• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2016/17 Other A-League Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I can't see that a thread has been created, so I figure I'd start one.

So, we're a week out from the start of the season and yet again there is no advertising whatsoever in Melbourne.

If I didn't proactively find out when the season starts I wouldn't have any inkling it was approaching.

How are the FFA not learning from history???

Is anything happening on the coast to let people know that a national football competition exists in Australia?

dibo

There's the small matter of the AFL Grand Final - even if they are advertising you'd barely see it down there.

MagpieMariner

AFL followers would claim that their game is also a national football competition. Even though most on here would dispute their use of the term "football", a national competition it is.

dibo

It's a code of football and it's national. There are only two markets (Newcastle and the Central Coast) in Australia that there's an A-League team in and no AFL team.

Whatever its merits (and they're truly in the eye of the beholder), it's also followed by many more people than follow our game, and there's no point pretending otherwise.

MagpieMariner

And there are some of us who follow both. Seeing I have little interest in overseas football, I love having my year filled with my two favourite codes. :)

Big Al

Also Socceroos are more important in week one.

Hence no Cahill for week 1.

Also Syd derby selling very well.

See if they crank it up next week

Big Al

Have seen a Cahill A League and Sydney Derby ad already this morning for the season start.

FFA and Foxtel look to have waited for the grand finals to clear as well as it being the week the comp starts.

Socceroos Friday morning then A League Friday night.
Let the season begin

Rowdy

Thursday night:
FoxSports2 Channel, 8:00-9:00pm
'Shootout' - is back on for its first episode, most likely doing a pre-season wrap-up of all the teams new signings, form going into the HAL V-12.0.

Big Al

He'll fit right in

Had to be Austin didn't it. He was good for first 20 then didn't do much but smashed that rebound home.

Pretty ordinary game overall.

FBK could be in trouble and might be on bench next week unless use Austin as a sub when Royas comes back from New Zealand national team

JoyfulPenguin

Thought Victory got fairly lucky Brisbane would have run away with it if McKay hadn't been sent off. Also I know we were terrible last year but the commentators saying it counts for more scoring for Victory than us last year need to get stuffed.

Wombat

Not massively impressed by either team, although Rojas is quality and with make MV stronger.
We can beat both of them.

Luca Brasi

Was really looking forward to the first game of the season however really disappointed with the quality.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

So I guess MV have laid out their plans - try to win by cheating.
Khal-fellover is a disagrace. Early contender for my most hated player of the season.

Rowdy

Bruce Kamau is on fire for the Plastics, set up Caceres with a sublime squared pass for Melb.City's first goal.

Rowdy

Thank God Josh Rose is wearing a red shirt in Wellington tonight and NOT a Yellow one in Perth.
#back-pass of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member