• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The end is nigh - impending doom - Moss out etc thread

the end is nigh and Moss is to blame

• yes

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • no

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • fence

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

Roy Law

Just posted this is the match discussion section but it is probably just as pertinent here.

He was also recently talking to a fox sports presenter who has a son playing for us and they were saying that the word is that we will be very lucky to be in existence in 2 years time and that if we don't do well this year the grim reaper may be even closer!
That old word, still doing the rounds after ten years...

MrCelery

Speaking of rosy, I was watching Rosey to see how many times he stepped over the half way line. I may have been inattentive (asleep) but I counted just once. Gone are the days of rampaging overlapping fullbacks. :(

Jaundice

Mark Rudan has been spotted at the last couple of home games either checking out players or Coaching position?

Possibly Moss's problems start with the fact that every player that he coaches has played at a higher level than himself.

Possibly, But I did see him at the fan day and have seen him around the traps every now and then for the last few years now.

shipwreck

Hmm that's a good point but shouldn't hold back a great manager fergie, hiddink, mourinho all average players.

If you don't have the personality or ego to overcome that however, can be easy to lose the confidence of the olayers

nearlyyellow

.. Possibly Moss's problems start with the fact that every player that he coaches has played at a higher level than himself.
I don't know whether this should be entirely relevant at this level of sport. Witness, John Buchanan reigning over what is probably the most successful period in Australian cricket. Why should Football be different?

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I see someone on Facebook replied after a long time mariner fan said "is Malvey free, bring him in", they said "why would we want someone else's reject"....clearly one of those vastly intelligent fans that couldn't find blue tongue...even with the appropriate app

MagpieMariner

I don't know whether this should be entirely relevant at this level of sport. Witness, John Buchanan reigning over what is probably the most successful period in Australian cricket. Why should Football be different?
All sports are the same, a good player doesn't necessarily make a good coach and vice-versa. As an example, of all the top AFL coaches who've plied their trade during my life-time (so far, hopefully my life-time still has a way to go :) ), only 2 have also been champion players. The majority have been average to good players.

Capt. Awesome

Interesting stuff from Charlsworth here. I've highlighted a few points that stood out to me.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/11/25/moss-gets-mariners-owners-backing

Moss has been on shaky ground after presiding over just one win in seven rounds as the misfiring 2013 champion languishes in seventh spot on just five points and with the competition's worst attack.

Whispers of dressing room disharmony over the coach's methods appeared to take on some substance when skipper John Hutchinson vented his anger at Moss after being substituted during Sunday’s 2-0 home loss to Adelaide United.

However, unlike the trigger happy approach of Brisbane Roar chiefs in sacking Mulvey, Charlesworth is backing Moss to the hilt and said: “Things are under control and we need to give Phil Moss our full support and backing.

“We want to see things through and give him all he needs to get the job done to the best of his ability.

“Right now, we are perhaps sacrificing results for the long term benefit and growth of the club.

“There may be a bit of flak flying around about that – but it’s about trying to build team for the long term.”

However, Charlesworth admitted that four defeats from seven games was cause for some consternation.

“Of course, to be blunt, it is a concern that we are losing and it doesn’t help matters. It’s not something we are used to,” said Charlesworth.

“But, at the same time, it doesn’t surprise me that we are not picking up as many points as we’d like.

"We are a club in transition both on and off the field."

Moss, who took charge in January after the departure of long-time mentor Graham Arnold, has just a single win to his credit so far this season - the 1-0 operning round victory over the ninth-placed Jets.

“There have been a few issues such as some of the visa players not working out as we’d hoped but kids like Micky Neill are coming through and that’s very encouraging," declared Charlesworth.

“Players like him are our future and what we are basing the team on looking forward. Mossy knows that.”

On club stalwart Hutchinson appearing to aim some angry words at Moss after being replaced at the weekend, Charlesworth said: “In general terms the players should be upset.

“Any team that has been used to winning like us and that is now going through a bad patch will have experienced players who are displeased with things – you expect that.

“We are playing a different of style under Mossy. We are trying to be more creative – more of a skilful, possession-based game and perhaps less direct than in the past.

“It will take a while to bear fruit – it took a while last season for Adelaide under Josep Gombau to put results together and we may experience the same thing.”

nearlyyellow

Interesting stuff from Charlsworth here. I've highlighted a few points that stood out to me.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/11/25/moss-gets-mariners-owners-backing

Moss has been on shaky ground after presiding over just one win in seven rounds as the misfiring 2013 champion languishes in seventh spot on just five points and with the competition's worst attack.

Whispers of dressing room disharmony over the coach's methods appeared to take on some substance when skipper John Hutchinson vented his anger at Moss after being substituted during Sunday’s 2-0 home loss to Adelaide United.

However, unlike the trigger happy approach of Brisbane Roar chiefs in sacking Mulvey, Charlesworth is backing Moss to the hilt and said: “Things are under control and we need to give Phil Moss our full support and backing.

“We want to see things through and give him all he needs to get the job done to the best of his ability.

“Right now, we are perhaps sacrificing results for the long term benefit and growth of the club.

“There may be a bit of flak flying around about that – but it’s about trying to build team for the long term.”

However, Charlesworth admitted that four defeats from seven games was cause for some consternation.

“Of course, to be blunt, it is a concern that we are losing and it doesn’t help matters. It’s not something we are used to,” said Charlesworth.

“But, at the same time, it doesn’t surprise me that we are not picking up as many points as we’d like.

"We are a club in transition both on and off the field."

Moss, who took charge in January after the departure of long-time mentor Graham Arnold, has just a single win to his credit so far this season - the 1-0 operning round victory over the ninth-placed Jets.

“There have been a few issues such as some of the visa players not working out as we’d hoped but kids like Micky Neill are coming through and that’s very encouraging," declared Charlesworth.

“Players like him are our future and what we are basing the team on looking forward. Mossy knows that.”

On club stalwart Hutchinson appearing to aim some angry words at Moss after being replaced at the weekend, Charlesworth said: “In general terms the players should be upset.

“Any team that has been used to winning like us and that is now going through a bad patch will have experienced players who are displeased with things – you expect that.

“We are playing a different of style under Mossy. We are trying to be more creative – more of a skilful, possession-based game and perhaps less direct than in the past.

“It will take a while to bear fruit – it took a while last season for Adelaide under Josep Gombau to put results together and we may experience the same thing.”
Maybe this will put to bed some of the rumour mongers and the doom and gloom merchants. I hope so! Time to support our football team, coach and all, and spread the word, We Are The Mariners, We Are Yellow and Navy, We Won't Be Beaten, We Will Be Back! :shoutclap:

Capt. Awesome

So I'm getting the picture that Moss is really trying to go exactly the way ADU did last year. Similar style. I was pretty peed off after Saturdays game but I think I've calmed down a little. Prepared to Moss a bit more time. Have a look at ADUs start to last season. Remember the roasting Gombau was getting from his fans and media? Looks very similar to us, don't it?

ADU 13-14.jpg

VicMariner

So I'm getting the picture that Moss is really trying to go exactly the way ADU did last year. Similar style. I was pretty peed off after Saturdays game but I think I've calmed down a little. Prepared to Moss a bit more time. Have a look at ADUs start to last season. Remember the roasting Gombau was getting from his fans and media? Looks very similar to us, don't it?
As I remember it, the fans had the "In Gombau we trust" banner and the negative media was just Val Migliaccio. (And John Kosmina to a lesser degree.)
The thing with Adelaide and Gombau was everybody knew what he was trying to build, the style etc. I don't follow AU but even I had an idea as to what they were working towards.
Mariners have not communicated their football direction or planned style nearly as well.

Capt. Awesome

As I remember it, the fans had the "In Gombau we trust" banner and the negative media was just Val Migliaccio. (And John Kosmina to a lesser degree.)
The thing with Adelaide and Gombau was everybody knew what he was trying to build, the style etc. I don't follow AU but even I had an idea as to what they were working towards.
Mariners have not communicated their football direction or planned style nearly as well.

Yes I agree with you there. It seems like Moss may have changed his plans or made his plans late in the preseason and that is why we suck so bad. I think Moss needs to lay out his plan instead of just dropping hints press conferences.

gull

Th

View attachment 186

The difference is that Moss doesn't have the pedigree of Gombau.

Using all our subs with nearly 30 minutes to go on the weekend shows panic to me, not a well orchestrated and carried out long term plan.

tsd

Speaking of rosy, I was watching Rosey to see how many times he stepped over the half way line. I may have been inattentive (asleep) but I counted just once. Gone are the days of rampaging overlapping fullbacks. :(
That would be because he was playing centre back

Gratis

it's been discussed before that Moss clearly has a plan and that it'll/it is taking a while to come together. it's why I'm so happy each time I see progression. you don't go from crap to great in one game you build it up, at least when establishing a new style. the turbulent signings have thrown a spanner in that we didn't need too and it takes time to come to the surface and then be addressed which does at least appear to be happening.

that said I'd rather not broadcast what we're trying to do to other teams/coaches. at least not until we're good at it and they can see it for themselves anyway

Wombat

View attachment 186

No....from my memory the fans fully supported him as they could see the potential. In fact I think they kept him in the job.
We are different as apart from rhetoric I see nothing to be excited about. And if we are talking about a very raw but clearly talented fullback ( who doesn't know how to defend yet) as the pinnacle of the Moss era thus far....then we are heading into dark times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred