• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2014 AFC Champions League

Wombat

Hey Syd.

That wasn't you in Bay 16 in the Pink ACL strip and Sun visor having a party on your own, was it?

Wombat

Gratis

If you're referring to the hand of rose he was looking the other way trying to find the ball so clearly not intentional and therefore no pen... If another one I didn't see it :innocent:
that's the one, I saw it the same way but have seen them given

midfielder

Oh what a night .... Reddy like what a game ... and Kim is starting to click with the side ...

Reddy first save must be up there for save of the year...

The band what a night and the guy who was calling who do we sing for ... OMG his gave it his all his voice was almost gone by games end ... well done mate...

kevrenor

On another note, Cernak isn't really up to the level. Looks like he has some creativity, but just not technically all there. Did give a lot tonight, though, can't be faulted for that.

Totally disagree. I don't know what you were seeing on TV but live he was pulling them every way, esp. first half, and I had him MOM until:
a) he was subbed, b) Reddy pulled off two saves.

Last edited:

true believer

. i have to disagree (especially for the acl) ... i was secretly hoping they would come over to the eastern side ... so a great surprise. i think it worked well - very well

. i'd actually be interested to know how well the sound carried across to the west - being uni-directional and HAVING A ROOF must have helped enormously. i wouldn't say no to it becoming a permanent mid-term thing ... longer term: with 12k+ average and 60+% of the crowd on both sides singing most chants it won't matter where you are

I hope the people in the stand were as happy to have the band behind their heads for 108 minutes.
they didn't sit in active support .
as for the sound I imagine that on the west side it was good . but in the lower tear there could well have been an acoustic
shadow .
it's horses for courses

kevrenor

The Ref looked as bent as a Banana.

He was quite good in fact, if pedantic (an Asian Kris Griffiths Jones). The assistant on the west who missed the clear off-side leading up the pen, wasn't on that one (though give him credit, he pinged them quite a bit correctly earlier).

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
WELL..how about that, I'm always quietly confident we will give the ACL a shake, but top of the group even stuns me....Reddy the Monolith of the Mariners..what a HUGE game....Cernak = Seeya, Fitzy was a bit quiet, Monty was sloppy, very unlike him...Rostyns brother should give back Zwaanjes shirt, he hasn't near earned it...Zac done alright as did Rosey, his heading of the ball over the line near our goal was brilliant....Hutcho, Stormy, Bernie and Kim were giving it some..Dooks tried hard....and as for the Dutch farmer ...my cousin in Maastricht twitted me after the game and sang Marcel's praises...not something I thought I'd hear from that Venlo hating rellie of mine...someone said Seip needs a challenge, I agree, with 2 games to go, give him 20 minutes next to Monty or Kim and see what happens...The Leferlee was a knob, the liney on the western side had a firm grasp of the offside rule....Beijing done nothing for me, their fans did get a bit rowdy, it was good to see more than a couple of dozen away fans ...as for our fans, who knew 3000 people could make that much racket...methinks the over hanging roof made the Army and The Brasstards a couple of notches louder for certain...

NOW...for the rest of the tournament and the remaining HAL, all I ask is that the team need to stop second guessing themselves and SHOOT

LIAMWALL_zpsba7f6c2c.jpg

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
indeed that dude was having a deadset hoot ..a veritable one man Yellow Army....hope he didnt take being left in the Bay on his pat personally

Big Al

Missed the game but was following as closely as a shit blog (not this one - could give)

Brilliant result - The changing of the back four was pure rotation to get some rest in Bosnar & Roux - Also giving Zac an early shower.

Moss reckons Seip is one of our better finishers - Shit that's worrying but when you hit em like that you can't argue.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1185637/Seip-strikes-as-Mariners-stun-Beijing

The coach also lauded Seip's performance saying he wasn't surprised to see him score.

"Marcel's one of our better finishers believe it or not even though he's a defender," he said.

"When he does get a chance to join in the shooting sessions at training he usually hits the target.

"The technique involved in that volley was fantastic."

kevrenor

I won't rate all of our players, but as I saw things quite differently from some others on here, I'll say:

I was encouraged by Griffiths and Cernak, and even Seip without his goal (which was lovely technique).

I thought Monty and Zac had shockers - every time they got the ball you could audibly hear the intact of air in the crowd around me, with the risk of losing possession .. and they often did ... very relieved when Storm came on.

Hutch loves playing ACL

Bernie is still not a threat for 90 mins .. impact is better later

Duke needs to back himself and shoot more on sight.

With his confidence back, Reddy is playing at his best.

As for Beijing .. over-rated .. their foreign players are not better than ours, and on the night, woeful.

bikinigirl

as for the sound I imagine that on the west side it was good . but in the lower tear there could well have been an acoustic
shadow .

. lower tier last night?

. we normally sit upper tier, east side ... last night we were in the lower tier and the band was loud and clear ... but more importantly the bigger difference was in hearing the yellow army

true believer

I won't rate all of our players, but as I saw things quite differently from some others on here, I'll say:

As for Beijing .. over-rated .. their foreign players are not better than ours, and on the night, woeful.

I can't a agree with that .their defence was desperate . garons speed worried us all night
and only a miracle save from son of rocket saved us.
their a match for evergrande and I can see them being a real chance of winning the Csl

scoober

Totally disagree. I don't know what you were seeing on TV but live he was pulling them every way, esp. first half, and I had him MOM until:
a) he was subbed, b) Reddy pulled off two saves.
I also think Cernak had a decent night, give him a run of games and I think he'll slot in well.

I thought Monty of all people had a pretty ordinary night with the ball, his distribution was the worst I've seen from him.

true believer

. lower tier last night?

. we normally sit upper tier, east side ... last night we were in the lower tier and the band was loud and clear ... but more importantly the bigger difference was in hearing the yellow army

suffices to say im not interested in playing devils advocate on the band as that's tantamount to disparaging mother hood.
my statement was made at the game .it was my feel on the game.
I believe we had less of an effect with the band in the stand . I believe the bands effect on the Hiroshima was match winning.
I don't believe the band had that impact last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred