• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Whats the Story with Nicky Travis?

Wombat

Is LM making Travis his scapegoat for a poor season 5 campaign?

We were told he was out with a Virus last week but people said they saw him out and about and he was fine.

This week he doesn't even make the bench but legends like Clarke, Porter, Bojic and Kwasnik do.
Lawrie is obviously not picking his sides on ability.

Yes he had a poor game before he was dropped but so did most of his team mates.  Prior to that he was a very welcome revelation.

Is he injured or is Lawrie doing another Gumpy routine?
???

Sym

I had a dream were I had like 7 dogs, and my fav one named Travis was missing and I rly wanted to find him.

this may have nothing to do with anything : )

Gopher of Pern

It's funny how people think because Lawrie doesn't pick their favourite player means that he isn't doing the best for the team.

Yes Travis has ability, but if his heart isn't in it, why should he get picked?

Note that I do not know how training has gone, nor the real reason why he hasn't been picked, but assuming that Travis is the best player for the team atm is going a bit far.

bikinigirl

. its a fair enough question, although the way the first post is phrased is 'typical' wombat

. its all the speculation that is killing me, nobody really knows but the value the fans place on travis means it is constantly discussed

. its really frustrating considering our current on field ... umm ... achievements

pjennings

I heard that Travis was offered a two-year deal around 6-8 weeks ago. From all accounts he was not exactly jumping at the chance. Maybe the kid thinks he can do better - certainly looks to have potential.

However - he is 22 and still hasn't got regular time anywhere. If it is an attitude problem then he needs to prove himself somewhere.

bikinigirl

pjennings said:
I heard that Travis was offered a two-year deal around 6-8 weeks ago. From all accounts he was not exactly jumping at the chance. Maybe the kid thinks he can do better - certainly looks to have potential.

. i thought this may have been the case ... and maybe instituted a 'work to rule' situation to show his displeasure ???

tyson

pjennings said:

However - he is 22 and still hasn't got regular time anywhere. If it is an attitude problem then he needs to prove himself somewhere.

My mate told me about him not being impressed with the offer. Not sure where I heard it from though.

He looked like he was really enjoying himself at the open training session for members the other week.

tyson

Razorback said:
Not accepting the deal and then no game time? Did this happen to Sasho? Sounds horribly familar to me

Sure hope not. Travis is my favourite Mariner of all time.

tyson

poko said:
Will repeat, he is sick.

Did read before the repeat, but I still hope there is nothing going on - with the apparent bad attitude and declining of a new contract...

FFC Mariner

Regardless of the illness story that is going around, the facts remain.

Not happy with contract offer
Form slumps
Left out of side
Seen out and about with said virus

Whatever the real story is, its not good is it?

Forum Phoenix

What Poko said twice.

I can't help but find it a little ironic that we want the club to communicate more with us... but when they say a player is sick we don't believe them and then start assuming the worst.

Must have a bad attitude... or my personal fav... Coach is making him a scapegoat!
lol

"Ach, its that wee Travis whose causin all the bother - if we didna have him, we'd a likely been premiers by nooow - its just like when wee Gumpy was playin - we just canna put a fooooot right with him arooound"

Scapegoat. *shakes head*

Wombat have you considered writing footabll espoinage novels?

Secret agent Andre had been stuck behind the wall for seven cold lonlely years.
Day by day, year by year his thoughts were only ever of one man...
And word on the forums was... that now he was at it again...

Gumpy ran his hands slowly over his Luger pistol... Before swivelling suddeny and letting a blaze of shots rip out into the cold desolte night...

"Just you wait McKinna. It'll take more than bloody Kwassie and Porter to stop me this time!!!"

8)

Travis has been sick.
After training... heavy vomiting etc... had to miss game and some training etc...
When seen out, was obviously well enough to go out and about... but not to play a game of professional football. You don't have to be bed ridden to not be well enough to play.

Also as to Tysons rumour re contract and Travis not being happy wiyth the offer... .  Well man management is a tricky thing, and though Wombat is clearly a tad bitter about Gumps... We have easily the best man maagers in our league in Lawrie and Lyall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred