• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Which Title is better? HAVE YOUR SAY!

which A-league title is more important

• A-league

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Series

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

marconigirl

furns said:
RADINHO said:
Joke

Q: Why wasn't there a full house at SFS

A: since scum only realised they got into finals the welfare took to long for them.
Thats funny - so whats your excuse for selling less tickets when you had a week more of sale time?

Maybe because the central Coast is what a third? if that of Newcastle... (hence of course there might be less tickets..)
I would say that there probably wasn't many people walking around the streets of the Central Coast on Sunday, most were in Sydney...

serious14

furns said:
everyone on here was all for winning the OneRing before last night, and now its like no one ever wanted to win it

Some of us (more traditional in some ways I s'pose) don't agree with that sentiment Furns...... I (and my girlfriend) for one treated yesterday more as a 'cup final day' then a true title decider.  Super Sunday was for us, the real title fight.  My only disappointment from yesterday was how delightfully sh*t the Mariners were.  Oh, and losing to you lot.  That is never good.  ;)

pjennings

As a traditonalist I prefer the premiership. However a loss to Newcastle in the GF is pretty galling. I might not feel so bad today if it was Adelaide or Queensland. 

crooksey

Taylor said:
Premiership TBH. Not just saying that because we lost the GF. The premiership is better as it shows we were the best team during the course of the season.

Premiers: Winners of 21 weeks.

Champions: Winners of 90 minutes.

agree with that 100%

when our league is expanded i'd prefer to see the season go a little longer and scrap the finals series and then introduce a (league or fa cup type) knockout tournament

still wish we had one both so we could have the bragging rights...but some how doubt the grand final will be remembered by many ppl for the right reasons after tonights news

ryan

Only once in three seasons has the best team actually won the Grand Final - that being last year with Melbourne. Adelaide were the best team in Season 1 and the Mariners were in Season 3. That's what makes a Premiership more important than a Grand Final win. It gives due recognition to the best team in the competition. A Grand Final is a lottery in which either team can win. At the moment half of our competition qualify for the finals series meaning the team that finished 4th can be crowned champions no matter how many points below 1st they finished.

furns

rosko said:
furns said:
For christs sake this whole thread smacks of "well if we didnt win it it doesnt mean anything".
Like I posted in the Jets colours thread, everyone on here was all for winning the OneRing before last night, and now its like no one ever wanted to win it.

Enough of the talk of the 'onering'... You aren't hobbits up there. Gollum... Maybe!

'The OneRing'... you have to be kidding.. I used to think that being the 'toiletseat' was bad enough.. You guys have gone a step further!
That was just a moniker I invented because the Dunny Seat was getting all the usual toilet references in here - like I posted earlier - sore loser talk from some quarters.
Am gratified that this wasnt filled with the usual sh*te responses and people actually getting involved in a discussion.
Oh and just to clarify I am from the Hunter but I currently live in Sydney - so I am actually down there not up there :p
And in a football traditionalist sense I agree the Prem is more prestigious - if it has the history. However our comp is not constructed like that. Our comp is basically an amalgamation of a premiership and cup comp with two awards given out.
I actually agree that the finals series should be scrapped medium term in favour of a FA cup style comp incorporating state leagues however at the moment that is the way the comp is constructed. And a trophy is a trophy however it is achieved.

Accustoms

Ive won three premierships and three grand finals. (1 double). Premierships are great but GF is most satisfying. Any year with silverware is a successful year.
PS african scams are making it rich!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
its FIRST PAST THE POST for mine....same as every other football comp on the face of the earth, we only have the semi's and GF because its been pounded into our minds by the NRL and AFL....I said to my uncle in Maastricht the  other week, we are going to the Grand final....he said and i quote.."the what? but you said you won already"

RADINHO

ok thx for your opinions and comments i thought a few of us, i included would be bias after losing 1 match that writes us off for being 2nd place

thomas477

Pretty stupid thread, all ccm fans will go for the premiership however if they won the GF, they would be saying the GF

Gopher of Pern

Not quite true.

There would still be some saying Premiership is more important, in fact there have been several posts BEFORE the GF stating such beliefs

But yes, you probably would get more going for the GF if we won it.

bigd3678

They are both important in different ways ,but your kidding yourself if you think the premiership means more than the GF
Ask yourselves , why would their be a finals series if the preimership trophy was the one that counted ??
hmm to win the premiership by one goal in a competition with only 8 teams , not exactly a huge acomplishment in comparison to some overseas leagues
your plate is a consolation prize , enjoy it
This whole thread reeks of sore losers

Mattsy

RADINHO said:
Joke

A: since scum only realised they got into finals the welfare took to long for them.

Funny that, we actually sold out before you lot..

And you see, in the end newcastle did win more games then the central coast

12 - 11.

The Finals series obviously.

Say, in comparison to any league, be it the EPL.. You don't say "Arsenal were the better team because they won the premiership" No, you say Man United WERE the best because they won the Grand Final.

No one remembers the second place at the end of the season, sad to say.

skilbeck

Mattsy said:
RADINHO said:
Joke

Funny that, we actually sold out before you lot..

And you see, in the end newcastle did win more games then the central coast

12 - 11.

The Finals series obviously.

Say, in comparison to any league, be it the EPL.. You don't say "Arsenal were the better team because they won the premiership" No, you say Man United WERE the best because they won the Grand Final.

No one remembers the second place at the end of the season, sad to say.

how come in Europe, the ECL and UEFA spots are determined mostly, if not completely, by the teams position in the premiership?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred