• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2016/17 Other A-League Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoyfulPenguin

Wanderers playing dirty and Gillet letting them, not sure about the penalty wouldn't be unhappy to see that not given. Baccus and Antonis have been very good, Brisbane desperately need to get back control of the midfield, Oar will have a big impact when he comes on I think. If Brisbane are to win this they need a big half from Caletti though.

Pirate Pete

If that was a penalty JP, then we should have had a few this season.

Can't understand why the ref isn't using the review.
Not sure if the back pass could have been reviewed.

Big Al

If that was a penalty JP, then we should have had a few this season.

Can't understand why the ref isn't using the review.
Not sure if the back pass could have been reviewed.
The review is only for obvious errors not contentious ones no matter how little, so we will still get bad decisions just not horrible ones.

Big Al

Weak penalty by Jumpai but good to see his team mates and fans consoling him. All pens were quality till then.

Wombat

Tipping Jumpai is gone next season. Not that Popa needs any reasons to get rid off all of his players after 1 year:doh:

Wombat

So the Plastics have been beaten 2.0 by Perth at home in front of a crowd of less than 10,000. Imagine if Pikey was in charge, he would have them playing in Geelong, Shepperton, Bendigo and Albury-Wodoonga next year.
I do wonder why they didnt bring in a proper coach once the pretender left?

Big Al

So the Plastics have been beaten 2.0 by Perth at home in front of a crowd of less than 10,000. Imagine if Pikey was in charge, he would have them playing in Geelong, Shepperton, Bendigo and Albury-Wodoonga next year.
I do wonder why they didnt bring in a proper coach once the pretender left?
Would you rather be paying the minimum and come 8th or have the highest ever squad spend and come 5th.

City need a good coach badly and not our coach.

Rose was one of there best players, that's not good.

They were horrible

Well done Fox complete farce 7pm kick off

Big Al

Somehow SFC have pulled off a Sat night final when no one else can.
Prob due to NRL or some grass massacre on Friday night and Roar need Sunday due to ACL for fairness.

Looked at prices as part of the article and $49 is cheapest adult ticket, they have to be joking and Victory is $45

style_cafe

Would you rather be paying the minimum and come 8th or have the highest ever squad spend and come 5th.

City need a good coach badly and not our coach.

Rose was one of there best players, that's not good.

They were horrible

Well done Fox complete farce 7pm kick off

I thought Rose was rubbish.
He failed to track back on numerous occasions, his ball control was non existent, passing was poor, crosses never found the target etc.
In fact, I thought to myself, it was a poor way for him to retire

Big Al

He should have been sent off for running with his elbow into Bujis head. In the AFL you get three weeks for that.
To be fair if he really got him flush do think he'd be holding his head lying on the ground? He'd be up wanting a piece of him.

That first VAR was bullshit. It the same argument we had about the city goal against MV or other way can't remember but we are not playing NFL anybody's offside should have no influence what so ever. The NRL is a mess with block runners.
When the fans reaction is one that says it wasn't right then they didn't over rule an obvious error in my mind. Certainly changed the game and effected Perth and as noted only CCM had scored twice against SFC all season

I want to see linesman hold off on calling tight offsides with VAR, if play continues and they were wrong it can be fixed but if they call it and are wring they are stopping a opportunity. I want to see a clear body width before they flag, it will make the game more open and give better flow yet you still have VAR for when goals were scored if they were offside

Danny didn't have a good game at all, should have been made to pay for that attempted flick kick. Been so solid all season but was dropping a few balls, was not a good game for him at all

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

To be fair if he really got him flush do think he'd be holding his head lying on the ground? He'd be up wanting a piece of him.

That first VAR was bullshit. It the same argument we had about the city goal against MV or other way can't remember but we are not playing NFL anybody's offside should have no influence what so ever.

It's nothing like that one at all, not even close. This was a case where a player in an offside position directly, physically interfered with an opponent by blocking his run. I am astounded that the VAR overruled that one.

Personally I still want to see AR's acting like the VAR isn't there - calling the tight ones and all (after all, how close it is has no bearing on how certain you are). They shouldn't be flagging if they're not certain, that simple.

I don't want to see the VAR being called for every time there's a goal incident. And by AR's not flagging for close offsides, you're going to lead to missed offsides leading to corner kicks leading to goals. I don't think that's the right approach.

I don't see the elbow from Reddy people are talking about - looked to me like he just smacked the ball out of his hand and the SFC player took a dive. Still needed a card for a combination of that and the late tackle on the goalscorer.

JoyfulPenguin

Can Archie Thompson ever stop being incredibly biased and can FOX even pretend to care about impartiality? We all know who they would prefer in the Grand Final and boy can they not help but show it.

Big Al

It's nothing like that one at all, not even close. This was a case where a player in an offside position directly, physically interfered with an opponent by blocking his run. I am astounded that the VAR overruled that one.

Personally I still want to see AR's acting like the VAR isn't there - calling the tight ones and all (after all, how close it is has no bearing on how certain you are). They shouldn't be flagging if they're not certain, that simple.

I don't want to see the VAR being called for every time there's a goal incident. And by AR's not flagging for close offsides, you're going to lead to missed offsides leading to corner kicks leading to goals. I don't think that's the right approach.

I don't see the elbow from Reddy people are talking about - looked to me like he just smacked the ball out of his hand and the SFC player took a dive. Still needed a card for a combination of that and the late tackle on the goalscorer.
Was more referring to a player being offside have an effect of any sort.

Also if they are going to make that change, I want the on field ref to make that decision. I think it should of been come have a look and the on field ref saying yep I agree change it or no I'm comfortable with that.
Having a second humans opinion is not a good idea. He should only be making black and white decisions like the offside call. I saw a Foxsports poll that was 400 odd to 300 odd for and against the decision. That's not an obvious error to me. It's only supposed to be the for obvious errors.

I can live with the goals off corners etc, the touchies are to often wrong and a corner conceded is also about your defence not exactly a direct result but I get your point. Just want a better flow

I'll see if I can find any video of Reddy but was hip and shoulder but you could see the arm cock at the last minute, was more no front on vision of any connection, which is another problem with the VAR as doesn't cover enough angles

Big Al

Big Blue grand final. That's pretty awesome.

Of course, I'm terrified at the thought of MV winning the GF......
Agree

MV were the way better team tonight. Not sure if Roar finally hit the wall or Victory just that much better, however Victory should have buried them.

Should be a good GF with lots of niggle and some physical encounters. Guaranteed sellout as well as Victory will bring a few fans you would think.

They both deserve it, where clearly the better teams.

Let the FFA ticket rip off begin

Pirate Pete

Agree

Let the FFA ticket rip off begin

I just deleted the email with the ticket info.
$59 for me and $35 for my son!
No thanks.

Hopefully it'll be a nice afternoon. Spend some time at the beach and then come home and watch it.
Stream it if it's not live on SBS.
I can't remember, is the final delayed an hour? It was but I'm can't remember if they changed it.

Last edited:

sydmariner

I just deleted the email with the ticket info.
$59 for me and $35 for my son!
No thanks.

Hopefully it'll be a nice afternoon. Spend some time at the beach and then come home and watch it.
Stream it if it's not live on SBS.
I can't remember, is the final delayed an hour? It was but I'm can't remember if they changed it.
It'll be live of fox & on a 1 our delay on sbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami