• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2008 C.C Lightning 1st's & U20's WSL

FFC Mariner

1-1 against Mt Druitt on Saturday night.

Very tight game and a draw was probably a reasonably fair result IMHO.

0-0 at HT, Porter scored a tap in mid way through the 2nd half after a brilliant piece of work by Lobb(??). Sadly, a late goal after allowing a free header in the last 5 mins.

Wardy came off in the 2nd half with what looked like a nasty thigh injury - he was outstanding in the 1st half. His replacement made 1 brilliant save but was given no chance with the goal.

McAndrew was less worse than previously but still looks massively unfit and seems to insist on taking free kicks etc when his delivery isnt the best (to say the least). Caught out of position time after time as per Tuesday night too.

Crowd - negligable. Weather - freezing

TONIGHT...

Sydney Uni VS Central Coast Lightning
@ Uni Oval No. 1        7:30pm K.O

** Entry is FREE **

Going to head down to the Uni after work cause its close to my house, havent seen either team play and have heard some alright things about both. Anybody else heading down there to watch? Don't Lightning have a couple of the Mariners playing for them, so I've heard from people who have seen them play?

Anybody going to the game at Pluim tomorrow night? Im on the coast for work over the weekend and was just wondering how many people go to the games there. Seens though I went to the game at Uni last week and I enjoyed it, Im going to attend this one, theres nothing much else to do up there, or not that I know of.

FFC Mariner

No, you are quite right. Apart from Lightning games there is nothing happening up here.

When it gets dark we just put the sheep in the barn and settle down for some whittling.

FFC Mariner

7:30 usually and it can cost between $0 and $10 depending on who is on the gate (I kid u not)

Will freeze ur ass off as Pluim has its own ecosystem that is linked to the S Pole.

Crowd is usually a few 100 hardy souls.

I'm likely to be going

FFC Mariner

Proper stadium is stretching it a bit...........

Run down, shit hole but there are sort of stands on the sidelines.

The Assn has no money and it shows

FFC Mariner

2-1 win against Uni.

Brady Smith show really.

The kid is going to be something very special. Easily the best player out there. Pace to burn,fabulous close control, very quick feet and good shot.

Puts himself about a bit too. Nice bit of mongrel in him.

Mariner Watch:

Matty S in the stands

Ex Mariner watch:

Trotty was in goal and to be fair to the bloke made 2 unbelievably good saves, one early in the game was quite brilliant. Then proceeded to hesitate every time a cross was played in........

McAndrew helped the cause no end by not playing.

U20's drew 2-2 I think

FFC Mariner

BTW, Smith scored both goals. 1 was a fantastic free kick from the edge of the box. Keeper didnt even move.

FFC Mariner

1-0 tonight against Fraser Park in probably the worst game I have seen for a very long time. FP kept 10 men behind the ball for 90 mins.

As far as my JD addled brain can recall, CCL had precisely no shots on target (or off) and only scored after a goalmouth scramble. Trotty allowed an open goal inthe wnd half (that they missed and that was about it)

Cold and crap really

B Smith never got he ball all night and might as well not turned up

marinermick

Greenpoleffc said:
1-0 tonight against Fraser Park in probably the worst game I have seen for a very long time. FP kept 10 men behind the ball for 90 mins.

As far as my JD addled brain can recall, CCL had precisely no shots on target (or off) and only scored after a goalmouth scramble. Trotty allowed an open goal inthe wnd half (that they missed and that was about it)

Cold and crap really

B Smith never got he ball all night and might as well not turned up

good result though as FB were coming fourth

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member