• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

World Transfer Speculation

Sym

I heard Chelsea are about to put a bid in for Ashley Young, if Downing goes to Villa, Young would be tempted to go elsewhere as they are both LM's ?

Forum Phoenix

Abedayor confirmed...

Robinho...
Tevez...
Abedayor...
Santa Cruz...
Garreth Barry...

Squads on the way... I'd be happy if I was a city fan.
Only going to get easier to sign players with such a massively improving squad and a bottomless well (pun intended) of coin.

Just a slight pity that they are nearly all strikers. Someone's has to be unhappy come the end of the season. Might not have been the best move for Santa Cruz. I'd have to laugh if Carlos started getting benched again.

Marquee

Sym said:
I heard Chelsea are about to put a bid in for Ashley Young, if Downing goes to Villa, Young would be tempted to go elsewhere as they are both LM's ?

Yeah I've heard that one too.

Seems strange since Chelsea just signed Zhirkov who is LM/LB. So that's Malouda, A.Cole, J.Cole and Zhirkov who can play on the left. I think Young would have more of a chance against Downing than those 4. I'd love him there nonetheless.

Kareem

Marquee said:
Sym said:

Seems strange since Chelsea just signed Zhirkov who is LM/LB. So that's Malouda, A.Cole, J.Cole and Zhirkov who can play on the left. I think Young would have more of a chance against Downing than those 4. I'd love him there nonetheless.
i also heard downing is injured for 6 months...so surely young wouldnt be allowed to leave?

dru

Kareem said:
i also heard downing is injured for 6 months...so surely young wouldnt be allowed to leave?
Boro were talking an October return on him, and he can put weight on his broken foot now

Statue

Forum Phoenix said:
Abedayor confirmed...

Robinho...
Tevez...
Abedayor...
Santa Cruz...
Garreth Barry...

Only going to get easier to sign players with such a massively improving squad and a bottomless well (pun intended) of coin.

Just a slight pity that they are nearly all strikers. Someone's has to be unhappy come the end of the season. Might not have been the best move for Santa Cruz. I'd have to laugh if Carlos started getting benched again.

I find it funny how tevez has left united to get more game time where he most likely will get less game time with city considering the number of top strikers they have

Kareem

Farthinator said:
Forum Phoenix said:
Abedayor confirmed...

Robinho...
Tevez...
Abedayor...
Santa Cruz...
Garreth Barry...

I find it funny how tevez has left united to get more game time where he most likely will get less game time with city considering the number of top strikers they have
really...?
tevez + robinho are a class above ade + cruz IMHO
i dont like tevez...but still pretty clear IMO

so any takers for their new formation?

Given
Zabaleta    Richards  ????      Bridge
          De Jong      Barry
                Elano
      Tevez            Robinho
              Ade/Cruz
i would like that formation tbh
but dunno if he will go with 3 strikers

perhaps
                        Given
Zabaleta    Richards  ????      Bridge
          De Jong      Barry
    Elano                      Petrov/SWP
          Tevez/Cruz/Ade        Robinho

Major lol at Bellamy. Shame he wont see the field
Who will he move to next?

dru

dru said:
Kareem said:
Boro were talking an October return on him, and he can put weight on his broken foot now
Move done after he passed his medical and signed on the dotted line, 12million pound transfer fee

Statue

dibo said:
...so what's going to happen to stephen ireland?

Also Kompany, dunne, bellamy and Onuoha all regulars last season for them and quality players as well as Bojinov and Michael johnson becoming fit agian this season, there will be alot of dissapointed players not getting enough game time, espically if the spening continues who knows who else they could sign.

dibo

Liverpool should sign Ireland then. He'll be exxy, but worth it, and he'll get game time. 4-2-3-1:

Reina
Agger Carragher Skrtel Johnson
        Alonso Mascherano
  Kuyt    Gerrard    Ireland
            Torres

Sym

Marquee said:
Sym said:

Joe Cole can play on the left, central, or right, Ancelotti may want to play more of a central attacking role this season, Zhirkov is the perfect signing on the left, cover for Ashley Cole and Malouda, and will also challenge for a start.

Forum Phoenix

Kareem said:
Farthinator said:
Forum Phoenix said:
Abedayor confirmed...

Robinho...
Tevez...
Abedayor...
Santa Cruz...
Garreth Barry...

really...?
tevez + robinho are a class above ade + cruz IMHO
i dont like tevez...but still pretty clear IMO

so any takers for their new formation?

Given
Zabaleta     Richards   ????      Bridge
           De Jong      Barry
                 Elano
      Tevez            Robinho
               Ade/Cruz
i would like that formation tbh
but dunno if he will go with 3 strikers

perhaps
                        Given
Zabaleta     Richards   ????      Bridge
           De Jong      Barry
    Elano                       Petrov/SWP
          Tevez/Cruz/Ade        Robinho

Major lol at Bellamy. Shame he wont see the field
Who will he move to next?

He won't play three unless chasing the game. You would think Abedayor would have to challenge for either Tevez or Robinho's spot... except thats he's a different style of striker to the other two and potentially a better option to be paired with either of them.
I just feel sorry for Santa Cruz, he's quality imo.

Be very surprised if Ireland does not retain a starting or at least a key squad spot. He was easily one of their best last season and for mine contributed more than Robinho or Elano. They'd be fools to lose him imho.

Kareem

Crouch to Tottenham
meh

Granero to Madrid- YES!!! Our youth player...a great CM (+ awesome beard)

Eto + Ibra swap
Eto + Hleb (loan) + 40-50 mill Euros... for Ibra

Are you serious
I know Eto'o was on last year of contract...but what a ripoff! Great business for Inter...
Could end up tearing Barca dressing room apart, as wel as hurting their style (eg. 11 hardworking players)

not to mention Barca are hypocrites...whinging about madrid's spending?
Give me a 35 mill Benzema over a 80 mill Ibra anyday

dibo

selfish bastard scored 30 goals in the league alone and helped his side win la liga, plus la copa del rey and the champions league for shits and giggles. what a c**t.

tuftman

Remember this time last year Eto'o was being linked to some ridiculous money deal on loan at Tashkent? Apparently he's a bit of a prick to have in the dressing room, that said, he can be a prick all he wants and score for shits and giggles and that'll do me fine

Kareem

brennan said:
Ibra > benzema.
hmmm
yes
but a waste of money
my point was 35 mill benzema > Ibra for 80 mill

I just think Barca screwed themselves over...they should have kept the cash for a big money move for Masch...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred