• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2008 C.C Lightning 1st's & U20's WSL

Rowdy

Round 1 kicks off tonite at Pluim Park, we are up against FC Bossy from Liverpool

U20's @ 5:30pm
1st's @ 7:30pm,

I have been advised that despite the Football NSW website stating the above kick-off times, they may actually start at 30 mins before these listed times respectively.

Will be great to see how many times a Central Coast Lightning striker can 'strike' in the first round of this years comp.  :p

Here's to a good season.  :)

FFC Mariner

Early season so not a time to get too worried.................

1-2 loss to FC Bossy

To be fair, the scoreline flattered the Lightning despite playing 10 men for nearly 70 mins.

Porter looked sharp,Ty Owens came on late but looks a v good prospect

Bout it really.

FC Bossy were stronger, fitter, faster and better organised. A v good side IMHO. Their no 10 was quite excellent.

tyson

U20s killed it. They were so sharp, flowing and creative...they were like a low level Arsenal.

I disagree about Ty Owens. While I can't really judge off one game (which is pretty much what everyone else was judging him off and saying we should sign him), he was getting really easily pushed off the ball. Wasn't exactly on long enough to do much, but he had a nice touch on the ball.

Porter is easily a class above that stuff. All those who have their doubts are fools and should go watch him at Pluim Park.

tyson

Greenpoleffc said:
Looked like someone who hadnt played for ages. Will take him 3 or 4 games to get any sharpness back

agreed. gave away a lot of possession.

Rowdy

As GP mentioned , Lightning should have done much better against Liverpool, who had only 10 men on the pitch for 2/3rd's of the game.

Bossy FC's 1st goal came from a free kick just outside the 18 on the rhs, CCL had a poorly prepared wall and the low hard drive easily deflected thru it making it hard for keeper Troy Ward to spot it let alone save it.

Bossy's next goal came not long after. Resultant from what appeared to be a miss communication between the Lightning players, Wardy giving a short ball out from the box, right in front, and the Liverpool player swooped in took a touch and banged home their 2nd.

I missed seeing Woody's goal for Lightning in extra time thanks to Jimmy saying 'see ya later' as he was leaving, thanks Jimmy  ;).

Summing up, a very fast, frenetic first half which was backed up by the red card given to the Liverpool player as well as Jamie Lobb copping an elbow to the nose giving him a bleeder on the sideline for a good 5 mins, this subdued him a little/recovering for the remainder of the first half. But he turned it around in the second half with the speedy runs down the right and the quality balls in to the box which was reminiscent of the good form he showed last season.

Likewise Brad 'Chicken' Porter on the opposite rhs. Last year he played as a more central midfielder, controlling tempo and direction from the middle of the park and was very effective. Those that have only seen him play for the Mariners have witnessed him mostly at RB, which is not his preferred position and some on here have been very critical of those performances. Well if you one of those then get yourself along to a Lightning game this year to see what he's really capable of.

Chicken played as an attacking RM in behind a striker and his pace was unbelievable, I didn't realise he was this quick. Showed good controlled aggression both on and off the ball and quality crosses which we have seen from him at the Mariners.

It's only round 1 and I think that with the range of quality players in the U20's side as well, Lightning should be more than capable of making it thru to a final spot this season.  :thumbup:

Jimmy

Rowdy said:
I missed seeing Woody's goal for Lightning in extra time thanks to Jimmy saying 'see ya later' as he was leaving, thanks Jimmy  ;).

Sorry about that mate ;D

tyson

extremely long range cross to woody on the backpost... headed it past the keeper from the 6yard box with ease.

it was a really good goal.

tyson

marinersman said:
Fantastic match reports Rowdy.

A million times better than some HAL reports we are subjected to.

you mean the sydney and melbourne reports?
lol.

marinersman

tyson said:
marinersman said:
Fantastic match reports Rowdy.

A million times better than some HAL reports we are subjected to.

you mean the sydney and melbourne reports?
lol.

I do Tyson, also the Adelaide Advertiser and Courier Mail are very biased. But I guess most local papers are.

The amount of times I read and News Ltd paper game report and think "you weren't watching the same game I was" is unbelievable.

pjennings

Thanks Rowdy - I'm one of those that don't like Smitta at RB. I thought he looked ok in midfield for the Mariners with his very limited chances there.

I watched him last year for Lightning and he was very good. Having said that Trotty looked pretty good for Lightning last year and seemed to command his box pretty well too. Maybe Trotty just needs a bit of confidence to make the next step. 

tyson

We should all get back together in the Razzle Dazzle stand at home games like old times.

For those new guys, it is the closest of the three smaller stands to the carpark.
We used to bag the crap out of the opposition... just like at Mariners, only this time they can hear it and they often get the shits.

Jimmy

tyson said:
We should all get back together in the Razzle Dazzle stand at home games like old times.

For those new guys, it is the closest of the three smaller stands to the carpark.
We used to bag the crap out of the opposition... just like at Mariners, only this time they can hear it and they often get the shits.

I'm In!

tyson

I dunno if I can get to every home game, but Mum enjoys going and chatting with Neil Woodcocks parents. LOL.

As long as no one yells out any kebab shop or mobile phone shop calls to Bonnyrigg. Haha.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred