• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2016/17 Other A-League Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirate Pete

Elrich should be sent off for that challenge, not subbed.
If Roy had done that he'd have been sent off and got three weeks.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

VAR in action
https://streamable.com/bmdg1

Oh look, 2 players miming the VAR signal and get away with it. Is anybody surprised?

This referee's ineptitude in dealing with blatant dissent has just given the 'ok' for every player to do this – and told every fan that the story about ref's cracking down on this was garbage.

And I'm not convinced this was the correct decision. Push in the back for me.

Big Al

VAR in action
https://streamable.com/bmdg1

Oh look, 2 players miming the VAR signal and get away with it. Is anybody surprised?

This referee's ineptitude in dealing with blatant dissent has just given the 'ok' for every player to do this – and told every fan that the story about ref's cracking down on this was garbage.

And I'm not convinced this was the correct decision. Push in the back for me.
Interesting, doubt they were even looking for the push. I certainly wasn't. The rush for a quick decision will probably open it up for Twitter finds 24 hrs later.

They also made a rod for their own backs by saying they wouldn't be to harsh on the yellows for a asking for VAR as Common sense needed to be applied as new system. You need to set the standard from the start as you say.

Thought the captain did an ok job of saying back off.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

When did they say that? There was a fox sports article espousing a harsh response....

Though really, VAR aside, running up to the referee to argue like that SHOULD be netting cards anyway.....

Big Al

When did they say that? There was a fox sports article espousing a harsh response....

Though really, VAR aside, running up to the referee to argue like that SHOULD be netting cards anyway.....
Rules from the International Football Association Board demand that players who surround the referee demanding a revue will receive an automatic yellow, however foxsports.com.au understands common sense will prevail given it’s the introduction of something new

Yes that is from the fox sports link I gave you

I reckon by finals it may happen or next year at slowest

The Nix were the worst, due to there desperation and absolutely should of got yellows, in real time it did look like he was clipped and dived to get the penalty but on the replay looked like a total dive which made them look more stupid.

The problem is whinging at the ref is so breed into players it's hard to get them to stop now especially when they think they have an avenue to get a 2nd opinion.

The reality is the ref doesn't ask for a review anyway so complaining to him is a waste of time.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Ah, missed the part about 'common sense'. Lol, what a copout that is. Really translates to 'we're not going to do anything about it'.
Players shouldn't need to be told, then warned, let the referees gradually let players think then it's okay, then maybe-probably-not start issuing cards for it.
Look at the shirt removal caution. There was no 'common sense'. It was mandatory. Everybody knew it, it was applied that way from the start. No problems.

As you say about the culture of abuse - running up to the referee like they did should see cards being shown anyway, VAR or not. It's an appalling indictment on the inadequacy of the game to deal with one of it's biggest problems that this is okay. And it's a further poor indictment upon Australia in particular - even in the EPL this behaviour is starting to see cards.
Tell players that it's going to be a mandatory card should be sufficient. They're adults and supposed professionals. Don't heed the warning and that's their fault, not the referees.

Now we have the situation where it, as it appears, players appeal for a change in decision and that was granted, resulting in a penalty (and it's questionable whether that decision was correct anyway). This sort of look is something that the powers that be need to figure out how to avoid.

While it wasn't the ref that questioned the initial decision in this instance, in other cases the referee can do that. Which makes such displays or dissent even more problematic.

Pirate Pete

Those scummers at the game they've just shown on TV.
picard.gif

Especially the one bouncing the ball.

Pirate Pete

Bloody hell. Grant's been getting away with murder all season.
If that was a penalty, why haven't we got a few more this season.
icon_mad.gif

:piralaugh: missed it.

Last edited:

Big Al

Could see it coming, SFC. Had all the possession in the Jets box but couldn't capitalise. That save to start the game and Wilko header it had that I bet Jets go down the other end and score feel.

Come on SFC you are suppose to be a second half team.

Finish them off

Vuka is an intimidating keeper, got Naboutt there and got Fab this year as well

Big Al

Goal!!!
Only one team has scored two against them all season and that's us.

Spoon aversion looking good

ballantyne

My oath, the Jets went down in a screaming heap. I hadn't realised how they are Sydney's bunny, so to face them at the end of a club record losing and conceding streak to avoid the spoon must've been hideous.
How richly they deserve their 3rd spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred