• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Yorke close to signing with the Mariners

Kareem

i was about to get annoyed but then i read your 2nd post. I just dont see him having an offeild effect. I mean he should be good on the field.
Please be aware that I like the mariners even more with him. Me, Being Arab he used to be my favourite NSL player and my favourite Socceroo. So I'm not having a go at him (i looked up to him).

SNOWMARINER

Potential Socceroo and have watched him play before that IMO warrented further caps. I don't think he has realised his potential with Welllington but it certainly sounds like signing with the Mariners and his former mentor Lawrie has given him incentive to perform to the best of his ability and any club that has a national player in it's ranks is rewarding off the pitch.

I watched one Socceroos game (I can't remember which game) that made me consider that he was definately of great ability and was suprised that he was not playing the next one. I'm not sure whether this was to do with his injury or just the selection of the gaffer but personally I think you won't be disappointed next season. I hope I'm right.

Kareem

does anyone think his non-selection for WC06 may have been down to racism? I mean he was playing regularly for socceroos b4 that?

Rowdy

Oh yeah, definiitely. I mean look at the facts , pre September he was playing well then, on the 11th his chances went up in flames, then came crashing down. Really came from out of the 'blue yonder', makes you wonder doesn't it.

:piano: there's no small 'violin playing smiley' so this will have to do.  8)

mariners4ever

Kareem said:
does anyone think his non-selection for WC06 may have been down to racism? I mean he was playing regularly for socceroos b4 that?

i dont think so, he was playing regularly for the socceroos when farina was coaching, i think he only played one or 2 games under hiddink, which was probably because of the formation he was using compared to farina

marinermick

lawrie said in the news tonight that the telegraph story was over the top

he said the club have compiled a list of ten overseas players that they could negotiate with and yorke is one of them

trev

Yorke would be a massive signing and it would be great to see him play in the yellow and navy colours instead of them sydney scummers

Tez

i heard frm a fairly reliable source that he could be coaching the youth Division - and still play for the mariners, and will probly be under the salary cap rather than be our marquee.
Which would be good because then we can still  go after another player for our marque..

Teddy Bear

Flash said:
I'd like to know the other overseas players before considering Yorke's signature.

Perhaps we could get Lawrie and Lyall to set up a meeting with you before they continue further negotiations

offtheball

Tomorrow's Express Gorman still maintains the signing of Yorke is most unlikely.

Hope he's foxing because i still hve the image of Yorke sucking in three defenders and delivering a perfect pass to Corica in V1 GF burned into my brain.

tyson

speaking of Dutch, if we scored Dwight Yorke under the cap, and then Cocu (spelling?) as marquee, Sydney would hate it... didn't they pursue him?

Turnbull, Petrovski, Ceccoli, Yorke, Aloisi (in the first battle for his signature) and Cocu.
Poor Sydney.

Flash

Tez said:
iv heard rumors that one of them is dutch.. who has played for their national team

Yeah I heard that too

Teddy Bear said:
Perhaps we could get Lawrie and Lyall to set up a meeting with you before they continue further negotiations

I'd love that lol

marinersman

Teddy Bear said:
Flash said:
I'd like to know the other overseas players before considering Yorke's signature.

That's the biggest laugh I've had at a post here yet. Bloody funny. :piralaugh:

~Floss~

Hmm... the only thing making the DY rumour stronger than the Davids one is that it was picked up by the telegraph shortly after appearing on here.

The "Dutch" rumour does add weight to the Davids suggestion

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred