• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Worst movies *ever*

Ziggy

I have to admit I don't think I've seen the worst movie ever because I usually read or know something about a movie before I'm willing to sit through one (I'm time poor) and if I do watch a 'bad' movie its due to the cult status, ie 'Plan B from Outer Space'  My favourite 'bad' movie is Barbarella can't go past the orgasmatron and jane Fonda in hot outfits, yes showing my age. Theres no way I would waste my time watching Norbit or Waterworld - I think my movie instinct is pretty good and if I have seen a crap movie, I've forgotten it.

Auburn Mariner

Reality Bites (except for the "My Sharona" scene)
Moulin Rouge
Heaven's Gate
Ishtar
Titanic (a Celine Dion song?? Gimme a break)
Battlestar Galactica (the Travolta version)
Surf Nazis Must Die
Dawn of the Dead
The Toxic Avenger

nero

Shinobi Ninja - worst movie / dubbed film I have ever seen. Some dude speaks and they forgot to give him a voice throughout the movie.

~Floss~

There would be a very fine line between "worst movie ever" and "absolute best cult classic of all time"

Aimeee

I watched Dawn of the Dead a few days ago. it really wasnt very amusing, Andy was pretty awesome but other than than it was just 'meh'
Shaun of the Dead is heaps better. Has Dylan Moran and Reece Shearmsith in it too, always a bonus.

Pokes

From the dug out said:
Dirty Dancing
The sound of music
Pretty Woman

Dirty Dancing is one of my favourite movies! Although, I am female...

Worst movie? Hercules in New York....starring Arnold "Stang" Schwazawhateverhowyouspellit. It is so so so so bad, with the exception of the Bear scene. It's so bad, I recomend you watch it.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Syriana

Could've been alright, but the way the movie was cut was just atrocious, there was no flow whatsoever, no scene seemed to achieve its purpose.  After half an hour I didn't have the foggiest notion what was going on, so I ejected it and watched Scrubs instead.

Made my brain feel better :D

~Floss~

hasbeen said:
I avoid like the plague anything that's described as "feelgood".

Usually "feelgood" movies are "feelgood romantic comedies", my most detested genre.

The storylines are crap and always follow the same formula:
Boy meets girl.
Boy and girl have differences; boy feels out of place but determined.
Boy has something to hide from girl.
Boy works hard to win girl over.
Girl discovers boy's secret / the thing that he was hiding or ashamed of. Relationship appears doomed.
Boy makes heartwarming speech to girl and gets her back.
End - hapilly ever after, etc.

The "feelgood romantic" part of the description can basically be taken as meaning "this is going to be a really cheesy movie"

The "comedy" is light and usually not that funny as it must appeal to all (feelgood romantic comedies are meant for both sexes between the ages of 12 & 65).

Occasionally there are laughable moments between the boy and his mates - as this is often the cause of his "secret" - eg. Hugh Grant's friend in Notting Hill, and Knocked Up had heaps of funny jokes between the main character and his friends. But the problem is, the inevitable, cringe-worthy, "feelgood romantic" parts of the movie ruin the fun. If you take those out you've got a straight "comedy", with no "cheese".

~Floss~

...so I probably couldn't nominate a single "worst movie ever," but anything ever described as a "feelgood romantic comedy" is in the running.

Atomic

Ziggy said:
I have to admit I don't think I've seen the worst movie ever because I usually read or know something about a movie before I'm willing to sit through one (I'm time poor) and if I do watch a 'bad' movie its due to the cult status, ie 'Plan B from Outer Space'  My favourite 'bad' movie is Barbarella can't go past the orgasmatron and jane Fonda in hot outfits, yes showing my age. Theres no way I would waste my time watching Norbit or Waterworld - I think my movie instinct is pretty good and if I have seen a crap movie, I've forgotten it.

Agree with you 110% on that one. She was one hot babe in her day  :thumbup:

sydmariner

the boogeyman (yes there was such a film) worst film in history made no sence whatsoever or any film with tom cruise (scientologist f*****t turd)

sydmariner

Kareem said:
midfielder said:
keensy said:
any Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings movie
In fact, any science fiction movie

Science fiction..................nothing better............DR Who..........Stargate on TV.

What do you like Kareem?
why the interest?
I am comedy through and through
although I have a soft spot for some science fiction esp. time travel...
that said its annoying to watch a fantasy film with me as I tend to point out all the mistakes and unlikelyness etc.
Although my absolute favourite movies tend to be Action with comedy throughout.
eg. Pirates of Carribean, 2 fast 2 furious, Mr and Mrs Smith, National Treasure, Longest Yard (not sure if it is primarily comedy or action)
Also dont mind sport movies- rocky, baseball movies (even though dont like baseball)...just underdog stories?
Also Mystery is always good (but then again I can ruin movies for others with my theories...)

To be on topic...Worst movies...or at least worst Genre for me is- Horror!!!
I dont like it at all!

I like comedy to................you cannot point out mistakes in the fantasy film ......that is not allowed................when you throw the brick in the water and it floats .............no need to say in would not float..............

Sports movies ..........not my cup of tea.

Mystery is good, also James Bond.

But this about thye worst movies...............

How about .......Yellow Sub ..............and Silent Movie
007 good except OHMSS (george lazenbey) craptacular

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred