• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

'Who do we sing for?'

dibo

I really like this song because it's got some cracking potential to it, but if we're going to do it, I reckon we need to pick up the pace and hold it more consistently - it's very stilted and tuneless at the moment. With a tune it runs itself, without it has to wait for the lead.

We already have songs that go into 'ole, ole ole ole' too, so it'd be nice to change the mix a little.

The original RC Lens version goes like this:

We have words already, no problem there:

Lead - who do we sing for?

Response - we sing for coasties!

If we pick up the pace and keep it at a consistent tempo, it means the drums can help guide the pace a little more we can do things like having bays calling to each other, which would be a little easier on the leaders' voices too. They'd only have to lead it out once or twice and then let it roll from there.

FFC Mariner

Eventually and the response has to be mega passionate too. Last night was v emotional and it was sung with "some feeling" let me say.

Jimmy

I cant stand that ole version, it makes me cringe, and it's way to slow at the moment too.

ill try and organise some of the people that know how to sing it and hopefully it carries on from there.

dibo

the 'who do we bloody sing for' bit makes my blood freeze.

pace and pep, pretty please.

if a crew starts singing it and just keeps rolling it on, people will catch on.

Sean

Could we please change the Who do we sing for, instead of MARINERS! say COASTIE(S)!

would sound much better in a chant than saying the full Mariners, seeing we are taking off Sydney's chant and the Aussie chant at the Olyroos. Both ending in EEEE.

brett

How good does the trumpet sound with the clapping part? Even if the trumpeter isn't the best at keeping up.

Can't wait to help out with this version. dibo - I see this as a chant aubs should still have an influence in, I'd say meet up with him before the game and go through it with him.

Davo

Everyone should watch the clip above that Dibo posted.  The more people we can get with that tune in their head the better it will turn out.

Dibo, u suggesting we go with their clapping tune on the clip?

'Ohh Ohh Ohh Ohh Da Da Da Da, Ohh Ohh Ohh Ohh Da Da Da Da, Ohh Ohh Ohh Ohh Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da' <--- Sorry if thats a poor attempt at putting sounds to words

mariners4ever

and maybe if we did use that version serious, we could even use

CHAMPIONES, CHAMPIONES, OLE OLE OLE....

instead of ole ole ole ole ole

thoughts ??

Bear

brett said:
How good does the trumpet sound with the clapping part? Even if the trumpeter isn't the best at keeping up.

Can't wait to help out with this version. dibo - I see this as a chant aubs should still have an influence in, I'd say meet up with him before the game and go through it with him.

I will bring this thread to Godzilla's attention when he is awake brett, so he can watch the clip and knows what the G.O. is. 2 bays singing this song in a PACKED scumville stadium, oooohhhhh its sending shivers already

WHO DO WE SING FOR???

dibo

Bearinator said:
brett said:

I will bring this thread to Godzilla's attention when he is awake brett, so he can watch the clip and knows what the G.O. is. 2 bays singing this song in a PACKED scumville stadium, oooohhhhh its sending shivers already

WHO DO WE SING FOR???

i think auburn's a good one to kick it off - there's something about raw power in that...

just need to get the pace right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred