• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2014 AFC Champions League

localpom

Will be glad to see the Wanderers win it. I have family and mates who support them so my life will be hell for a while with their gloating. With that in mind though i want the A league to become a dominant force in Asia, can only be good for football in this country.Once A league teams are consistently contesting these finals then that goes out of the window and i won't be as obliging!

nearlyyellow

Popovich preaching physicality? BS! More like cheat and win a penalty when you can. Come on, Crush them Al-Hilal! They don't represent Australian football.

pjennings

Will be glad to see the Wanderers win it. I have family and mates who support them so my life will be hell for a while with their gloating. With that in mind though i want the A league to become a dominant force in Asia, can only be good for football in this country.Once A league teams are consistently contesting these finals then that goes out of the window and i won't be as obliging!

I have wanted an Australian team to win it from the beginning. Now that its close I'm ambivalent. I still want A league teams to consistently making the semis and finals. However, a win by WSW will simply feed into the insular mainstream view that winning internationally is easy. It isn't in sports where all nations compete - especially when they is little impediment for all people in these nations to compete.

To put it another way. If Australia had qualified for WC98, would the NSL and its problems continued. We appreciate Nov 16 2005 because of the 32 years between the 74 World Cup and Germany 2006. We appreciate the GF win over WSW because of the 'trauma' of 3 previous GF loses. Do A League teams need to fight for ACL supremacy more so that not only football people but the mainstream recognise the achievement, and should that even be a consideration?

dibo

If Al Hilal don't come out all guns blazing in Riyadh I'll be enormously surprised. Could be 3-0 by HT. WSW were lucky that the very technical, very polished Al Hilal didn't tear them a new one last night.

Wombat

f**k off you Westies.

I have to work with these mugs 3 days a week. I couldn't stand it....come on you Saudis (I'm willing to overlook your disgusting human rights abuses).

true believer

f**k off you Westies.

I have to work with these mugs 3 days a week. I couldn't stand it....come on you Saudis (I'm willing to overlook your disgusting human rights abuses).
70% of the people that live here moved from the west .
wsw aren't melita eagles . but the crows were ok and are the base of wsw. the Italians support Sydney. so im cool with a wink at the westies.
ps I don't hold it against you that you support leeds

eenfish

If Al Hilal don't come out all guns blazing in Riyadh I'll be enormously surprised. Could be 3-0 by HT. WSW were lucky that the very technical, very polished Al Hilal didn't tear them a new one last night.

To be quite honest, isn't that the Wanderers MO this entire ACL campaign? They've fought some of the best teams in Asia and played dogged football and come out on top. Not a win for the purists but a win nonetheless.

nearlyyellow

My goodness, how biassed is the SMH reporting? 15 minutes ago there was a relatively unbiassed AAP report, now pulled and replaced by an unashamedly partisan report by Bossi extolling the efforts the poor little "suburban club from Sydney's Western Suburbs". Spare me, please!
Of course, this " win" by WSW will result in major Asian financial interest in CCM because gee, all Australian HAL teams must be fantastically good. :rolleyes:

Atomic

Well done to the Wanderers. They won that trophy fair and square.

They have set the bar. It's up to us to raise it, not lower it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred