• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Which Title is better? HAVE YOUR SAY!

which A-league title is more important

• A-league

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Series

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RADINHO

OK lets not be bias coz we won the regular season but this is based on importance and here are the reasons for each contender.

A-league( 21 seasons ):

Positives:

+more consistent, not based on luck in one game like grand final.

Negatives:

+N/A

Finals Series:

Positives:

+Remembered for being the best team of the season.

Negatives:

+Not consistent

So have your say and as Jade North says jets came first while coming second on the table?

skilbeck

PREMIERSHIP

my decision is based on the fact that you cant decide the major prize for a low scoring game such as football on one game, whereas a trend is going to occur in a premiership meaning the best team will win and teams will be more appropriately ranked. In Australia we have games such as RL, RU and AFL which became popular before football did and they are all high scoring affairs which means the better side on the day is more often than not the rightful winner whereas in football the better side on the day may not win rightfully but over many rounds a trend will develop which will have the best side on top and the sides will be appropriately ranked.

fedelta

Premiership TBH. Not just saying that because we lost the GF. The premiership is better as it shows we were the best team during the course of the season.

Premiers: Winners of 21 weeks.

Champions: Winners of 90 minutes.

skilbeck

also it is important to note that in most countries it is difficult to get the league and cup double meaning there are some teams geared towards consistency and some teams that are geared towards these one off games. I can assure you if we played the Jets 10 times over the next 10 weeks with both squads full strength atm I reckon we would win 4-6 out of 10 times

Omni

James is right, they both mean a lot, but the Premiership is the one I'd rather have. If it didn't qualify for Asia it'd be a different story.

bjw

bjw
Hmm
Intresting
Winning the premiership is great and all

but the grand final day is something I look forward to every year, the best celebrations etc..

Oh well, were still going to Asia

Omni

The Grand Final is practically our cup final, of course you want to win it, but you'd rather win the league, most coaches & players have said the Premiership is a bigger deal.

SNOWMARINER

While I'm still absolutly devestated at yesterday's result and do think that winning the GF is icing on the cake winning the Premiership is a far better indicator of consistancy and depth of a team and the reason why it is regarded so highly in overseas competitions.

What would have been the result if we had a full squad, Tommy 100% fit, Nik and Heff yesterday?

I dare say we would have cleaned up.

In reality the Premiership is more important as it allows qualification to Asia while the GF winner plays the lottery of one game to gain their place.

Can't wait to see our team compete in the ACL and one thing that cheers me up after the officiating discrace that denied us yesterday.

Marinerchick

well at the moment im tihnking premeirs because we got the first asia spot
but would of loved to win the toilet seat
hopefully it will be ours soon enough

Omni

And if J. Griffiths was suspended like he should have been, we wouldn't have been been playing Newcastle!

Kimba

Have to say the Premiership is the most important for me. That's not to say that I wasn't completely gutted yesterday at the SFS. I think in Australia we expect a final's series due growing up with NRL, AFL etc. It's great to see that the Premiership means a hell of a lot more in the A-league (Asian qualification) than it does in the other codes. You'd have to be mad to base your whole season on one game.

RADINHO

Omni said:
And if J. Griffiths was suspended like he should have been, we wouldn't have been been playing Newcastle!

i no ay doing worse than danny and wat did he get for a suspension?

lol 1 man team and by the way like in a different post just like johns retired then newcastle became crap aswell lol griffo is probably a crack head just like johns

RADINHO

Joke

Q: Why wasn't there a full house at SFS

A: since scum only realised they got into finals the welfare took to long for them.

Omni

james_sfc said:
Omni said:
playin us instead  ;)

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

oh sorry, you were serious, umm no.

marconigirl

I would say Premiers, because it shows we were consistant throughout the season, and didn't just have 1 good game... (or lucky break as the Jets got last night)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred