• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Yorke close to signing with the Mariners

Deej

LOL I have no idea if Davids is 1 of them, we don't need another left midfielder anyway, but Yorke is definitely the strongest possibility.

Former dutch international could mean they played 1 game LOL......could be Michael Mols? or it could be a load of bullshit! ;)

tyson

HAHAHA. Davids. Nice one DJ.
I wonder if it will pop up in the Telegraph.
I was thinking Van Persie was a little more believable... :p

marc

apparently van basten's leaving the national team managing position and still thinks he's got what it takes to play at an a-league level.. from a 'reliable source' like half the things on here..

fedelta

I heard from an unreliable source they are trying to negotiate with Guus Hiddink. He is looking to play an attacking midfield role.

kepo

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
yorke ain't goin awaywhere :(
He is a sydney boy, through and through!

00001802-photo.jpg

At least he is a champion! :p :D

Omni

That just reminds me of how crap Rudan was treated by that club every year he was supposed to be captain and every year they handed it to someone else!

serious14

If this is true, then what a horrid waste of money and time.

We need pace and creativity in the midfield, not the exact opposite.  Sh*t decision from all concerned.

tyson

So my mate just told me that his mate sent him a message saying we signed Yorke for 2 years on $800 000...

obviously this is probably just a joke or something, and the $800 000 is a telling point, as well as the fact that it was someone's mate, who more than likely isn't a part of the club... but I thought I would just put it on here.

tyson

serious14 said:
If this is true, then what a horrid waste of money and time.

We need pace and creativity in the midfield, not the exact opposite.  Sh*t decision from all concerned.

Dwight isnt creative?

I don't think his lack of pace should be of much concern...
He can score goals as well. I wouldn't mind 7 goals from an attacking mid...

serious14

Omni said:
Serious you think anyone that has ever worn a blue shirt is rubbish.

Not at all - I'd take Corica over Yorke any day.

tyson said:
Dwight isnt creative?

I don't think his lack of pace should be of much concern...
He can score goals as well. I wouldn't mind 7 goals from an attacking mid...

He might have been a creative-ish DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER three years ago, but this is 2008.  Have any of you watched a Sunderland game lately, he's been sh*thouse!!!!

When it comes to DM - Jedinak > Yorke.  Not to mention that Jedi scores goals as well, and is a better defender.

fish

tyson said:
So my mate just told me that his mate sent him a message saying we signed Yorke for 2 years on $800 000...

obviously this is probably just a joke or something, and the $800 000 is a telling point, as well as the fact that it was someone's mate, who more than likely isn't a part of the club... but I thought I would just put it on here.

There would be 4 people who knew if it was real Turnbull,Gorman,McKinna and Yorke, now I dont know your mate Tyson but unless hes related to either of them he wouldnt know tbh.I will wait til its released either way in the positive or the not negative but just another rumour

serious14

P.S.  Not to mention it's a story from THE DAILY TELEGRAPH!!!!  We all know their track record......

marc

im with serious, i tend to think signing yorke (on a minimum 2 year deal) would be a waste of time and money. he'd create great publicity and maybe do something for the crowds but winning big games over and over does more for the crowds than any individual player can do. dwight was amazing in his younger years, great at sydney 3 years ago, but really.. he's getting very old.. it's going to be hot.. he's going to want to party every now and then.. i don't think its a wise move. if he gets injured EVERYONE will be whinging.

tyson

fish said:
tyson said:

<b>obviously this is probably just a joke or something</b>, and the $800 000 is a telling point, as well as the fact that it was someone's mate, who more than likely isn't a part of the club... <b>but I thought I would just put it on here.</b>

There would be 4 people who knew if it was real Turnbull,Gorman,McKinna and Yorke, now I dont know your mate Tyson but unless hes related to either of them he wouldnt know tbh.I will wait til its released either way in the positive or the not negative but just another rumour

With that said, for all we know, it is probably just as credible as any of the other stories we are hearing. haha.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred