• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Whats the Story with Nicky Travis?

Wombat

I think he was not used to playing with professional players with the skill levels of 11yo kids.

Clearly frustrated at times.

A decent coach would have had WeeMac and Travis carving up the opposition.

You'd need to be related to Jesus to get Porter and Bojic carving up anyone.

Wombat said:
bulldogmariner said:
Travis has be woeful for 6 to 8 weeks now. As soon as it got hot these imports have turned to rubbish. Only game we did well in the heat this season was against Fury and the score flattered us. Travis turns the ball over too cheaply and thinks he the white Pele. He didn't make it not only at Sheffield United but a host of lower league clubs in UK. The signing of imports needs to be looked at for next season. Lower league english players will only come here if not playing first team football and thats the rubbish we have now. McGlinchey, Travis, Crowell and Brown are no better than Bojic, Porter or Heffernan otherwise they would be playing League 1 in england and first team football.

That ignorant and ill-informed post sums up what is wrong with CCM.
Too many people involved in the club...especially the coaching staff.....have only a rudimentary understanding of Football.

That is the most ill-informed, un-educated post ever..What creds do you have?

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
Yeah, being on loan with all those superstars at Chesterfield must have really opened his eyes

and how ironic is that

pedj played at a higher level in the UK than travis has ever achieved

bjw

bjw
Wombat said:
I think he was not used to playing with professional players with the skill levels of 11yo kids.

Clearly frustrated at times.

A decent coach would have had WeeMac and Travis carving up the opposition.

You'd need to be related to Jesus to get Porter and Bojic carving up anyone.

:piano: :goodpost: :postcount: :thumbup: :tophat: :tv: :pirashoot: :headbounce: :pirate: :eek:verhead: :vhappy: :goodpost: :piano: :postcount:

Part_Timer

1251835092_spt_ai_burton_v_chesterfield_08.jpg

special looking blokes

Wombat

Part_Timer said:
unlike your wealth of football knowledge..??

I'm not the one making bizarre statements about our imports and the respective quality of Bojic and Porter.

I'm not claiming to know everything about Footy but have been playing it since I was 7 and watching it for that long also. 
It gives you a basic understanding of whats good and what aint.  I'm sure some of you are deeper thinkers than me, however my 11yo has more Football incite than some of the people that have posted on this site.

The Mariners have played terrible Football for most of the season.

Our squad is mostly average and we have quite a few players that no other club would want.

On top of that LM selections at times have been baffling.

FFC Mariner

To be fair I reckon Huke would have gone ok for us if he hadnt got injured and for the brief cameo's he makes, Doig is ok (last week notwithstanding)

Wombat

I find your pack mentality amusing.

Take your head out of the sand boys and take off the rose coloured glasses.

Try talking to other people that actually play Football and ask their opinions on CCM.

You might be suprised what people actually think.

Wombat said:
Part_Timer said:

I'm not the one making bizarre statements about our imports and the respective quality of Bojic and Porter.

I'm not claiming to know everything about Footy but have been playing it since I was 7 and watching it for that long also. 
It gives you a basic understanding of whats good and what aint.  I'm sure some of you are deeper thinkers than me, however my 11yo has more Football incite than some of the people that have posted on this site.

The Mariners have played terrible Football for most of the season.

Our squad is mostly average and we have quite a few players that no other club would want.

On top of that LM selections at times have been baffling.

You are critical of the coaching "staff"!! What sort of coaching licence and or coaching experience at any level do you have..If you were that goose that wrote the letter to the editor a few weeks beck in the local rag, that will do me..

Wombat

FFC Mariner said:
Yeah, being on loan with all those superstars at Chesterfield must have really opened his eyes

What does it say about our squad the player you are putting shit on is superior to the players you defend each week and who let us down most weeks.

FFC Mariner

Travis has played 4 or 5 decent 60 min shifts for us at best. The GC game at home and Melb away 2nd half come to mind immediately.

He is incapable of handling a 90 minute game of football in our climate (by his own admission)

No one is actually denying that he is surrounded by some very average footballers either.

His contract ends this year and Boogs got picked up by another HAL side before he did, as did Heff. No one in UK has come in to rescue him either (so far in this window).

My point is you measure the strength of a side by how many would be picked up by SFC/GC/MV. I would suggest that only Danny, Wilko, possibly Wee Mac would be snapped up by those 3.

Wombat

111 said:
Wombat said:
Part_Timer said:

Coached both my kids teams. Have coached AA4 and AA6 in KDSA and over 35's on the Coast.
Captained or been asked to captain most teams i've played it.
Average player but can tell the difference between shit and clay.
I have no badged qualifications...and don't have the time to change that.
Why would i write to the paper you muppet.
Travis and WeeMac were excellent imports that would have excelled elsewhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred