• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2008 C.C Lightning 1st's & U20's WSL

Jimmy

No Razzel Dazzel Stand tonight by the looks of it.
Can you imagine what playing on that pitch in it's current state would be like?

http://www.footballnsw.com.au/index.php?id=108

Bear

What it says on your link in very misleading greenpole, I look at this part in the main story "11's - 9:00am 12's - 10:00am" and this part at the bottom "Times: 09:00 AM to 11:00 AM" and I take that to mean that the park is closed from 9am untill 11am only?

pjennings

Bearinator said:
What it says on your link in very misleading greenpole, I look at this part in the main story "11's - 9:00am 12's - 10:00am" and this part at the bottom "Times: 09:00 AM to 11:00 AM" and I take that to mean that the park is closed from 9am untill 11am only?

GAME - CC Lightning Vs PCYC Parramatta
26 Apr 2008 - 28 Apr 2008

Scroll across to the next events.

Central Coast Lightning Senior Men play at Home to PCYC Parramatta on the 26th April 2008 for the 5th Fixture in the State Super League... 20's - 5:00pm 1st - 7:30pm NB: Due to seasonal rainfall, Pluim Park is unplayable and these games are CANCELLED.

nikko

Suspended
keensy said:
hahaha,some good memories

It just makes it so much more fun because you get opposition players so close to you and are easily to abuse and get a reaction from
Do you think that is wise? someone might throw a punch your way champ and you will have a cry to your mum

kanewillow

but the after the cryin to mummy u have the legal suite and the plessure of seeing how long the player gets suspended for and i dnt think any player could be so retarted we are playing team from sydney not newcastle

Paolo

nikko said:
keensy said:
hahaha,some good memories

It just makes it so much more fun because you get opposition players so close to you and are easily to abuse and get a reaction from
Do you think that is wise? someone might throw a punch your way champ and you will have a cry to your mum
hahah then that player has a big law suit on his hands plus the people which jump him for doing it, i see no issue here. If a player cant take the banter from the stands he should not be playing the sport

wardy

another dissapointing loss last night to fraser park. 3-0. Hope we can turn things around on thursday night. I beleive we have a tiger turf game on then.

marinermick

lightning lost to hills united in extra time tonight 2-1

lightning played crap but their keeper was awesome and a screamer in extra time was the difference

Aden

Yerp if the game was looked at on how many chances in front of goal there were  lightning  should have  demolished them but as mick said there keeper was  something else.  simply outstanding he was. On that performance a much better keeper then trotty .  However  i counted  at least 7/8 chances cleared off the line  aswell  but as we all know its not the team who has the chances  who win but the ones who can take avantage of those chances.

Ian McAndrew (a good mate of mine)  i must say did not have his best  game nor nowhere near as good as i know he can play . Something just looks like its lacking with his game. i donno if he has beefed up  with gettin on the  p*** too much  or its just he is not match fit but  besides the few good balls he put through he looked like he was struggling to keep up , to run ,  he just looked tired and definately not the Ian McAndrew many of us know. He played left back tonight and about half way through the second half  Coach John Mclafferty  even asked  if he wanted to be subbed as it was noticable  he was just buggered.  I think this however is good for Ian playin in the off season at least he is on the pitch and  not just trainin for over a year with no game time and come season he should  shine hopefully for the Under 21 Mariners.

Also just to mention a player who stood out , Xavier Forsberg . not only was i  impressed  but  a Mr Mckinna  sitting next to me was also.  Tall Centre back    nnumber 12 is anyone goes and watches them on  the weekend.  simply outstanding from thsi game and someone we ought to keep an eye out for .

and Brad porter a solid game  with crosses into the box looking good as ever

FFC Mariner

Thats a v nice description of McAndrew's game tonight. TBH I thought he WAS pissed.

Their keeper was outstanding.

Ours might feel he could have got across to their 2nd goal

Aden

Greenpoleffc said:
Thats a v nice description of McAndrew's game tonight. TBH I thought he WAS pissed.

Their keeper was outstanding.

Ours might feel he could have got across to their 2nd goal

Y  thank you  haha  but yeh definately not the normal Macca . somethings up ..  but i thought our keeper was average  pretty shiite actually but theres was  flippin outstanding

wardy

there keeper was outstanding on the night, i will be honest and say that wasnt one of my best games in goals but to go as far as to say i'm shite, yes i made a bad decision to kick across field early in the game but was an early rush of blood. i wasnt the only one to do so out of the backline or the rest of the team in that case. As a whole , we do very little shooting drills at training as it shows and we are the only team in our comp that doesnt have a keeper coach so with no or very little keeper work undr my belt week in week out i go out there and try to do my best under them conditions, im not saying that our coach doesnt want to do any of these things ie, shooting and keeper work but cc football wont allow anyone to train in goal mouths  so we cant. As far as there second goal, as it has been said it was a screamer, we gave him to much time on the ball just outside our box and he let fly with a cracker, i had two or three defenders right in front of me which was like a wall effect but obscured my view to the ball, by the time i saw it, it was to late. I dont mind a bit of critisism when due but please dont take anything away from the bloke who scored, maybe i might of got to it if i saw it a second earlier but that would be speculating, it was a great goal. 

marinermick

wardy said:
there keeper was outstanding on the night, i will be honest and say that wasnt one of my best games in goals but to go as far as to say i'm shite, yes i made a bad decision to kick across field early in the game but was an early rush of blood. i wasnt the only one to do so out of the backline or the rest of the team in that case. As a whole , we do very little shooting drills at training as it shows and we are the only team in our comp that doesnt have a keeper coach so with no or very little keeper work undr my belt week in week out i go out there and try to do my best under them conditions, im not saying that our coach doesnt want to do any of these things ie, shooting and keeper work but cc football wont allow anyone to train in goal mouths  so we cant. As far as there second goal, as it has been said it was a screamer, we gave him to much time on the ball just outside our box and he let fly with a cracker, i had two or three defenders right in front of me which was like a wall effect but obscured my view to the ball, by the time i saw it, it was to late. I dont mind a bit of critisism when due but please dont take anything away from the bloke who scored, maybe i might of got to it if i saw it a second earlier but that would be speculating, it was a great goal. 

thanks wardy - you're comments about training certainly puts things in persepctive

hope you don't get in the shit with your coach by mentioning them

tbh, the goals were not your fault - the first was a lack of marking by your defenders and the second a screamer

one very small bit advice from someone who has played keeper at a high level - there were a couple of times you were caught off your toes

don't take it the wrong way, and i know it would have been difficult to maintain concentration when the ball was at the other end for so long, but something small to work on

wardy

thanks marinermick, definately advice i will take on board, i hope i dont get in shit for mentioning it but im not having a shot at the coach but the conditions we as a team and a coach are being faced with, we have had to train at killarney vale afl field with poor lighting, very uneven surface, and no goalposts, yes we are semi pro and should deal with it but it makes it very hard. the way im playing is the way the team wants to play with myself being used as a second sweeper, sometimes this will come to haunt us and times it will work for us.Hope we can still get a few of you to games to keep us going. when in tough times all the support you can muster always helps, keep turning up guys cause hopefully it can only get better. ( surely it cant get worse).

Aden

wardy i have to admit second goal u could do nothing about and  it is quiet obvious there is not much  shooting training done and thats not ur fault as ur team had  more then three times the chances they did  but just could not finish them off

FFC Mariner

The main issue with the 2nd goal was no one closing down when the ball was originally cleared. At that point, their guy was given the space to hit that shot.

Game should have been over by then anyway with the number of chances missed earlier by Lightning.

always next week

Bear

Not really Greenpole, it was a knock-out comp  ;D ;)

Practice makes perfect Wardy, keep training hard, and the results will come. Ill second what Mick said, from also being a keeper, keep on your toes, and SCREAM at those defenders to tell them what to do, safety 1st. I know it must be hard without Steely there, he is a rock.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred