• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

'Who do we sing for?'

Part_Timer

ahhhhh smells like jelousy...not much to sing about when your not premiers????

every song has been done by some club some where in the world so wake up troll

ForzaJets

Blatanly took our Colchester song (which of course we took from the U's) after we outsung you guys with it last week. Typical.

Shooter25

aussiecross said:
ahhhhh smells like jelousy...not much to sing about when your not premiers????

every song has been done by some club some where in the world so wake up troll

Lol jealously my ass.

The point is that given the Marinators are probably the worst support group in this country to blatantly copy we something we bothered to adapt ourselves is just embarassing.

If you can't get off your asses and find an original or something to adapt well you've got a lot of thinking to do, premiers or not.

Bear

"Godzilla", mmmm, you'll keep, Bear.

If you permit me to sing this song, I'll sing whichever bloody way you want (I am NOT precious about songs, and this one could be massive).

I'm sitting on the corner hill this Sunday with young Zac, and I reckon if I start this (with pre-match co-ordination with Dibo and Comrade Club Captain), it could be excellent.

I am unbelievably happy that this was sung at the club, that gives me goose bumps. It was GREAT when sung at the Australia-Iraq game, and as for the other clubs accusing us of plagiarism, GO AND GET WELL AND TRULY STUFFED!!!

So, could someone write the entire preferred lyrics here please, I'll get the cadence from the YouTube clip, and off we go (you know I'm a nutter and I will be practising this at home. Poor wife!!!).

Regards, and are you as thrilled as me about the prospect of Bangkok, Phuket, Ho Chi Minh, or, dream on, Eden Gardens in Kolkata???

Auburn

dibo

ForzaJets said:
Blatanly took our Colchester song (which of course we took from the U's) after we outsung you guys with it last week. Typical.

what song would that be?

GZ said:
Just a question?

Where did you first hear this chant?

youtube - the file linked in the OP.

Edit: was first floated on our old forum on the 22nd June last year.

We've done it a few times with varying success.

I've actually never heard the SCC do it (and i've been to a few sydney games not involving the mariners, including the match on the weekend). some folks did do it at the olyroos game, but nicking songs from a NT crew is hardly new or a hanging offence...

[cough]

'syd-ney-fc...
na na na na na na na...
na na na na na na na...
na na na na na na na...'

Sean

dibo said:
Bearinator said:
brett said:
How good does the trumpet sound with the clapping part? Even if the trumpeter isn't the best at keeping up.

Can't wait to help out with this version. dibo - I see this as a chant aubs should still have an influence in, I'd say meet up with him before the game and go through it with him.

I will bring this thread to Godzilla's attention when he is awake brett, so he can watch the clip and knows what the G.O. is. 2 bays singing this song in a PACKED scumville stadium, oooohhhhh its sending shivers already

WHO DO WE SING FOR???

i think auburn's a good one to kick it off - there's something about raw power in that...

just need to get the pace right.

well thats my theory, that instead of saying Mariners, say Coasties, it would work better for pace and suit the song.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred