• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Whats The Score? - Ask the CCF thread

truesoccer

Luvsoccer.... Have been away on overseas assignment and just got back a day or so age. Have been catching up on the various threads. Agree with your questions to Geoff and other posters.
We must all stand up against those in power, local, state or federal. We are the biggest sport on the coast. We deserve an equal go. Just because media interests control other sports does not mean we should not have a say.

mariners4ever

hey,
for the under 18's competition, because of the various washouts, will it still be split into 2 comps in a few weeks ??? will be 6 and 7 or vice versa ???

concerned

Re Terrigal and Rugby League.
Have heard that GCC has done its usual in its protection of RL. Despite Terrigal Club presenting photos to Council Rangers and Council of RL 1st Grade players trashing the football (soccer) fields on the long weekend when the soccer fields were closed, GCC has stated there is not enough evidence to say the RL trashed the field. Someone has mentioned "corruption". Not saying it is but what would GCC accept as evidence?
On top of that I believe GCC are still going to kick DIV1 off Duffy's on 19/7 so RL can change their draw and play there.
Have GCC no concept of what is fair play? Even if the "C" word is inappropriate maybe the word "favourtism" is.

dibo

concerned said:
Have heard that GCC has done its usual in its protection of RL. Despite Terrigal Club presenting photos to Council Rangers and Council of RL 1st Grade players trashing the football (soccer) fields on the long weekend when the soccer fields were closed, GCC has stated there is not enough evidence to say the RL trashed the field. Someone has mentioned "corruption". Not saying it is but what would GCC accept as evidence?
On top of that I believe GCC are still going to kick DIV1 off Duffy's on 19/7 so RL can change their draw and play there.
Have GCC no concept of what is fair play? Even if the "C" word is inappropriate maybe the word "favourtism" is.

have heard? from whom? pseudonymous people citing unnamed sources have very little credibility to trade on.

CCF Chairman

concerned said:
Firstly I am not sticking up for Gosford Council - in fact I have had a number of meetings this week in relation to this.
Just to clear up a few misconceptions in your post:
1. The photos that I saw from Terrigal Club were only of the ground after the RL players had warmed up on it - not of the players actually being on the ground. Council actually asked that they do this if (or should I say when) it occurs in the future.
2. There has been no final decision as to Div 1. I have another meeting next week to try and work out a compromise so that the Div 1 matches can still be played, with either RL moving or both codes being played on the one day. It would mean the RL not being able to fence the field off as they normally do.
3. It is the matches that were set down on the field with dual posts that RL uses, that have had to be moved.

Despite all the allegations of favouritism and such from Gosford Council, we need to keep in mind that the number 2 field at Duffys Road is allocated to Rugby League every Sunday - Football only has use of it for training and on Saturdays. Again not terribly fair considering the number of teams that Terrigal have - and the fact that they actually paid for the dual posts that are on the ground that are now the property of Council, but that is something we have to live with at least for this year.

marinermick

Geoff, has there been any thought or discussion about converting one or possibly two of pluim's four pitches into synthetic surfaces such as the one at seymour shore park?

Of course there is an infrastructure cost involved but if the cost could be attained through government grants there could be plenty of benefits:

1. Lower maintenance costs
2. All weather surface that can be used in both rain and drought
3. Consistent, flat surface allowing good football to be played
4. Perfect surface for your summer sixes and training allowing the two turf pitches better recovery
5. Allows competition catch up games from other grounds

CCF Chairman

marinermick said:
Geoff, has there been any thought or discussion about converting one or possibly two of pluim's four pitches into synthetic surfaces such as the one at seymour shore park?

Of course there is an infrastructure cost involved but if the cost could be attained through government grants there could be plenty of benefits:

4. Perfect surface for your summer sixes and training allowing the two turf pitches better recovery

Yes Mick there has. The cost of the pitch at Seymour Shaw was just under $1million. My understanding that was primarily a sponsorship/donation from the company.

If we were able to obtain the full million dollars through grants and sponsorships then it would be a real possibility.

The FIFA two star standard pitch (same as Seymour Shaw) has a lifespan of about 10 years. That works out at $100,000 per year plus maintenance which is about the cost of maintaining the fields at present.

100% agreement with all of the benefits you mention, all of which have been discussed at length. The main problem is the initial capital investment.

marinermick

CCF Chairman said:
marinermick said:

Yes Mick there has. The cost of the pitch at Seymour Shaw was just under $1million. My understanding that was primarily a sponsorship/donation from the company.

If we were able to obtain the full million dollars through grants and sponsorships then it would be a real possibility.

The FIFA two star standard pitch (same as Seymour Shaw) has a lifespan of about 10 years. That works out at $100,000 per year plus maintenance which is about the cost of maintaining the fields at present.

100% agreement with all of the benefits you mention, all of which have been discussed at length. The main problem is the initial capital investment.

Thanks Geoff.

Wasn't aware that maintenance costs are the same and the lifespan of the pitch.

WELL INFORMED

looking at latest points table(below) even with some washed out games still to be played this weekend I would think  that it will be a 7  "A"  6  "B" split.

18AB
P W D L B GF GA GD PTS
KAN1 12 11 0 0 1 59 4 55 33
KIN 11 8 1 1 1 44 7 37 25
WYG 12 7 2 2 1 38 8 30 23
AVO 13 7 2 3 1 34 25 9 23
UMI 10 7 0 3 0 42 17 25 21
BER 11 6 2 2 1 24 8 16 20
TER 12 6 2 4 0 24 27 -3 20
KDS 10 3 0 7 0 15 29 -14 9
KAR 11 2 2 6 1 19 26 -7 8
KAN2 12 2 2 7 1 6 39 -33 8
GOS 13 2 1 9 1 12 59 -47 7
EGO 11 1 0 9 1 12 38 -26 3
BUD 11 1 0 10 0 8 50 -42 3

mariners4ever

WELL INFORMED said:
looking at latest points table(below) even with some washed out games still to be played this weekend I would think  that it will be a 7  "A"  6  "B" split.

18AB
P W D L B GF GA GD PTS
KAN1 12 11 0 0 1 59 4 55 33
KIN 11 8 1 1 1 44 7 37 25
WYG 12 7 2 2 1 38 8 30 23
AVO 13 7 2 3 1 34 25 9 23
UMI 10 7 0 3 0 42 17 25 21
BER 11 6 2 2 1 24 8 16 20
TER 12 6 2 4 0 24 27 -3 20
KDS 10 3 0 7 0 15 29 -14 9
KAR 11 2 2 6 1 19 26 -7 8
KAN2 12 2 2 7 1 6 39 -33 8
GOS 13 2 1 9 1 12 59 -47 7
EGO 11 1 0 9 1 12 38 -26 3
BUD 11 1 0 10 0 8 50 -42 3

thanks, so there will be no games this friday ?? what about gossie and avoca how did we end up playing 13 games when there is only 13 teams ( is it including the bye?) when it splits will the points be kept or go back to zero ??

WELL INFORMED

Only Under 18 games this friday as far as I know are a few washouts; EGO V KAR, KIN V TER, UMI V BER.

Table still doesn't look correct as all teams should end up having played 13 (12 plus bye) but even allowing for a few errors I still think it will be split as i suggested.

Points will carry forward to new comps.

mariners4ever

WELL INFORMED said:
Only Under 18 games this friday as far as I know are a few washouts; EGO V KAR, KIN V TER, UMI V BER.

Table still doesn't look correct as all teams should end up having played 13 (12 plus bye) but even allowing for a few errors I still think it will be split as i suggested.

Points will carry forward to new comps.

thanks for the reply, i would've thought they would've left the washouts or at least play them during the week/on a sunday, also i would think that going back to zero is better after some teams got some floggings from the top teams

marinermick

CCF Chairman said:
marinermick said:

good article on artificial turf here:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/something-funny-is-afoot-and-not-everyone-is-laughing-20090707-dbw3.html

touches on some of the issues you raise

offtheball

I strted to post this in the Geoff Rayner thread, but feel that it is inappropriate to have a go at CCF in that special thread.

It was said no mention of Geoff on the CCF site was curious it's not  curious it is simply disappointing.

It highlights a lack of effort from who ever is in charge of the CCF web site.

We are in the middle of the winter season and there has not been an up date of the site since July 20th. Surely there has been something newsworthy in this time.

I know there is now a reference to Geoff's passing but it seems someone has been shamed into action.

We haven't had a points update since June. Maybe there is a legit reason for this if so put it on the web site.

No I don't want to go and ring my club's delegate to ask the question. Why should he field 20 or 30 phone calls when information can be so easily distributed via the CCF web site.

Whatever happened to the much heralded Premier League Page?

Follower

offtheball said:
I strted to post this in the Geoff Rayner thread, but feel that it is inappropriate to have a go at CCF in that special thread.

It was said no mention of Geoff on the CCF site was curious it's not  curious it is simply disappointing.

We are in the middle of the winter season and there has not been an up date of the site since July 20th. Surely there has been something newsworthy in this time.

I know there is now a reference to Geoff's passing but it seems someone has been shamed into action.

We haven't had a points update since June. Maybe there is a legit reason for this if so put it on the web site.

No I don't want to go and ring my club's delegate to ask the question. Why should he field 20 or 30 phone calls when information can be so easily distributed via the CCF web site.

Mate you are 100% correct.  The reason is that CCF has 14000 players and 13,500 play local football but CCF is focused on rep football.  How else do you explain 6 fulltime staff and the draw and competition is managed by one guy at home (not his fault he is just the messenger). There can be no other answer.  The draws are a mess, no one knows where they are on a points table, The judicary is all over the place (we have a guy in my club that has tbc 2-12 weeks beside his name and who knows when they will even hear his case), Pluim Park is a disgrace (no canteen all year) and the website is a joke. 

Lets look at the finals this year.  Does anyone have any idea whats happening.  surely the plan would be on the CCF website, or the clubs might know but I spoke to someone at my club and they said they had no idea. 

Hopefully this new guy will get it sorted as I looked at the football Brisbane site and it seems organised and structured, but I dont like his chances with the board he has currently.  I cant belive all the clubs allow this to continue. 

FFC Mariner

Cluster f**k doesnt begin to describe relatively simple facets of running an organisation that CCF cant/wont do.

Pluim is a disgrace - no canteen FFS and just an embarrasssing eyesore

Website - why bother if you arent going to maintain it?

Bring on the CoE

grendel

offtheball said:

I wrote that post saying it was curious that CCF had not acknowledged the death of one of local football's hard working servants, but I deleted it when they eventually updated their website.  I also felt uncomfortable with it on the thread devoted to Geoff.  It is a crying shame!  Shame on CCF.

CCF Chairman

Follower said:
offtheball said:

Mate you are 100% correct.  The reason is that CCF has 14000 players and 13,500 play local football but CCF is focused on rep football.  How else do you explain 6 fulltime staff and the draw and competition is managed by one guy at home (not his fault he is just the messenger). There can be no other answer.  The draws are a mess, no one knows where they are on a points table, The judicary is all over the place (we have a guy in my club that has tbc 2-12 weeks beside his name and who knows when they will even hear his case), Pluim Park is a disgrace (no canteen all year) and the website is a joke. 

Lets look at the finals this year.  Does anyone have any idea whats happening.  surely the plan would be on the CCF website, or the clubs might know but I spoke to someone at my club and they said they had no idea. 

Hopefully this new guy will get it sorted as I looked at the football Brisbane site and it seems organised and structured, but I dont like his chances with the board he has currently.  I cant belive all the clubs allow this to continue. 

A number of issues raised here and I will attempt to answer them one by one.

Firstly, in relation to the passing of Geoff Rayner, the news was posted on the CCF website today (Monday), the same as it was on Gosford's own website. I was told the news myself late on Friday night. The full time CCF administrative staff dont work over the weekend, however they did put it on the website during the day, after they had been told the news. I apologise on the staff's behalf for it not being put up earlier in the day. It was hardly a case of being "shamed into doing it". Btw, I played against Gosford 35s on Saturday, observed a minutes silence before the match and wore a black armband myself as a mark of respect, which few if any of the other opposing players in any matches did. I will also be attending Geoff's funeral on Thursday both in a personal capacity and as a representative of CCF. So to have a sweeping, generalising swipe at everyone connected to CCF in relation to this, is also very disappointing and, to me, personally insulting. I am sure, though, that was not the intention of the comments.

Points tables, up to last Saturday, were sent to all of the clubs fixtures officers and secretaries today, together with an update for all washout matches and rounds to be played for the rest of the season for all Friday and Saturday competitions. The delay and difficulty is due to teams not advising scores to their fixtures officers who in turn cannot advise them to the drawmaster.

Not quite sure why there is any confusion regarding the finals matches. They will take place at the completion of the competition, which for most grades ends on 5 Sep. There was some discussion as to whether there would be finals played for 35s/45s because of the washout situation and the need to give preference to the juniors for matches, but this has not been necessary. There has been no draw released for the finals as yet because we have still not got all of the replies back from clubs wanting to host finals matches. Some clubs cant because their fields arent available in September and some dont want to.

The web site has already been acknowledged as a problem, both here and to the clubs at meetings. It has also been stated that it is in the process of being completely reorganised and rebuilt. The new GM will also have considerable input into this.

The upgrading of the canteen has taken longer than planned - again this has been mentioned previously and at all delegates meetings. We could have simply spent a large amount of the clubs money and paid commercial rates and prices and sent us back into the debt that we have worked very diligently to get out of over the past two years. Instead, a lot of the work has been done by Directors who are licensed builders and tradesmen, in their own time at no cost apart from materials. I have said before, if there are any volunteers who would like to donate their time and expertise to assist, it would be greatly appreciated.

As an aside to the canteen issue, I was able to inspect Gosford's new canteen on the weekend. When completed it will be a vast improvement on the conditions the club had to work under. Also fortunately for Gosford club, it is a club canteen on a council ground, as it does not comply with the conditions that the one at Pluim must operate under.

Finally, with regard to the judiciary, the comment The judicary is all over the place (we have a guy in my club that has tbc 2-12 weeks beside his name and who knows when they will even hear his case), is a bit over the top. The only reason the suspension is TBC would be that either all of the reports had not been received or the club had not responded to the offer made by the Director of Judiciary. There are only two judiciary hearings pending at the moment, and I am 100% certain the matter you refer to is not one of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred