• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2014 AFC Champions League

dibo

Further to my last, in the UEFA CL, each win is worth 1m Euro, so proportionally it'd be a bit like wins being worth $100k to us, draws being worth $50k and making it through to the round of 16 being about $350k.

We get USD40k for a win and USD20k for a draw. We get a $30k subsidy to travel away, totalling $90k (but each trip actually costs $75k apparently). You get a whole USD50k for qualifying for the round of 16 (but don't spend it all at once).

So imagine if the prizes were proportionally more similar to the UEFA CL and we had a run like last year.

Instead of the two wins, one draw and three away trips netting us
1 x USD0 (group stage qualification)
2 x USD40k (group stage wins) +
1 x USD20k (group stage draws)
4 x USD30k (travel subsidies)
1 x USD50k (round of 16 qualification)
---------------
Total = USD270K

We'd have had:
1 x $800k (group stage qualification)
2 x $100k (group stage wins) +
1 x $50k (group stage draws)
4 x $0 (travel subsidies)
1 x $350k (round of 16 qualification)
---------------
Total = $1.4m

Getting more than 5 times the prizemoney might raise the enthusiasm a little bit...

Roy Law

For argument's sake let's assume the Aussie dollar and the US dollar are at par: the travel in the group stage is $75k - $30k x 3; = $135k; if we win three home games we receive $120k plus a bonus of $50k = $170K. So the real cost is of staging the home games? While I think Charlesworth has a case to ask for more help from FFA I also think, if my arithmetic is correct, that front of shirt sponsorship can make a significant difference.

dibo

When you're scratching for sponsorship to break even, it's not something about which beancounters will be enthused.

Big Al

Also little snip it in the telegraph about still being involved with talks with Brookie redevelopment. It's all about the dollars which is the reality of it.

The problem is the timing of the tournament. Starts as the Asian leagues start but that coincides with ours finishing & then the June July International period ruins the tournament from an Aussie sides point of view in that the 1/4 finals are played later in the year when we aren't playing & potentially we'd have a different side.

It's also true the casual Mariners fans couldn't care less about the ACL & the kids need to be in bed or are at soccer training or karate or music lesson etc. It's made for TV only so let us play at Pluim.

Big Al

They certainly had quality but we had a chance or two & were playing rubbish then. They actually turned our season & belief around.

Lets get em

Wombat

I bought 7 tickets 9.30am this morning and there were quite a few people queuing. My pax was 2500 so we should crack 4k mark and in a half open BT that might be quite noisy.

COYY

VicMariner

Aussie teams are all flying in the ACL this year, let's keep it going!

I think we're a good chance against Seoul at home. COYY!!

yellowcake

We very much need the win here. Sanfrecce are likely to be tougher at home in the last game but if we can get 3 points tonight that will be good for at least 2nd, regardless of next week's result.

WSW probably should remain top of their group next week at home - so 2nd means we'd play them in the Round of 16. :piralaugh::pirashoot:

Tough for MV though. While they're all on 7 points, the breakdown shows they'll need all 3 points away at Ulsan next week to get through.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
school holidays...and, we aint going too foul in the tournament....could be a good crowd tonight to watch the boys BBQ some koreans....COYY

yellowcake

Getting a beer, saw some of the Fox halftime on the TV behind - what's with all the commentators wearing red ties tonight?!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred