• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Which Title is better? HAVE YOUR SAY!

which A-league title is more important

• A-league

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Series

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

skilbeck

james_sfc said:
Omni said:
james_sfc said:
Omni said:
And if J. Griffiths was suspended like he should have been, we wouldn't have been been playing Newcastle!
playin us instead  ;)

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

oh sorry, you were serious, umm no.
:thumbup:

All fairness Id rather you got to the grand final than them. But that means you would have to have beaten QLD

skilbeck

RADINHO said:
Omni said:
And if J. Griffiths was suspended like he should have been, we wouldn't have been been playing Newcastle!

i no ay doing worse than danny and wat did he get for a suspension?

lol 1 man team and by the way like in a different post just like johns retired then newcastle became crap aswell lol griffo is probably a crack head just like johns

Wouldnt surprise and ive also heard rumors that Hollands a stoner. Guess that is looked highly upon in Newcastle

serious14

In all honesty, the league.  Look at Melbourne last year - their winning the title with 6 (or whatever it was) rounds to go said it all about their season.  The 6-0 was just one of those things, and I can't see it happening again for a while.

The Grand Final is semi luck, semi skill, and a whole lot of........ not quite sure.  "Just one of those things" y'know??

League - Consistency over a season
Cup/Finals Series - Big game-ness

Newcastle = Australia's Liverpool??  :p

fedelta

skilbeck said:
RADINHO said:
Omni said:

i no ay doing worse than danny and wat did he get for a suspension?

lol 1 man team and by the way like in a different post just like johns retired then newcastle became crap aswell lol griffo is probably a crack head just like johns

Wouldnt surprise and ive also heard rumors that Hollands a stoner. Guess that is looked highly upon in Newcastle

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole team were stoners. They probably celebrated with a big session.

rosko

It has to be the Premiership! 21 games v 1 game... Come on! 1 bad day can't count against the whole season!

fedelta

I don't know why they need the toilet seat. They don't even have toilets up there. They generally dispose of their refuse in someones front garden like a dog.

T

[/quote]

Well he is known as Junkie Joel :naughty:

kepo

skilbeck said:
james_sfc said:
Omni said:
james_sfc said:
Omni said:
playin us instead  ;)

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

oh sorry, you were serious, umm no.
:thumbup:

All fairness Id rather you got to the grand final than them. But that means you would have to have beaten QLD
:ashamed:

skilbeck

yes i for one would. But it does provide an interesting debate of footballing tradition vs Australian sporting tradition and the need to reconcile the 2 to keep both footballing purists and converts happy. Im not saying im not pissed off that we lost yesterday, in all honesty id be over the moon with any or all of the trophies on offer in a given season, im just saying in my personal ranking it goes ACL, premiership, GF, head to head against rivals: Sydney and scum and finally Preseason cup

Teddy Bear

The grand final is the one everyone remembers. What was more memorable to the average football supporter: Sydney winning the grand final or Adelaide winning the premiership in V1?

LFCMariners

skilbeck said:
PREMIERSHIP

my decision is based on the fact that you cant decide the major prize for a low scoring game such as football on one game, whereas a trend is going to occur in a premiership meaning the best team will win and teams will be more appropriately ranked. In Australia we have games such as RL, RU and AFL which became popular before football did and they are all high scoring affairs which means the better side on the day is more often than not the rightful winner whereas in football the better side on the day may not win rightfully but over many rounds a trend will develop which will have the best side on top and the sides will be appropriately ranked.

Agree 100%. My only hope is that from next year on, winning the Premiership is given the media attention it deserves. What the Australian media have to realise is that in every other football League in the world, the team who finishes #1 on the ladder are seen as the Champions. Grand Final winners are seen as Cup Winners. Hence why in the EPL, for instance, clubs make such a fus about "winning the double."

LFCMariners

Teddy Bear said:
The grand final is the one everyone remembers. What was more memorable to the average football supporter: Sydney winning the grand final or Adelaide winning the premiership in V1?

The reason for this is because 1 game fits easier into a highlights package than one season. As I say, my biggest concern is that Lawrie gets the boys to the Premiership next year, and then we'll worry about the GF after that.

furns

RADINHO said:
Joke

Q: Why wasn't there a full house at SFS

A: since scum only realised they got into finals the welfare took to long for them.
Thats funny - so whats your excuse for selling less tickets when you had a week more of sale time?
For christs sake this whole thread smacks of "well if we didnt win it it doesnt mean anything".
Like I posted in the Jets colours thread, everyone on here was all for winning the OneRing before last night, and now its like no one ever wanted to win it.
A trophy is a trophy lads and lasses, you have yours, we have ours. Both required effort and scoring to attain, and will require the same again to keep.
Be gallant in defeat - the true football fans on here will know what that means. However for the rest of you, I look forward to the four or five pages of ridiculousness that is bound to follow - I bet it all has to do with bogans/centrelink/other crap some usually spout when they have no salient points to make in a discussion.

Mariner Girl

The Premiership means you have been the most consistant team all year (even though were was only 1 goal in it).

Unfortuately in all the FOX promos for V4 and during the season, what do you think they will continually show time and bloody time again? - Newcastle with the Toilet Seat!  :vomit:

In our hearts of hearts we know we've had a great season and are going to Asia which was the Nbr 1 goal for the Mariners.  :pirashoot:

Timmyv

They both are a Great thing to win.

BUT as i have said before its First past the Post for me.

But yet again seeing Australia seems to love this america style Grand Final series and i cant see it changing anytime soon the GF is up there.

So im for both. Taking the Double is what its all about i guess haha

rosko

furns said:
For christs sake this whole thread smacks of "well if we didnt win it it doesnt mean anything".
Like I posted in the Jets colours thread, everyone on here was all for winning the OneRing before last night, and now its like no one ever wanted to win it.

Enough of the talk of the 'onering'... You aren't hobbits up there. Gollum... Maybe!
I don't know that I have seen anyone say 'we don't want to win it'! Most, obviously, are saying that the premiership means more. A season of results against those of a few weeks of finals football. Newcastle won... We know... You guys have your 'OneRing'! We have the plate.. I wanted to win both, we didn't. The plate means more, it always will. We are going to Asia! That is all that matters, nothing else.
'The OneRing'... you have to be kidding.. I used to think that being the 'toiletseat' was bad enough.. You guys have gone a step further!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred