• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Yorke close to signing with the Mariners

bulldogmariner

Matt Simon you need to score goals
Will be interesting to see where Dwight players
I think Elrich will play right wingback.
Owens and Caceres on the wings with Mile and Dwight in centre mid
Then 2 strikers up front and Matt Simon wont be one of them until he scores goals

Deej

striker #9 said:
DJ said:
Perm said:
So if we sign Yorke, are we still after Mcallister?

Yes

Is this the same Mcallister that was a Spirit FC?

If Yes, why do you think we want him...he's another Matt Simon....farkern.... ;)

Yes it is the same person, and from what I have heard he has learnt a lot overseas and has become a better player...........he trained with us for a couple of weeks last season, Lawrie obviously sees something in him and it gives us another option in attack.

Jesus

Jesus
skilbeck said:
I think there is easily a place on the team for Hutch this season, maybe even above Caceres. As for Owens and Kwas, they might have to wait for an injury or play as impact players. Porter and McAndrew will probably be hard pressed getting game time and might have to look for playing opportunities in the backs

I think caceras will have to work hard to get ahead of kwas. Owens really needs to put it in the pre-season. Will be interesting with hutch, had a great season, lifted his work rate, which still isnt huge. If we bring in dwight, will surely force him left.

bulldogmariner

Agreed we will have players fighting for spots which is a good thing lift the standard of our play
We just need a fit Nik Mrjda so Dwight can set him up for all the goals and the golden boot

promdi442

Bearinator said:
Our team will lift so much with his presence. And being that we won the league and missed the GF by the tip of Vidmars boot, the future looks bright, but maybe not for Owens, Kwas or Hutch, unfortunatly.

What about Mat Simon. Ever since it has been written about McAlister Simon's name doesn't appear any more. So he will be a casualty also.

Not that I'm complaining coz I dont rate Simon as highly as others do. BUt if it is the case then he will join O'Grady as being surplus to the cause.

skilbeck

i dont think anyone is a surplus to the cause not even O Grady, Porter or McAndrew, its amazing how quickly we may move through the depth of the squad when we get injuries and suspensions

Jesus

Jesus
promdi442 said:
Bearinator said:
Our team will lift so much with his presence. And being that we won the league and missed the GF by the tip of Vidmars boot, the future looks bright, but maybe not for Owens, Kwas or Hutch, unfortunatly.

What about Mat Simon. Ever since it has been written about McAlister Simon's name doesn't appear any more. So he will be a casualty also.

Not that I'm complaining coz I dont rate Simon as highly as others do. BUt if it is the case then he will join O'Grady as being surplus to the cause.

Simon will still be hear. He is still on contract.
When does Stringers contract end? next season?

tyson

Jesus said:
promdi442 said:
Bearinator said:

Simon will still be <s>hear</s><b>here</b>. He is still on contract.
When does Stringers contract end? next season?

In before Dibo.

brett

a) You don't need to sign players with a specific starting XI in mind. It's smart to sign the best players you can with some sort of balance to the squad and then fit them together as best you can at the time. We all know injuries, suspensions and form play their part.

b) In modern football a back three doesn't mean just chucking in three defenders and seven attackers. You really need wingbacks to balance it off. eg:

Danny
            Wilko      Boogs    Clark
Osman                                        Heff
                        Jedi

scottmac

Suspended
Just looking at the teamlists in this post of pssible lineups V4 and want to throw something in for discussion.

If Yorke is signed on the condition of a coaches role going with it, what are the chances of him playing alongside Juninho as marquee?

Food for thought!!
(Very tasty food aswell!!!)

fedelta

brett said:
a) You don't need to sign players with a specific starting XI in mind. It's smart to sign the best players you can with some sort of balance to the squad and then fit them together as best you can at the time. We all know injuries, suspensions and form play their part.

b) In modern football a back three doesn't mean just chucking in three defenders and seven attackers. You really need wingbacks to balance it off. eg:

Danny
                        Jedi

5 at the back?

fedelta

scottmac said:
what are the chances of him playing alongside Juninho as marquee?

Food for thought!!
(Very tasty food aswell!!!)

I would not like to see Juninho and Yorke in our team together.. it would seem like we are just picking up ex-Sydney players..

brett

taylor said:
brett said:

Danny
                        Jedi

5 at the back?

I don't know any team that plays with a back '3' without using wingbacks outside them. Happy to be corrected. See the Jets in the Grand Final for a successful execution...the wingbacks got forward and pushed our midfield back with them. It therefore wasn't a back 5.

You certainly wouldn't see a team line up as mentioned around the forum like

Danny
      Wilko        Boogs      Heff
                      Jedi
              Yorke        Hutch
Elrich                                    Caceres
              Sasho        Nik

Back 3 and wingers is a bit awkward anyway. I expect with Lawrie as manager and with our signings, we'll be going 4-4-2 with crosses bombing in from the byline.

scottmac

Suspended
And how much of it could be designated to coaching? Also would Juninho expect (or be offered) another 1 mill/season contract given the amount of games he played this year? He definantly wont get it at Sydney!

scottmac

Suspended
If Yorke could come in under the cap, i cant see why we could not afford J as we were willing to offer JA 1 mill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred