• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2008 C.C Lightning 1st's & U20's WSL

headcase

Wardy - bad luck in the game - you certainly weren't to blame for the loss from my observations. Comments about the training conditions are a fair call but direct your criticism in the right direction. The grounds keeper won't allow training in the goal mouths on any field - and if anyone from Lightning or CCF wants to puch otherwise he walks away and they're left with no to look after the fields.
Maybe if the first grade coach hadn't put on such a turn you would be training on Leagues Club Park when it was offered to the team - complete with decent floodlighting, goals you can train in, even if they do have dual posts, and a reasonable surface. Lets be honest - no ones going to train on anything resembling a top pitch - even Jubilee isn't that great but its the best available that the Mariners can train on when not on Bluetongue. Instead some of the Lightning and Thunder junior teams are training there but only because the seniors turned it down.
Just like they refuse to employ the goalkeeper coach who is paid by CCF to coach all of the Lightning junior keepers. Maybe McLafferty should ask him - or do the Lightning seniors not think that a coach who is good enough to replace John Crawley at the Mariners when he was overseas, good enough to be used by Football NSW for their State team keepers and good enough to be used by some of our younger international squads, is up to their level. Again Wardy - this isn't directed at you just your coaching staff.

FFC Mariner

5-1 victory for the Lightning tonight against Fairfield.

In reality, was the Brad Porter show. He was abso-f**king-lutely outstanding.

I missed the first 5 mins and when I got into the ground, Lightning were 1 down and I thought, here we go again.

10 mins later, freekick on the edge of the box and Porter curled in one that Beckham would have been proud of.

2-1 thanks to Woody after a defensive blunder.

2nd half they ran away with it capped off by Porter running through their entire midfield, beating about 3 blokes and the keeper had to parry his shot to one of the subs who tapped in.

McAndrew came on with about 10 mins left but even he wasnt able to let Fairfield back into it. He instantly looked the most tired player on the pitch too.

Wardy was very solid, made a few crucial saves and one in the 1st half was excellent.

Aden

headcase said:
Wardy - bad luck in the game - you certainly weren't to blame for the loss from my observations. Comments about the training conditions are a fair call but direct your criticism in the right direction. The grounds keeper won't allow training in the goal mouths on any field - and if anyone from Lightning or CCF wants to puch otherwise he walks away and they're left with no to look after the fields.
Maybe if the first grade coach hadn't put on such a turn you would be training on Leagues Club Park when it was offered to the team - complete with decent floodlighting, goals you can train in, even if they do have dual posts, and a reasonable surface. Lets be honest - no ones going to train on anything resembling a top pitch - even Jubilee isn't that great but its the best available that the Mariners can train on when not on Bluetongue. Instead some of the Lightning and Thunder junior teams are training there but only because the seniors turned it down.
Just like they refuse to employ the goalkeeper coach who is paid by CCF to coach all of the Lightning junior keepers. Maybe McLafferty should ask him - or do the Lightning seniors not think that a coach who is good enough to replace John Crawley at the Mariners when he was overseas, good enough to be used by Football NSW for their State team keepers and good enough to be used by some of our younger international squads, is up to their level. Again Wardy - this isn't directed at you just your coaching staff.

OHH HELL NO i hope u aint  havin a digg at john mclafferty.  u should take a look at his credentials made before u have a dig at him and hs coaching staff

Aden

Also about tonights game... BRAD PORTER  SIMPLY  F****** Magnificant. Totally stood a class above everyone else. Mcandrew yeh  sort of looked tired but i still put  my faith in him  as his a mate and also  he  looked a lot better in the  15-20 mins tonight then he did  the whole game on thursday so maybe its  just a matter of how many games he plays. Also he has  something wrong with his shins  he was telling me and when he runs they  become sore so may explain a little bit but  still not Ian at his peak  or no where near.  To Wardy a  much better performance in goals tonight then thursday and i know i came down harsh with my comments on thursday but to be honest looked a lot sharper tonight .  A Few nail biting moments but  a top draw save in the first half  and  many good ones in the second so good game .

Ummm And congradulations to John Mclafferty for his first win . I Still put  my trust in John and i think everyone else should too  because  you only have to look and see everwhere he has been he has delivered somthing or takin the club to new heights and these last few games of losses is just somthing all managers go through and im sure the lighning team will get out of it  soon .

kevrenor

STATS
SUPER LEAGUE: ROUND 7:
FIRST GRADE: Central Coast Lightning 5 (B Porter 13m, N Woodcock 26/63m, J Lobb 48m, K Crum 87m) - Fairfield City Lions 1 (J Issa 1m)
GRADE 20: Central Coast Lightning 6 - Fairfield City Lions 0

Bear

Aden said:
Ummm And congradulations to John Mclafferty for his first win . I Still put  my trust in John and i think everyone else should too 

I dont think anyone on here said they didnt mate

Jimmy

Reserves are playing this Wednesday night at 7-30
and 1sts are on Thursday at 7-30.
It's the catchup games from the washout round a couple of weeks back.

marinermick

Jimmydinho said:
Reserves are playing this Wednesday night at 7-30
and 1sts are on Thursday at 7-30.
It's the catchup games from the washout round a couple of weeks back.

might be up for this one as well

brett

I went to the game on Saturday night, my first Lightning game this season. Has that team been losing? I thought they were brill.

Porter - all class. You can see he is training with a professional team all week.

McAndrew looked uncomfortable just warming up in front of the RD stand. Shin splints like Aden said?

dwight

How much was it to get into the game on saturday night the weekend was it free ?, I've heard it was $10 but was that for parking. ?

Jimmy

Just got word that the two games for tonight and tomorrow night have been cancelled, or postboned again.
Don't know how much truth is in it.
Anyone else got any info?
I will post official info as soon as I have it.

Bear

Jimmydinho said:
Just got word that the two games for tonight and tomorrow night have been cancelled, or postboned again.
Don't know how much truth is in it.
Anyone else got any info?
I will post official info as soon as I have it.

It rained for 3 minutes today, surely cant be off can it?

Aden

No the reason It is off  from what i hear is that  Parramatta the team they suppose to be playin are still involved in another cup  which is ont he same night or sumthing so a clash of fixtures

wardy

your right guys, games have been cancelled due to parramatta are still in the tiger turf and they played on tuesday night and thought that it was to close together for them.Game at rockdale this weekend, another tough encounter but we are up for it. hope to see a few there , if not , we will see you on tuesday. have a good weekend and best of luck to you all this weekend for your up-coming fixtures.

wardy

sunday winter super league, central coast 1 v rockdale 0. Very tight game with very few opportunities for either side to score with the winner coming in the 88th minute. Very good team effort overall with neil woodcock being the workhorse up front chasing everything down. Defence was rock solid, midfield held shape well, very happy with the effort the boys put in and with the result as we havent beaten rockdale before. Tony was the goalscorer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred