team if they are flagging. If Kuol is given the instructions to go until he is tired and that he will be replaced then we should see the energy he gives as a sub.

IMHO Matty started the season very well (as did Kuol) but both have come back to the field. Bouman and Urena probably started slower but have improved

As for flicks to no-one I think Marcos was expecting people to be playing at the level we have been when people would have been there. The team as a whole just weren't playing at that level on Monday..
I think you are being very generous to Marcos with the last point. Being on the back foot meant there was less chance of him being able to get combinations going with the likes of DDS, but his turnovers were a factor in us being on the back foot and they were mainly a combination of poor execution and / or low percentage plays.

pjennings

I think you are being very generous to Marcos with the last point. Being on the back foot meant there was less chance of him being able to get combinations going with the likes of DDS, but his turnovers were a factor in us being on the back foot and they were mainly a combination of poor execution and / or low percentage plays.
Possibly - but I'm not going to single him out for what was basically a poor team performance with a few noticeable exceptions

Tevor

What about Simon???? He was just as bad with numerous poor passes. The way they played against us made many players not play as good as we are used to. I’m a bit over the Urena bashing to be honest. Without him we would have scored far less goals this season. We should feel happy to finally have a quality Visa player.

Allreet?

I think Urena's been great until the last two matches.

Everyone needs a reset from time to time and the whole team needs a reset. Drop both Simon and Urena if that's what we need.

Huddo

What about Simon???? He was just as bad with numerous poor passes. The way they played against us made many players not play as good as we are used to. I’m a bit over the Urena bashing to be honest. Without him we would have scored far less goals this season. We should feel happy to finally have a quality Visa player.

To be honest I don't think any of the players are to blame, I just think it was a multitude of issues, not countering the press or having a coherent plan to, players not starting the right positions, lack of intensity, unblooded players thrown in the deep end, it felt like a very underdeveloped game plan.
staj is still learning, and I'm not to worried he seems to be learning from mistakes e.g. the Phenoix Games, the team will maintain his belief, he just needs to be astute enough to not just have a plan b, but also the c, d and e.

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
I'm definitely in the camp of seeing Urena and Kuol on the pitch together from the start. I've said before that Simon will need a break from starting at some stage and why not now when we're expected to win and may find ourselves with the majority of possession. You can still bring him on for Kuol at half time if it doesn't work.
Urena along with DDS has been our most creative player and Simon isn't in the form he is without Urena's vision. He is capable of doing the same for Kuol and getting him back to firing.

Allreet?

I'd say both Nizzy and Bozanic have been more creative than Urena, but to be fair, they've had a lot more time on the park.

Tevor

To be honest I don't think any of the players are to blame, I just think it was a multitude of issues, not countering the press or having a coherent plan to, players not starting the right positions, lack of intensity, unblooded players thrown in the deep end, it felt like a very underdeveloped game plan.
staj is still learning, and I'm not to worried he seems to be learning from mistakes e.g. the Phenoix Games, the team will maintain his belief, he just needs to be astute enough to not just have a plan b, but also the c, d and e.
Exactly, however people seem to think it’s a great time for a Urena bash.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred