• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who should be the coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Al

All sound good. Seems a better field than wha TW beat.

Most importantly no one that people are against having.

shipwreck

Kinda frustrating and deflating when I you think that most if not all of these guys were available when we did the initial "world wide talent search" for a coach before landing with TW.....

pjennings

So the 6 are Vidmar, Pappas, Herbert, Mori and Hudson and Dickov.

Dickov does not inspire confidence - but the others look ok.

I really think that Herbert seems the safe choice, and after out last couple of managers that is probably a good thing and that is who I expect to see. He seems to fit the good media, getting the best out of limited squad profile we are looking at.

After that Mori and Tony Vidmar (with the rumour of an extra assistant in Mile Sterjovski) while both risks have Mariners ties and both play a good style of play.

Wombat

Dickov was a good player but his coaching record is poor.

I think Hudson is the best candidate but feel Herbert is the best fit.

Mori and Vidmar are untested and therefore a risk.

Why is Papas even on the short list?

If it's up to Harry he will recommend Hudson, I think.

Ancient Mariner

I think it is Tribulex who is the mysterious number 6 on the short list.

I heard Hudson was in the running but obviously was given a bum steer.

Disappointed.:(

Atomic

Quote from Ray Gatt on twitter...
"I can reveal that the Mariners recently sounded out former Man U, Spurs and England striker Teddy Sheringham for coaching job at club"
"However asking price beyond Mariners . Paul Dickov remains firmly in sights as next coach."

Forum Phoenix

Good experience as a player to be sure. But I don't see the advantage of hiring Dickov over Mori or Herbert or really any of the other coaches short listed. Doesn't know the league and has precious little time. His record as a coach is not inspiring (though he could still be a very good coach). His appointment will not get the media off our back or inspire like I think Mori or Herbert could. On the contrary, appoint him over one of the Aussie candidates and it will be one more thing they will tear into us about - though of course we're entitled to hire whoever we want to. But he does prefer 442 Wombat ;) (Not many of those left in the modern game)

localpom

Quote from Ray Gatt on twitter...
"I can reveal that the Mariners recently sounded out former Man U, Spurs and England striker Teddy Sheringham for coaching job at club"
"However asking price beyond Mariners . Paul Dickov remains firmly in sights as next coach."
Great player Teddy but not sure why his asking price is beyond us as he has really done nothing at coaching level. Think he has the ability to become a good coach, was always an intelligent player.

Luca Brasi

Gatt in todays Australian says the club is prepared to pay $150 - $180k for the new gaffer.
Moss was on $150k.
Poppa was reportedly on $400k (before he won the ACL)
Arnold is reportedly on $600k.
If the candidate list is as reported, I would pick Herbert for his A League and international experience.
Mori - senior experience limited to SASL and Adelaide City; Tribulietx - manager of Auckland City since 2010 and has been to 5 World Club Cups, coming 3rd in 2014. Pappas - senior experience in VPL and Indian league, scum assistant coach; Vidmar - Joeys U/17 coach, no senior experience; Dickov - has had two 18 month periods in the lower leagues of England before he was sacked both times.
Sort of comes down to anyone but Dickov now, lets hope Arry doesn't owe him any favours.

localpom

Gatt in todays Australian says the club is prepared to pay $150 - $180k for the new gaffer.
Moss was on $150k.
Poppa was reportedly on $400k (before he won the ACL)
Arnold is reportedly on $600k.
If the candidate list is as reported, I would pick Herbert for his A League and international experience.
Mori - senior experience limited to SASL and Adelaide City; Tribulietx - manager of Auckland City since 2010 and has been to 5 World Club Cups, coming 3rd in 2014. Pappas - senior experience in VPL and Indian league, scum assistant coach; Vidmar - Joeys U/17 coach, no senior experience; Dickov - has had two 18 month periods in the lower leagues of England before he was sacked both times.
Sort of comes down to anyone but Dickov now, lets hope Arry doesn't owe him any favours.
It's a good stepping stone for a young coach. Shame if Hudson isn't in the mix as he would be the standout for me. Any of the above would be better than what we have had since Arnie left IMO. Dickov would at least get us fired up, so I wouldn't discount him. I still lean towards Mori and maybe Tribulietx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred