• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Whats the Story with Nicky Travis?

tyson

Huke did play very hard the few times I have seen him play youth. Most players think that they are above it and don't give a rats ass. Huke was crunching a few of the guys in his tackles.

marinermick

tyson said:
Huke did play very hard the few times I have seen him play youth. Most players think that they are above it and don't give a rats ass. Huke was crunching a few of the guys in his tackles.

as opposed to travis' attitude when he played youth

shows the difference in professionalism and maturity between the two

tyson

Yeah... where you said he may have read the forum and thought he was awesome because we were saying he is, I really hope he is reading now and seeing how disappointed everyone is.

He obviously has a lot of potential, but even Lionel Messi doesn't think he is too good.

neverwozza

OK Ok we have established the guys a cock but part of a top line managers job is to manage egos. You don't think Sir Alex has managed his fair share of wankers? I think Lawrie's greatest weakness is that he freezes out quality players (Gumps comes to mind wombat) because he can't manage or motivate them but will play donkeys massively out of form if they toe the line.

Forum Phoenix

Wombat said:
I think he was not used to playing with professional players with the skill levels of 11yo kids.

Clearly frustrated at times.

A decent coach would have had WeeMac and Travis carving up the opposition.

You'd need to be related to Jesus to get Porter and Bojic carving up anyone.

This is just ridiculous.

I rate Travis, pretty sure everyone has said they do... but your so unbalanced in your opinions sometimes Wombat that you almost feel compelled to say he's just a hopeless whining prima donna just to try to bring some semblance of balance.

I do watch football, coach football, play football...
And the FACT is, Travis did some excellent things, and I think he showed promise, but also made many individual errors this season that were certainly not the fault of any one else around him, he struggled to play 90 minutes, lacked in consistency as he was clearly out of form for the latter part of the season before being dropped and then, by all reports, he has now showed a completely shit attitude once dropped... ie a lack of maturity as a professional player.

So lets just keep it in perspective before he gets added to our bullshit CCM wasted players list... Like Gumps, who was clearly at the end of his run, despite yes, his valued contributions. Sash who wanted two years... and has barely featured for NCJ this season - year one of his contract... Started ten, scored twice... and how much do you all honestly think he will play next season? Orrrrr... seem to remember a lot of people were trying to bloody canonize Caceres last year when we let him go...  and yet he's barely been able to get off the bench at Welly. AGAIN.

And then, how people think that you can pick someone like Jedinak out of the state league, but then also have absolutely no idea about who can and can't play football is just beyond me.

Sure Travis must be lord... It's all a conspiracy... Everyone at the club is stupid...

:headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt:

Forum Phoenix said:
Wombat said:
I think he was not used to playing with professional players with the skill levels of 11yo kids.

Clearly frustrated at times.

A decent coach would have had WeeMac and Travis carving up the opposition.

You'd need to be related to Jesus to get Porter and Bojic carving up anyone.

This is just ridiculous.

I rate Travis, pretty sure everyone has said they do... but your so unbalanced in your opinions sometimes Wombat that you almost feel compelled to say he's just a hopeless whining prima donna just to try to bring some semblance of balance.

I do watch football, coach football, play football...
And the FACT is, Travis did some excellent things, and I think he showed promise, but also made many individual errors this season that were certainly not the fault of any one else around him, he struggled to play 90 minutes, lacked in consistency as he was clearly out of form for the latter part of the season before being dropped and then, by all reports, he has now showed a completely shit attitude once dropped... ie a lack of maturity as a professional player.

So lets just keep it in perspective before he gets added to our bullshit CCM wasted players list... Like Gumps, who was clearly at the end of his run, despite yes, his valued contributions. Sash who wanted two years... and has barely featured for NCJ this season - year one of his contract... Started ten, scored twice... and how much do you all honestly think he will play next season? Orrrrr... seem to remember a lot of people were trying to bloody canonize Caceres last year when we let him go...  and yet he's barely been able to get off the bench at Welly. AGAIN.

And then, how people think that you can pick someone like Jedinak out of the state league, but then also have absolutely no idea about who can and can't play football is just beyond me.

Sure Travis must be lord... It's all a conspiracy... Everyone at the club is stupid...

:headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt:

That is a GREAT post!!!

MagpieMariner

Been thinking about this for a while now (and yes, it has made my head hurt real bad :) ), and I wonder whether the fact that Travis was signed for 1 year while WeeMac & Crowell were given 2 years, and so was Huke I think, is significant. Did the recruiting people see something we didn't at the beginning?
Maybe Travis himself only wanted 1 year. That could be the reason that we've heard nothing about a possible contract extension.

Wombat

neverwozza said:
OK Ok we have established the guys a cock but part of a top line managers job is to manage egos. You don't think Sir Alex has managed his fair share of wankers? I think Lawrie's greatest weakness is that he freezes out quality players (Gumps comes to mind wombat) because he can't manage or motivate them but will play donkeys massively out of form if they toe the line.

DING DING DING.

You hit the nail on the head.

priorpeter

Wombat said:
Part_Timer said:
unlike your wealth of football knowledge..??

Coached both my kids teams. Have coached AA4 and AA6 in KDSA and over 35's on the Coast.
Captained or been asked to captain most teams i've played it.
Average player but can tell the difference between shit and clay.
I have no badged qualifications...and don't have the time to change that.
Why would i write to the paper you muppet.
Travis and WeeMac were excellent imports that would have excelled elsewhere.

zomg wombat u r so kool plz teech me everyfink you kno about sokkah!!!11!

Wombat said:
FFC Mariner said:
Yeah, being on loan with all those superstars at Chesterfield must have really opened his eyes

What does it say about our squad the player you are putting shit on is superior to the players you defend each week and who let us down most weeks.

At least they show some f**king heart/want to play.

Wombat

priorpeter said:
Wombat said:
Part_Timer said:

Coached both my kids teams. Have coached AA4 and AA6 in KDSA and over 35's on the Coast.

Thank you.

BTW what is Soccer? ???

Wombat said:
FFC Mariner said:
Yeah, being on loan with all those superstars at Chesterfield must have really opened his eyes

What does it say about our squad the player you are putting shit on is superior to the players you defend each week and who let us down most weeks.

tyson

priorpeter said:
Wombat said:
Part_Timer said:

Wombat said:
FFC Mariner said:

Wombat... the new Kareem. "I'm captain in every team I play in"

~Floss~

Forum Phoenix said:

Great sentence.

But you did leave out that the guy who picked Jedinak out of the state league also sees the players daily, knows how they've been coping/performing at training, and gets to speak to them as well as some of the medical & sports science staff who assess them.

...But then we all have access to the wealth of information from official CCM press releases and the same mainstream media that is also available to opposition coaches in the lead-up to matches.

It's so much easier to say "WTF was he thinking", with the added benefit of hindsight, rather than "Hmmm... I wonder what he knew that we didn't"

Matt--Simon

dru said:
Apparently hip flexor injury at the moment

I seen him a tuggerah tonight after the game had been called off he seemed to be grabbing at his hip a fair bit and i seen him trying to stretching it a couple of times

Wombat

Travis would have carved the Scummers to bits in the second half.

Shame not to see him on but the kids did well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred