• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Tony Walmsley's Yellow Army!

pjennings

Sell the scum to makecroom for the next basket case.

The Indonesians is a buckley balls up idnt it?

The deal was apparently completed at Lyall Gorman's house on 18th September 2011 after they watched the Mariners vs Perth match at Knox Grammar before being announced on 4th Oct 2011. They were sitting directly in front of my son and I. Interestingly they were originally courted by Peter Turnbull as investors/co-owners but the FFA did not think they were 'fit and proper' to hold an A League license, that is until they had Brisbane to sell.

JoyfulPenguin

Walmsley hoping Hull and Harry can help Mariners
mariners-boss-tony-walmsley-is-hoping-time-in-the-uk-with-steve-bruce-and-harry-redknapp-will-help-his-side-next-a-league-season_1lzil4cxst6ny1drflovsh72h1.jpg

Mariners boss Tony Walmsley is hoping time in the UK with Steve Bruce and Harry Redknapp will help his side next A-League season.
Monday, 20 June 2016-
Josh Bennett @JoshBennett50
Central Coast boss Tony Walmsley kicked off pre-season training on Monday fresh from a trip to the UK where he spent time with newly-promoted EPL outfit Hull City and Mariners consultant Harry Redknapp.
The 50-year-old Walmsley embarked on the scouting mission to gain insights from a fellow community-based club.

He worked closely with Tigers boss Steve Bruce during his stay on Humberside and he hopes this will rub off on his squad for Hyundai A-League Season 12 in 2016/17.

“I spent a fair bit of time with Hull City. I shadowed Steve Bruce. I was fortunately there for their push back from the Championship to the Premier League,” Walmsley told reporters on Monday.

“As much as you’re tracking an experienced, high-level manager around and able to pick his brain, he’s very generous with his time.

“The set-up there is very similar to ours in terms of they’re a small community-based club and punching their weight with the big guns.

“It was great to reflect on how they go about their business, how close we are in terms of our approach and then obviously looking at the players and what the gaps might be that we’re striving to bridge after last season.”

Walmsley also revealed he caught up Harry Redknapp during his visit, with the former Tottenham and QPR manager acting as a football consultant for the Mariners in 2016/17.

“With Harry Redknapp being involved in a consultancy capacity, it was good for me to touch base with him. I had a meeting with him,” he said.

“To have someone of his experience and calibr on the end of the phone, he can watch live games on BT Sport and feedback weekly.

"I’m looking forward to the interaction with him as we move forward.”

The Mariners are looking to rebuild their squad after a maiden wooden spoon last season and have signed Mickael Tavares, Jacques Faty and Ivan Necevski from Sydney FC, along with former Victory winger Connor Pain.

victorys-connor-pain-celebrates-scoring-against-the-mariners_ax8bh7hbttp91rk11r7y7vc4x.jpg

Walmsley admitted his side needed an overhaul but insists the changes required are not only in regards to personnel.

“There’s no doubt that by the end of last season we needed to make significant changes in the approach and the personnel.

“With the signing of Jacques and Mickael we have experience down the spine. Then we brought in Ivan Necevski, again an experienced keeper.

“The easy bit in many respects is getting the right personnel to pick the team up straight away from where we ended up last season.

“The big chunk of work now is in the approach we need to take and how we need to do things different tactically.

Give the club a click at: http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...-can-help-mariners/1rl1jiaftdo7q1o5dvyy08sxch

Rowdy

Tony Walmsley:
“The big chunk of work now is in the approach we need to take and how we need to do things different - TACTICALLY ."

No shit, Sherlock !
....................................... :popcorn:

Forum Phoenix

I like that he's been proactive and seeking mentoring. We know last year was diabolical, but he's a good guy who loves this club, so it'd be great to see him turn it around and go on to be our most successful manager ever. Though suggest any breath holding is not to be entered into lightly. :innocent:

Wombat

I saw TW today and he is looking fit and rested.
I really hope he can get us playing Football this season.
The pre-season is crucial.
Come on Tony my son!!!!!!!!

JoyfulPenguin

Tony Warmsley's replacement after six games? Gombau coached in Hong Kong before going to Adelaide.
Meet Asia's newest coaching sensation
Monday, 4 July 2016 -
John Duerden @JohnnyDuerden
Tomorrow (July 5) Aussie defender Josh Mitchell joins his new teammates at Hong Kong club Eastern FC, who won the HK Premier League in April. The fact that the winning coach was 27 was worthy of note in itself but Chan Yuen-ting is not only one of the youngest professional coaches around, she is the first female to win the top-flight professional title in men's football.

She took the job in December after the boss departed for a job in China. As the only member of the coaching staff with a licence from the Asian Football Confederation, she was given the job. Four months later, she was lifting the trophy.

Lately she's been in France watching the European Championships but is still coming to terms with events of just a few weeks ago when her name hit headlines all around the world.

“I never thought that would happen to myself," Chan said. "Anyway, I should not concentrate on this kind of attention. I have to do my job well as I can as a coach and concentrate on my team and coaching.”

She admits she was nervous about the appointment and asked herself whether she was ready for the pressure but a 6-1 away win in her opening game helped calm her and the players down.

chan-yuen-ting-coach_1c0jsumwle8xl17xiftr21jjap.jpg

After that, Eastern did not look back and a 2-1 victory over closest rivals South China provided real confidence that the team could win a first title for 21 years. It was clinched with another win against the same team in April.

“When it all ended, it was strange and I felt like I was dreaming. I could not smile and the other staff were telling me to smile. It was not until later that I realised what we had achieved.”

Next on the agenda is taking a further pro licence course in December and a chance at the 2017 AFC Champions League. “I would like to go the Champions League with my team Eastern in the coming season. Bringing a team to play in that competition is the dream of a lot of local coaches and this will also be my new challenge.”

One day though, Chan would like to head further afield and perhaps coach in the UK, the United States or elsewhere in Asia. Australia is also not out of the question.

“It all depends on the opportunity,” Chan said. “I know that Australian football is well-organised. The development of Australian football is systematic.”

She also points out that the language would be an issue in Australia, as opposed to other possible destinations such as Korea Republic and Japan.

chan-yuen-ting_9e1ad79bxl0x1fbe9bfr0bcm8.jpg

The exploits of Melbourne Victory and Sydney FC in the 2016 AFC Champions League when both teams made it to the knockout stage of the tournament were also noticed by Chan. “Their results showed that the A-League is going very well.”

Working with men or women would not be a problem as the Matildas have consistently demonstrated the strength of the female game down under.

“They perform quite well in World Cups and show that the local competition level is high.”

A move to Australia could be interesting for all parties. Chan is a young, hungry and hard-working coach with a fierce desire to improve and a league title under her belt already.

Masterfood's quality Limited Edition Outback BBQ Sauce:
http://www.a-league.com.au/article/meet-asias-newest-coaching-sensation/letfkgzvt92m1olnw7rpojbu2

FFC Mariner

Indeed, the KKK stand will just love it

(if we ever make the ACL try sitting lower level, eastern side. Never heard racist abuse like it)

We named it the KKK stand because of it.

Gratis

That'd be well worth a look if the language barrier wasn't a consideration.
Communication with your team is just too critical

Big Al

Needs to be sacked ASAP.

Give the replacement the rest of the preseason to actually make them resemble a team.

Rowdy

Unstick it ?
Fcuk-it,
Just lock it !!!

As for TW's 'Army', many of the troops deserted him long ago - before the bloody battle of 'Green Gully'.

And with that, let's duly note that Thurbs' was the official 'last-post' of this thread, because he succinctly & forbodingly summised Walmsley’s end:
Pappas made him look a complete muppet ...... arguably not hard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred