• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2010 Season - Where are you playing?

Ted

neverwozza said:
My fees are going to be aroung the $520 this year. We are lucky at Umina because you only pay for yourself and the 1st 2 kiddies and everyone else in the family is free. My brother in law up at Kanwal almost hit $800 last year.

Ya lucky mate, I tried to get the same thing at Killarney but to no avail. Alas i will struggle registering myself my 2 youngest boys and 2 youngest girls.. Not sure how im gonna afford it tbh.

neverwozza

woops - apparently Umina changed its policy this year and the 3rd child is discounted but not free anymore. Baked beans for another week.

dibo

Sym said:
whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy do fees cost so much ?

ground hire, equipment, administration, insurance, officials, FFA levies...

nobody's making any money out of it, you're paying what it costs.

neverwozza

The clubs don't make anything out of it apart from the occasional dodgy treasurer - however I'd love to know what happens to the bit that goes to CCF and FFA.

Ted

Most clubs rego fee pricing mean they run at a loss and either make up the shortfall through  game fees or canteen sales.

hasbeen

neverwozza said:
The clubs don't make anything out of it apart from the occasional dodgy treasurer - however I'd love to know what happens to the bit that goes to CCF and FFA.

Good point .. why are we still paying a FFA levy? Wasn't that a temporary bailout? (much like the 3x3 in NSW ...)

Paolo

dibo said:
Sym said:

Id be interested in the breakdown. The rego fees for Rugby League in particular are significantly lower then Football...and in rugby league the club pays the refs fees rather then the players and generall all socks,shorts, drink bottles, training shirts are provided. Could be that junior rugby league clubs seem much better at obtaining sponsorship.

Alicia

Paolo said:
dibo said:
Sym said:

Id be interested in the breakdown. The rego fees for Rugby League in particular are significantly lower then Football...and in rugby league the club pays the refs fees rather then the players and generall all socks,shorts, drink bottles, training shirts are provided. Could be that junior rugby league clubs seem much better at obtaining sponsorship.

I too would be interested to see a breakdown in fees.

It is quite expensive, and could turn people off registering.  I know I can't afford it at the moment, however at this stage i'm not sure if I will be playing this season due to injury.

I'm holding off till the extreme last cut off for rego, which means i'll miss out on the $30 discount if I do play.

dibo

Paolo said:
dibo said:
Sym said:

The NRL funnels vast sums from TV rights etc. down to a relatively small player base, while the FFA has both less money and more players. They also big costs in terms of sending our national teams all over the place, paying for their coaching and development, subsidising the NYL and W-Leagues...

Gopher of Pern

I know that a large chunk (60-70%) is insurance. But that is just me recalling a pie graph from rego last year. I'm sure if you ask, they will tell you.

neverwozza

dibo said:
Paolo said:
dibo said:
Sym said:

The NRL funnels vast sums from TV rights etc. down to a relatively small player base, while the FFA has both less money and more players. They also big costs in terms of sending our national teams all over the place, paying for their coaching and development, subsidising the NYL and W-Leagues...

Don't forget the one armed bandits. I played 13 seasons for the Guildford Owls from the ages 7-19 and got a free strip every year and didn't pay a cent for rego - all funded by the local gambling addicts.

masmariner

neverwozza said:

Is there still a pluim park levy of $20 per year per player. ? Also there was a special levy for last year of $20 per player as well wasnt there. ?

hasbeen

masmariner said:
neverwozza said:

s there still a pluim park levy of $20 per year per player. ? Also there was a special levy for last year of $20 per player as well wasnt there. ?

yes to pay of the "Keech era" ... should be the final year this year.

as for the CCF levy v. the amounts paid by RL and Union (and especially AFL) .. their funding is top down .. senior fund junior ... we are right royally shafted ... 

The Smart one

The Pluim park levy helps to pay for nets and goalposts which the mariners can not afford also the occasional rag tatty corner flag. 

Ranyen

Playing for Tuggerah again. Our rego is $330. I think I paid $280 or $310 last year, can't really remember. But this year we get free shorts. We also don't have to bring money each week, that's included in the rego. Also, I don't know whether we are staying in WAA5s, or moving up.

hilly1981

Opting to sit out the 2010 season. The boys want me to come back for another season with Doyalson but I am leaning towards just having the year off to do other things.

Played plenty of football in 2009 playing all 21 games + trials, as well as up to 3 games of indoor/6 a side during each week. Once indoor and 6 a side wraps up in early March thatll do me for the rest of the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred