• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who should be the coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoyfulPenguin

Personally I would like Mulvey or Mori ...

Totally out of left field and is coaching a EPL junior side today.. Harry Kwell ... wants to be a coach IMO his name could put lots of bums on seats...
Harry Kewell is no where near ready to be a head coach. His youth side did poorly as well last season. Needs at least another two seasons as an assistant to be anywhere near ready.

Big Al

A female coach should be because they are the best person for the job not shock value which is the way I read the way they talk about a woman being an option.

It shouldn't be mentioned until the decision is made.

Now if they went a woman it would clearly be a gimmick

I think a uk Unknown jobs for the mates would be favourite

What would storie or Arry know about the Aussie candidates?

rbakersmith

A female coach should be because they are the best person for the job not shock value which is the way I read the way they talk about a woman being an option.

This was the only direct quote from Charlesworth:
"We are thinking as broadly as possible right now and would like to have a new coach on the ground and in place by the end of the month to give him or her as much time as possible in the lead up to what is a very important season for us," Charlesworth said.

Anything else is editorializing - so what makes you think that they're going for shock value?

Big Al

Anything else is editorializing - so what makes you think that they're going for shock value?
Charlesworth said the club will look far and wide for a replacement - and might even consider a female coach in a nod to promote equal opportunities for all.

Nothing editorial about that. For equal opportunity purposes not if they are the best candidate.

Wombat

Charlesworth said the club will look far and wide for a replacement - and might even consider a female coach in a nod to promote equal opportunities for all.

Nothing editorial about that. For equal opportunity purposes not if they are the best candidate.

What about a blind, disabled, black Lesbian?......ticks several boxes and we would probably get a grant from the Govt.....I'm sure MC would approve.

Last edited:

Gratis

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...b/news-story/39c704600bd3e6a8eed160f36d6a759e
FORMER Brisbane Roar coach Mike Mulvey has firmed as the favourite to take over from axed Mariners coach Tony Walmsley.
Speculation has intensified about a likely replacement since the club’s shock announcement on Monday.
It comes as the Mariners took another hit this week with stalwart defender Josh Rose set to leave the club.
He was also given permission by the club to speak with Melbourne City and underwent a medical on Wednesday.
Online bookmaker sportsbet.com.au has installed Mulvey as the $2.75 favourite to become Central Coast’s next coach.
Sportsbet.com.au’s Christian Jantzen said Mulvey could be the type of coach the club was looking for.
“There are whispers around that he’s the man they want,” he said.
“He was a bit unlucky in his time at the Roar and he could fit the bill.
“Mulvey has been linked to the Central Coast job but those in the know say that it’s only a matter of time before Mark Rudan gets an A-League gig somewhere.”
The former Sydney FC captain has had a successful year at former NSL club Sydney United and the Fox Sports commentator’s efforts have him as second favourite in the market at $3.50.
Green Gully coach Arthur Papas’ stocks rose after his team knocked the Mariners out of the FFA Cup last week and is listed as a $4 chance to replace Walmsley.
“He’s essentially the reason the Mariners are in this position,” Jantzen said.
Frank Farina is at $7.50 and would be a good option if he decided to swap the pristine waters of Fiji for Brisbane Water.
Sportsbet.com.au then has four candidates — Aurelio Vidmar, Tony Vidmar, Josep Gombau and Paul Okon — at $11.
Meanwhile, the imminent departure of Rose will free up some salary cap room for the new coach.
Rose said his “emotions were mixed” as he prepared to leave after six seasons with the club.
The popular defender said leaving the Mariners was a mutual decision and that the sacking of Walmsley was not a factor in his move.
The club also unveiled its new kit for the 2016/17 season at The Entertainment Grounds on Wednesday and the coachless Mariners play Newcastle Jets in a friendly match at Tamworth tomorrow.

Wombat

Dibo is secretly excited as she could run as a dream Labor party candidate to unsettle Lucy Wicks:popcorn:

Rowdy

I don't see the problem. Who cares what sex the coach is as long as they get results.
I dunno, Rowdy seems to care.
FO Dibo! where did I explicitly say 'I care' that CCM shouldn't have a female coach ??? (because that's what your snidely implying you twat, by misconstruing my post of
"bat-shit crazy" ---> to me being sexist)

I have a daughter that played through the age divisions in the NSW NPL & I'd be the last person to say that there's a limit to what a woman can achieve in Football.

I've sat on the sidelines of games all over NSW & at State Championships and seen multitudes of women coaching to a better standard than some of the dickhead blokes that were assigned to coach my girl in Reps.

..... - so what makes you think that they're going for shock value?

BECAUSE ........ its a direct quote from Charlesworth.

That's why it's "bat-shit-crazy" !

The bloke lives and dies by the adage:
"that ANY publicity, even BAD publicity
...... IS good publicity" and your 'bat-shit-crazy' or Max Markson if you belive that line.

Charlesworth has prev.form for this kinda bullshit promotion.

Case in point:
When Hutcho had his testimonial game at Pluim Park - with former CCM players, some of you who were there may remember Brent Griffiths getting smashed in a tackle by the Masterfoods Sauce bottle mascot. The footage of this, made news and went somewhat global via the net.

In the days after,
MC asked/hinted/suggested:
"what if one of our players during an A-League game went up and deliberately handballed on a corner or 'something-else crazy??' (to that effect) AS THAT WOULD definitely get 'hits' on YouTube, putting the Mariners on the International stage"

.... yet again
..... for all the wrong reasons!

This story came straight from a player at the club, who I trust 100%.

An owner, suggesting &/or prepared to let one of his players pick up a probable card and cost his team a probable 3pnts ALL for the 'hits' on fcuking YouTube !!!???

This, THIS is why his comments are 'bat-shit-crazy'.

MC's not realistically intimating that he's prepared to hire a woman as the next Manager in charge at CCM. It's his play at the 'talking point' (which is what's going on here and probably in the footballing industry circle) ...... DH!

I'm with Luca,
now this, stfu mate.

Last edited:

style_cafe

I would have preferred Mulvey to Walmsley in the first place but it never happened ,we took the cheap option & are now paying the price.
As a roughie for the job though, I`ll throw in Martin Allen.(English)
A journeyman coach that has a reputation for building sides from nothing & with a low budget.

Rowdy

I would have preferred Mulvey to Walmsley in the first place but it never happened ,we took the cheap option & are now paying the price.
Agree, but I think Mulvey would've been on the same coin as Walmsley, as it was only because of his refusal to spend the cap that Mulvey 'pied' MC.

I think after MC wiped the cream from his face, he realised he most likely was going to to get same response from other coaches about not spending the full cap
..... so went with TW instead - to 'save face', both publicly and from further pies.

Last edited:

dibo

FO Dibo! where did I explicitly say 'I care' that CCM shouldn't have a female coach ??? (because that's what your snidely implying you twat, by misconstruing my post of
"bat-shit crazy" ---> to me being sexist)

I have a daughter that played through the age divisions in the NSW NPL & I'd be the last person to say that there's a limit to what a woman can achieve in Football.

I've sat on the sidelines of games all over NSW & at State Championships and seen multitudes of women coaching to a better standard than some of the dickhead blokes that were assigned to coach my girl in Reps.
I was referring to this:
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arti...5-applications-one-day-after-walmsley-sacking

From the horses mouth:

"Charlesworth said the club will look far and wide for a replacement - and might even consider a female coach in a nod to promote equal opportunities for all.

"We are thinking as broadly as possible right now and would like to have a new coach on the ground and in place by the end of the month to give him or her as much time as possible in the lead up to what is a very important season for us," Charlesworth said.

Bat-shit crazy !
Obviously there is a limit to what women can do if the mere mention of considering a woman is 'bat-shit crazy'.

I wasn't especially impressed with this post here either, you suggest that cameras should be in the dressing rooms of W-League so fans can get their nuts off over them:
Agree.
If cameras in the dressing rooms are to seriously considered by the FFA, then they should be 'trialled' for a season of the
W-League to begin with imo.

A 'Season Pass' just of that would surely ascertain the hands, i mean fan's interest.
Imagine that your daughter was in one of those sides. Would you still post that?

Rowdy

Obviously there is a limit to what women can do if the mere mention of considering a woman is 'bat-shit crazy'.
Again No, it's not the 'mere mention'.
I explicitly explained - it's Charlesworth's yet again punt on publicity that's crazy.

Crazy because, despite your Google search coming up with x2 female Coaches in France's League2 & the other in Hong Kong, I'm sensible enough to realise that the reality, and I emphasise the true reality of a female Coach even being 'in the running' for consideration (which is decided by Storrie) for the CCM gig, is seriously flawed when weighed against the umpteen 1000's of male Coaches the world over that are more than qualified for the position & would ......& one of whom will get it.

Some will argue its sexist, but its just the harsh realities of the football world.

And Charlesworth is fully aware of this but still chose to throw the 'female Coach' byline out there.

In fact, after all this, I dont think it's a coincidence & I wouldn't be surprised if Charlesworth read about the Hong Kong Coach's success on this very forum (or had it shown to him) when it was posted recently, as a speculative suggestion replacement of Walmsley.

I wasn't especially impressed with this post here either, you suggest that cameras should be in the dressing rooms of W-League so fans can get their nuts off over them:

Well perhaps I should have posted one of these :p at the end, to signify that it was a joke, because I know that they'd (FFA) would never ever do it, despite the fact that the blokes walk around showing more flesh than what women do in Football changerooms.

Also Pretty sure there'd be 100's of thousands of women the world over that would gladly state that 'they too like the camera's in Football dressing rooms' & getting to see bare chested male players or even some with a towel or in their reg grundy's walking around.

& so i suppose Dibo, you'd be suitably 'unimpressed' with these uncouth women
- for simply admiring the male form :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dibo

I get that it's going to be a bloke, and if you read my post and the list of possible names I posted you would've worked that out.

And Rowdy, you're right; I'm no more impressed by women objectifying blokes than I am blokes objectifying women.

style_cafe

Agree, but I think Mulvey would've been on the same coin as Walmsley, as it was only because of his refusal to spend the cap that Mulvey 'pied' MC.

I think after MC wiped the cream from his face, he realised he most likely was going to to get same response from other coaches about not spending the full cap
..... so went with TW instead - to 'save face', both publicly and from further pies.

I think a coach that has an taken a team to the semis one season, then improved that the next season to win the championship & the premiership would command a higher fee than a successful youth league coach.

midfielder

As much as TW needed to shout to the world in the match against GG we are back ... The Mariners need to shout to the Football community we are back.

MC said at a Fans forum last year and on the podcast FFA would not allow him to move the license if we failed on the Coast essentially FFA would take back the license and locate it as they see fit.

With this in mind, new media deals on the horizon, marquee funds, guest players, hard ball with the Nux,

Every club when they signed a license extension agreed to met certain performance criteria, essentially around crowds, ratings, football development, memberships etc.

MC said on both times in the forum and the podcast the COE was our insurance policy ..

My gut tells me somewhere along the way FFA have had a word to us and said don't go even close to last year, which makes me think we will get an experienced coach for the least possible money...

Mulvey of the locals appears to logical choice but Style above said a Martin Allen an English coach that could be right as MC and the other English folk would know him .

I think we will get a decent appointment but as I said my gut tells me FFA have discussions with us .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred