• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Zac Anderson signs with Sydney FC

Rowdy

LadyBoy FC beckons, :vhappy:

Asia looms as Anderson's next adventure:

gettyimages-534162824.jpg

Zac Anderson has not let the grass grow under his feet since finishing up at Sydney FC and anticipates finalising negotiations to join a new club within days – probably in Asia.

The big central defender played in both legs of Sydney’s AFC Champions League round of 16 tie against Chinese club Shandong Luneng, but on May 26, the day after the second leg, his name was on a list of players the club said would not be at the Sky Blues next season.

But Anderson told The World Game he had begun seeking alternatives well ahead of that, not just in case there was no new contract at Sydney but also because of his desire to eventually experience life and football in Asia, and he said he was now not far off securing his future.

“Obviously when you’re coming off contract you don’t put all your eggs in one basket,” Anderson said. “I never closed the door on Sydney and the door isn’t closed long-term to ever go back, it was just more of a decision that was made within the salary cap restraints.

“The squad was a big one this season, due to the ACL on top of the A-League, and not being in the ACL next year that changes.

“And I’m realistic, I understand the circumstances, and I’m wise enough to know this and I’ve been putting a few irons in the fire for a while now. I’ve covered myself and hopefully I’ve done enough to move on to bigger and better things.

“I’ve actually been preparing to leave Sydney since January.

“The club informed me during the back end of the season that they wanted to keep me, so I was keeping that door ajar because I didn’t want to close off opportunities. If a club like Sydney says they want to keep you, then you are naturally interested.
Screenshot_2016-06-10-00-04-33-1_zpscimmblge.png

“But I was never naive enough, when there was no concrete offer or contract on the table, to put all my eggs in one basket, so I was speaking to other people. I’ve been talking to a number of clubs throughout Asia for a while now and I’m just making sure I cover all bases moving forward.”

Anderson found it hard to get game-time in the A-League last season, but was revelling in the opportunity to start in those round of 16 ACL games.

Unfortunately, he was red-carded in the 76thminute of the second leg of the tie for fouling a Shandong player to deny a clear goal-scoring opportunity. Shandong eventually scored a late goal to advance to the quarter-finals on the away goals rule.

Anderson, 25, began his A-League career at Gold Coast United and really made his name and reputation at Central Coast Mariners, before joining Sydney last season. He believes now is the time to experience playing football on another continent if he can get the right deal.

“I did my best whenever I had the opportunity at Sydney and I was lucky enough to get a few games at the back end and we did quite well,” Anderson said.

“I’m in a period where I’ve had some time to reflect on the season, had a little holiday, and now I’m all guns blazing towards the future. I’ve got a few things that are starting to heat up and get a little serious and I expect to be making a few decisions in the next couple of days.
Screenshot_2016-06-10-00-04-39-1_zpsvc7x8kvp.png

“There are a few opportunities available in the A-League, but I’m getting to an age now where Asia is an avenue I’d like to experience and I think I’m ready to go, I’m experienced enough and I think it would be a great opportunity for myself and my football and to financially set myself up.

“I’m not in a relationship at the moment, so I’m free to make a decision where I don’t have to consider a partner and that’s part of the reason I’m thinking about going over now. If the opportunity is right I’m ready to go and it’s exciting times.

“There have been some pretty strong discussions over the last couple of weeks with some clubs in Asia. I’m not really in a position to say who I’m talking to, because things are at a delicate stage and I don’t want to upset that, but I’m working day and night to get things sorted.”

Rowdy

He could be quite a good player in Thailand or Vietnam. And he can get his shorts made out of Silk.:p

With his penchant for pulling them up nice & high prior to every corner he defends, his Thai tailor will easily understand the hand gestures and be familiar with his request for the 'Ladyboy-Tuck' style of short. ;)

Rowdy

Drove my Mrs insane whenever we watched away games on Fox,

- "Why does Anderson have to keep pulling his shorts up every time there's a corner, what's wrong with him ???"

I just said it must be some psychological "stress-reaction" other than that, N.F.Idea?

Rowdy

Anderson heading to the UAE:

gettyimages-527700038.jpg

Former Sydney FC defender Zac Anderson is close to sealing a deal in the United Arab Emirates as he contemplates his future away from the A-League.

Two clubs have made solid offers and the favourite to snare him at this stage is Emirates Club – the former home of ex-Australia international star Brett Holman.

The strapping stopper, who made just nine appearances in all competitions for the Sky Blues last season, has been contemplating a move overseas since January, in the knowledge that Sydney would be culling its squad in the off-season.

It’s understood that a final decision in his next career stop could be made within days.

Anderson, 25, who began his career with Gold Coast United before heading to Central Coast Mariners and then the Sky Blues, has been offered a multi-year deal that could seal his financial future.

Emirates Club finished 12th in the Arabian Gulf League last season, with Holman, 32, scoring five goals in 20 league games before exiting at the end of the season.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I vaguely remember Anderson being on his haunchs for vast parts of the game v (probably) The Nix at BT when it was nudging 40 or so degrees ....the desert is gonna f**kin finish him off

Wombat

Not sure what to feel about this delusional puppy.

Good luck, I guess.

Last edited:

Rowdy

A-League defender signs for UAE club:
Screenshot_2016-07-01-17-07-47-1_zpsnifow4j6.png

Former Sydney FC and Central Coast defender Zac Anderson has signed a two-year deal with UAE outfit Emirates Club, his agents announced.

Anderson, 25, a former QAS graduate, parted ways with the Sky Blues in May. The ex Gold Coast player, who featured in the AFC Champions League this year with Sydney, inked the deal in Dubai on Thursday, reported his representatives FIA. He made nine appearances for the Sky Blues last season as the team finished outside the six in the ten-team Hyundai A-League. Anderson won a Hyundai A-League championship with the Mariners in 2013 and later moved to the Harbour City after his former Central Coast coach Graham Arnold signed for the Sky Blues. Emirates Club play in the Arabian Gulf League and they finished 12th in the 14 team league last season. The club is based in the Emirate of Ras al-Khaimah and featured former Socceroo Brett Holman in their ranks last season.

Rowdy

Interview:
Emirates Club new recruit Zac Anderson studying for the future and carrying on Australian footballing traditions in the UAE

Zac-Anderson-Emirates-Club.jpg

Both a physical and cerebral presence has been added to Emirates Club’s defence with the acquisition of Zac Anderson.

Law studies rather than the stereotypical footballer’s pursuits of Snapchat and sports cars take up his time off the pitch, the imposing Australian centre-back likely to instead be found buried inside a pile of case notes.

The legal profession awaits once the boots are hung up. But at 25-years-old and with a first foreign adventure to look forward to now a two-year deal in Ras Al Khaimah has been signed, his priorities currently firmly lie in raising the floundering Falcons up the Arabian Gulf League table during 2016/17.

“My parents are both academics, so I left school initially without a club and decided to go to university as a Plan B,” he tells Sport360 after Saturday’s gruelling first pre-season training session. “As a footballer, you do have a lot of down time.

“It is a thinking game and players can get caught up with FIFA games. I think it is important to mentality stimulate your mind, especially when you live in a foreign country.

“I enjoy it and I hope it is something I transition to. I am very early on in my studies, I’ve only completed seven or eight units out of 32.

“There are different types of footballers. I like to think I have some type of intellect, but make no mistake, all I think about during the day is football. But at night time, I will read some case notes rather than playing FIFA.”

Anderson arrives in the UAE after a mid-career crisis gripped him at Sydney FC. Steady progress at Gold Coast United and Central Coast Mariners saw him snapped up by the A-League’s glamour side in July 2015, only for mentor Graham Arnold to grant a dispiriting nine runouts in all competitions.

There are plenty of examples available to now believe a fresh start in the UAE will bring reward.

Australians have traditionally excelled here. Sydney captain Alex Brosque – who provided counsel once overtures were made – lifted the 2012/13 top-flight title and 2014 President’s Cup at Al Ain, while a stellar three-year spell for revered playmaker Brett Holman concluded at Emirates in May after previously leading Al Nasr to silverware.

Bani Yas midfielder Mark Milligan also remains a regular for the Socceroos and Anderson thanks his predecessors for the impression they have made.

He says: “Brosque is a fantastic mentor of mine. As is Brett Holman and Mark Milligan.

“I have spoken to all the Australian boys and they’ve got a great reputation out here. One of the reasons why I got this opportunity is the legacy they have left.

“I am here to create my own legacy and uphold that strong Australian name which we are building out here.”

The other headline arrival for Emirates is coach Theo Bucker, with the club taking advantage of a contractual wrangle to snap up the sprightly Middle Eastern veteran who impressed so much by keeping new boys Dibba Al Fujairah up last term.

“I only met him for the first time at training, but I’ve spoken to him a few times on the phone,” Anderson says. “You can soak up his passion for football and love for the game, which is so important when you are working with someone every day.

“I feel like I needed to be on my toes for the whole session, as I thought he was going to outrun me. I have to prove to him and the players I can do a job for the team.”

A nail-biting season under Paulo Comelli saw Emirates cling onto their AGL status on goal difference in 12th place. With promoted clubs Hatta and Ittihad Kalba moving quickly in the summer market and Sharjah landing the marquee buy of prolific Al Ittihad striker Gelmin Rivas, competition at the bottom will be fierce.

Yet this is not a prospect which daunts Anderson, who takes inspiration from Leicester City’s shock run to the 2015/16 Premier League title.

He says: “I have been living in Ras Al Khaimah for about 10 days now, so I have had a bit of time to acclimatise to the heat and meet a few of the staff.

“I think it is a negative thing to put a ceiling on where this club can finish. This club has to be ambitious.

“We are going to bring in a few players, but you can’t put a ceiling on these youngsters. You can see what Leicester did.”

Rowdy

"cerebral presence" o_O

I know Ando did a few Mariners fans 'heads-in' whilst he was with us. :innocent:

Wombat

Interview:
Emirates Club new recruit Zac Anderson studying for the future and carrying on Australian footballing traditions in the UAE

Zac-Anderson-Emirates-Club.jpg

Both a physical and cerebral presence has been added to Emirates Club’s defence with the acquisition of Zac Anderson.

Law studies rather than the stereotypical footballer’s pursuits of Snapchat and sports cars take up his time off the pitch, the imposing Australian centre-back likely to instead be found buried inside a pile of case notes.

The legal profession awaits once the boots are hung up. But at 25-years-old and with a first foreign adventure to look forward to now a two-year deal in Ras Al Khaimah has been signed, his priorities currently firmly lie in raising the floundering Falcons up the Arabian Gulf League table during 2016/17.

“My parents are both academics, so I left school initially without a club and decided to go to university as a Plan B,” he tells Sport360 after Saturday’s gruelling first pre-season training session. “As a footballer, you do have a lot of down time.

“It is a thinking game and players can get caught up with FIFA games. I think it is important to mentality stimulate your mind, especially when you live in a foreign country.

“I enjoy it and I hope it is something I transition to. I am very early on in my studies, I’ve only completed seven or eight units out of 32.

“There are different types of footballers. I like to think I have some type of intellect, but make no mistake, all I think about during the day is football. But at night time, I will read some case notes rather than playing FIFA.”

Anderson arrives in the UAE after a mid-career crisis gripped him at Sydney FC. Steady progress at Gold Coast United and Central Coast Mariners saw him snapped up by the A-League’s glamour side in July 2015, only for mentor Graham Arnold to grant a dispiriting nine runouts in all competitions.

There are plenty of examples available to now believe a fresh start in the UAE will bring reward.

Australians have traditionally excelled here. Sydney captain Alex Brosque – who provided counsel once overtures were made – lifted the 2012/13 top-flight title and 2014 President’s Cup at Al Ain, while a stellar three-year spell for revered playmaker Brett Holman concluded at Emirates in May after previously leading Al Nasr to silverware.

Bani Yas midfielder Mark Milligan also remains a regular for the Socceroos and Anderson thanks his predecessors for the impression they have made.

He says: “Brosque is a fantastic mentor of mine. As is Brett Holman and Mark Milligan.

“I have spoken to all the Australian boys and they’ve got a great reputation out here. One of the reasons why I got this opportunity is the legacy they have left.

“I am here to create my own legacy and uphold that strong Australian name which we are building out here.”

The other headline arrival for Emirates is coach Theo Bucker, with the club taking advantage of a contractual wrangle to snap up the sprightly Middle Eastern veteran who impressed so much by keeping new boys Dibba Al Fujairah up last term.

“I only met him for the first time at training, but I’ve spoken to him a few times on the phone,” Anderson says. “You can soak up his passion for football and love for the game, which is so important when you are working with someone every day.

“I feel like I needed to be on my toes for the whole session, as I thought he was going to outrun me. I have to prove to him and the players I can do a job for the team.”

A nail-biting season under Paulo Comelli saw Emirates cling onto their AGL status on goal difference in 12th place. With promoted clubs Hatta and Ittihad Kalba moving quickly in the summer market and Sharjah landing the marquee buy of prolific Al Ittihad striker Gelmin Rivas, competition at the bottom will be fierce.

Yet this is not a prospect which daunts Anderson, who takes inspiration from Leicester City’s shock run to the 2015/16 Premier League title.

He says: “I have been living in Ras Al Khaimah for about 10 days now, so I have had a bit of time to acclimatise to the heat and meet a few of the staff.

“I think it is a negative thing to put a ceiling on where this club can finish. This club has to be ambitious.

“We are going to bring in a few players, but you can’t put a ceiling on these youngsters. You can see what Leicester did.”

Leicester didn;t have any shit players'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred