• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2008 C.C Lightning 1st's & U20's WSL

Paolo

tyson said:
I dunno if I can get to every home game, but Mum enjoys going and chatting with Neil Woodcocks parents. LOL.

As long as no one yells out any kebab shop or mobile phone shop calls to Bonnyrigg. Haha.
That was class....one of rudens many fine moments. Remember how 3 opposition supporters who came around near the canteen to wait for him, haha

tyson

Perm said the mobile phone one... and they ran over to the sideline saying 'Bonnyrigg is here!' so he ran into the office where Amber was.

I am pretty sure Rudan started the Wookiee chants. So he called us all racist... yet the only way  that would be racist was if he actual was Wookiee. lol.

dibo

tyson said:
Perm said the mobile phone one... and they ran over to the sideline saying 'Bonnyrigg is here!' so he ran into the office where Amber was.

I am pretty sure Rudan started the Wookiee chants. So he called us all racist... yet the only way  that would be racist was if he actual was Wookiee. lol.

in the same way as baiting black players by calling them monkeys is only racist if they *are* monkeys, i presume?

Bear

tyson said:

That would be me.

He was yelling out dibo, and litteraly sounded like a wookie, so I called him one..... at the exact same time as perm with his mobile phone shop dig. So when he blew up calling us racist, thats when I said its only racist if you are an actual wookie, as I thought he was calling me racist.

Anyway, ill be there anytime I can to cheer on skunk boy, chewbacha, or any other characters we happen to see at pluim

Paolo

hahaha,some good memories

It just makes it so much more fun because you get opposition players so close to you and are easily to abuse and get a reaction from

tyson

dibo said:
tyson said:

in the same way as baiting black players by calling them monkeys is only racist if they *are* monkeys, i presume?

yeh i guess that is kinda true. but humans are supposed to have come from monkeys, so its basically saying black people are behind the white people.

where as a wookie is just a fictional character, and it was purely based on the fact that the guy was tall and yelled like one.

Bear

"AHH, NO MATE, IM PRETTY SURE BONNYRIGG IS IN BONNYRIGG HEY" ;) god that was a fun game. f**ked if I can remember the score lol

Rowdy

ROUND 2: 5th APRIL 2008

Game on tomorrow nite, Saturday, our Lightning take on St George. The game is being played at Belmore Sports Ground, which is where NRL Bulldogs used to play  ???  Maybe 'The Chaser' guy's will be there trying to sell us fake knives, knuckle dusters, flares etc ala 'stunt'  ;D

Sydney Olympic (NSWPL) normally play out of this ground  ??? I assume St George are playing from here as I think their home ground's stadium is 'publicly condemned' due to being riddled with concrete cancer and is at risk of collapse, Kevrenor could possibly confirm/shed some light on this.

So,
U20's kick-off at 5:00pm
1st's kick-off at 7:30pm

I'm heading down to watch both games, so if any one would like to tag along/get a lift, pm b4 1pm 2morrow or ring me if u have my number  ;)

kevrenor

Rowdy said:
Sydney Olympic (NSWPL) normally play out of this ground  ??? I assume St George are playing from here as I think their home ground's stadium is 'publicly condemned' due to being riddled with concrete cancer and is at risk of collapse, Kevrenor could possibly confirm/shed some light on this.

Correct Rowdy!  They moved to Belmore this year on a very good deal.  Barton Park/St George Stadium will be redeveloped - another footaball ground lost!  Sydney FC were interested but will now go to ES Marks, while any new western Sydney team will use the new FNSW development at Schofields once Parklea is sold.

Omni

SCHOFIELDS! How's that for middle of nowhere, that's quite some distance from any Western Sydney team's home ground!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
MrsRecky, myself and Herbs the wonder keeper,went to pluim to watch the lightning when they played bossy-liverpool the other week and there was no entry fee to Pluim, so why did they try to slug us $ 10 a head this avo?????? shite ya only pay $15 to see the mariners run around

FFC Mariner

You got off light - I got done $10 when they played Bossy as well as to watch the complete shite they served up tonight.

Missed the U20's, they got done 0-4 so no idea what happened there???

Seniors were pretty woeful, created plenty of chances but some of the finishing made you yearn for a certain tall blonde guy to make them look good.

Woody played well, Cooper and a few of the other not too bad and Porter tries his guts out.

Defence = shambles TBH and they dont look v fit. Was 1-3 when I left and 2 late goals again seems to indicate that they arent as fit/strong as the other sides.

For your $10 (2/3 of the cost of an HAL GA ticket mind you) they cant even be arsed to print off a team sheet

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
zactly, all ya get is those wooden tiers with extreme splinter in arse potential (the stand usually is fullish of visitors friends and famly), but your right GP a team sheet would be good, mind you that brings the cost to about a nominal $2 or 3 a head...tha lady on the gate said the money goes back to the association, well just maybe the friggin association need to upgrade there "showpiece" ground....mind you the air conditioned two tier shed thay barely announce anything from is bonza

Bear

Great 8-1 thumping for lightning last night. Ty Owens got a double, 1 was a tap in, the other a 25yard screamer that went straight at the keeper, who tried to stop it with his foot, bang, straight in the net lol

And another chapter for the "razzle dazzle stand" was their keeper who came off at half time, didnt like our sledging, spat at us, and did the usual "ill be back for u dickhead, ohmygod" rubbish lol

kevrenor

Bearinator said:
Great 8-1 thumping by lightning last night.......

This was in the Tiger Turf KO Cup

Next game - date to be fixed - CC Lightning vs Hills United (Div 1) at Pluim

Our out of district feeder club Spirit FC at home (Christie) on Tuesday May 6 at 7:30pm to Hawkesbury City

That is where I will be - care to join me Ursus and others?

Both should go through!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred