• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who should be the coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat

I had dinner with pappas cousin last night. I think he is at very long odds.

I'd like Mulvey. (I don't think winning a Premiership makes you a failed coach AM?????)

Mori and vidmar are too in-experienced, although I'm a fan of Mori.

Rudan, who I liked a lot as a player has burnt his bridges with us and looks like he would fail the no dickheads policy.

I'd also like Gombau.

Ante Milcic has a wealth of knowledge but has he ever been head coach rather than assistant?

Laudrup had Swansea playing great Football at the start of the season.

I'll ignore Ancient's RACIST comment about Harry Redknapp......I'd absolutely love him here. He is quality.

Ancient Mariner

I had dinner with pappas cousin last night. I think he is at very long odds.

I'd like Mulvey. (I don't think winning a Premiership makes you a failed coach AM?????)

Mori and vidmar are too in-experienced, although I'm a fan of Mori.

Rudan, who I liked a lot as a player has burnt his bridges with us and looks like he would fail the no dickheads policy.

I'd also like Gombau.

Ante Milcic has a wealth of knowledge but has he ever been head coach rather than assistant?

Laudrup had Swansea playing great Football at the start of the season.

I'll ignore Ancient's RACIST comment about Harry Redknapp......I'd absolutely love him here. He is quality.

Yeah, I should have just used Culina, Kossy and Blieberg as examples of ex failed A-League coaches I would not like to see, rather than Mulvey.

Mulvey had success and then got the bullet, raises questions. At the time there was a lot of talk about an unhappy dressing room, however time suggested that it may have been the players rather than the coaches problem.

I don't think we could afford Harry, but being serious I would be very happy to have him here.

Coaches are much harder to pick than players. A coach can be good at one club and a failure elsewhere.

Really I would not have a clue as to who will work for us, however I will state my prejudices and crow if proven correct, but keep my mouth shut if not.

Interesting times.

Big Al

So 24 woman and 1 man or what.

My missus is keen. Disapline won't be an issue and there will be no leaving half way through your contract.

I think adding cameras to the dressing room is going to far.

Would Mulvey be happy with the squad as is and the community work? One of the other articles was trying to say he wants to come back to Australia and knows there are limited jobs.

Rowdy

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arti...5-applications-one-day-after-walmsley-sacking

From the horses mouth:

"Charlesworth said the club will look far and wide for a replacement - and might even consider a female coach in a nod to promote equal opportunities for all.

"We are thinking as broadly as possible right now and would like to have a new coach on the ground and in place by the end of the month to give him or her as much time as possible in the lead up to what is a very important season for us," Charlesworth said.

Bat-shit crazy !

Rowdy

I think adding cameras to the dressing room is going to far.

Agree.
If cameras in the dressing rooms are to seriously considered by the FFA, then they should be 'trialled' for a season of the
W-League to begin with imo.

A 'Season Pass' just of that would surely ascertain the hands, i mean fan's interest.

Last edited:

Wombat

What about Martin o'Neill ?
Great manager and could even open an Irish theme pub here while enjoying some decent weather.

Gratis

I don't see the problem. Who cares what sex the coach is as long as they get results. We were only recently discussing exactly this:
Meet Asia's newest coaching sensation
Monday, 4 July 2016 -
John Duerden @JohnnyDuerden
Tomorrow (July 5) Aussie defender Josh Mitchell joins his new teammates at Hong Kong club Eastern FC, who won the HK Premier League in April. The fact that the winning coach was 27 was worthy of note in itself but Chan Yuen-ting is not only one of the youngest professional coaches around, she is the first female to win the top-flight professional title in men's football.
http://www.a-league.com.au/article/meet-asias-newest-coaching-sensation/letfkgzvt92m1olnw7rpojbu2

https://www.ccmfans.net/community/threads/tony-walmsleys-yellow-army.5682/page-16

adz

Staff member
I don't see the problem. Who cares what sex the coach is as long as they get results. We were only recently discussing exactly this:
Meet Asia's newest coaching sensation
Monday, 4 July 2016 -
John Duerden @JohnnyDuerden
Tomorrow (July 5) Aussie defender Josh Mitchell joins his new teammates at Hong Kong club Eastern FC, who won the HK Premier League in April. The fact that the winning coach was 27 was worthy of note in itself but Chan Yuen-ting is not only one of the youngest professional coaches around, she is the first female to win the top-flight professional title in men's football.
http://www.a-league.com.au/article/meet-asias-newest-coaching-sensation/letfkgzvt92m1olnw7rpojbu2

https://www.ccmfans.net/community/threads/tony-walmsleys-yellow-army.5682/page-16

Thought I saw something like this, couldn't remember where :D

Tassiemariner

Let's be realistic, it's going to be someone cheap-ish and probably Australian. With that in mind, Rudan, Mulvey, Vidmar or Mori would be ideal.

TW was not a bad TD or Youth director and his style of play, if implemented with the right balance of youth, experience and quality would be successful in the A-L. It's just we don't have that at the moment and is not the quite the man-management head coach we need for right now

dibo

I don't see the problem. Who cares what sex the coach is as long as they get results.

I dunno, Rowdy seems to care.

Clermont Foot in France has had women as their last two coaches. That said, the first (Helena Costa) quit before the season started 'citing "total amateurism" and a "lack of respect" from the part of the club, with the sporting director having players signed without her consent, and would not reply to her attempts to contact him'.

She was replaced by Corinne Diacre who coached the side to 7th in Ligue 2. That's not a nothing league by any stretch, even if it was won by AS Nancy. The previous year they were 12th, so she must've got something right!

Mind you, aside from any other issues, any one of Helena Costa, Corrinne Diacre or Chan Yuen Ting would have likely language issues (and in Diacre and Chan's cases, they're probably making more money in their current gigs!) so best look closer to home.

Ex A-League coaches who might be worth a look:
Ricki Herbert
John Kosmina
Gary van Egmond
Miron Bleiberg
Mike Mulvey
Aurelio Vidmar
Rado Vidosic (he'd be a super assistant at the very least!)

Others around A-League clubs, NPL or FFA:
Tony Vidmar
Paul Okon
Ante Milicic
John Anastasiadis
Arthur Pappas
Damian Mori

Hopefully some of our applicants are among these. We need someone who knows a bit about this league and ideally with senior experience.

North Sydney
Moneyball
Results not important
Everton partnership
Arry
now this, stfu mate.

I'll pull moneyball out of this list - there's nothing at all wrong with moneyball. Moneyball is about getting optimum results for a given spend. If you don't think every club is moving to ensure that they have data analysis informing their recruitment decisions to do exactly this then you're dreaming.

There's a key factor that is missing for us - the given spend is too f**king small to succeed. If you're not spending the cap, then you're going to be beaten by people who do, unless their spending is woefully inefficient.

And moneyball only works if people are willing to come to you for market rates rather than asking for a premium to come to what appears from the outside to be a complete clusterf**k. If you have to pay a premium and you still underspend, then you're nowhere. You're playing NPL2 players in your starting XI.

The club needs to appear to be a project that's moving somewhere. We can't have brainfart after brainfart. Fans won't keep the faith, players will steer clear. And if fans drop off and players steer clear, we get the smell of death about us.

Luca Brasi

If you don't think every club is moving to ensure that they have data analysis informing their recruitment decisions to do exactly this then you're dreaming.
This forms part of a sound football management program, not a press release that claims we are somehow ahead of the game in what was a disastrous season.

dibo

This forms part of a sound football management program, not a press release that claims we are somehow ahead of the game in what was a disastrous season.
Agree totally. A nice press release does not a successful season make.

midfielder

Personally I would like Mulvey or Mori ...

Totally out of left field and is coaching a EPL junior side today.. Harry Kwell ... wants to be a coach IMO his name could put lots of bums on seats...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred