• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Whats The Score? - Ask the CCF thread

CCF Chairman

Redline said:
Question around fields being open / closed....this is my first season playing so I'm not sure how it works.

With all the rain this week/end obviously a lot of games were closed, but it appeared that were some odd choices...2 of Pluims being open, but not the other, when woy woy was closed (which has a sandy base and that would make it drain away quickly as I understand), but gavenslock had some open...which is a clay based field (again, from what I understand) and therefore would get quite...sluggish? quagmire-ish?

Who makes the decisions on closing fields due to rain? Is it CCF? Or the individual clubs? and What 'criteria' do they use?

The individual clubs have the primary responsibility for the field closures, as well as the council. If the matches are scheduled to go ahead, the referee can still cancel the match if they deem the field to be unplayable. The CCF leaves it up to clubs to close or open the fields due to rain - it is the clubs who are ultimately responsible for the condition of the field, and it is the clubs who receive the bill from the council should the fields be damaged.

The CCF won't actually close a club's field because of rain, but may cancel a complete round if only a few grounds are open and playable.

All three of the fields at Pluim were open - games had been moved from Tuggerah to two of them and the Metro League had games on the other. The fields were all in very good condition considering the rain. I didn't get the chance to see Gavenlock - but Woy Woy was, according to the fixtures officer's advice a "duck pond".

CCF Draw

Kevin again.
Draft draw for Sundays 14-6 on have been issued to clubs earlier tonight.
Revised Fridy night draw will issue to clubs s soon as provisional nigts to be used at Pluim are cofirmed.
Revised draw for Sunday 7/6 and Monday 8/6 will hoprtfully be to clubbs by Thursday this week. Need part of tomorrow night off to watch my son play. Hopefully without too many dramea will get to see him.
Just to give  him some fatherly wrap up. He is the person who devised the programs which enable me to give you the results so early each Saturday and Sunday night. Also the pointscore early each week. These wold be more accurare if all teams gave their results on time and correvtly. Pete gave us these programs for free. Would have cost us 5 to 6 figure $ amoiunts elsewhere. Please reciprocate by ensuring yourr results are not only submited on timeto yout club fixtures officer or secretary but are correct.
In turn club Fixrtirures Officrers and Secretaries are to ensure I get results by 6 PM each day.

Kevin

Just a quick update.
Coming in under a different name to CCF Draw. This site for some reason does not want to know me under that name.
Clubs have been advised of current situation regarding washouts.
Basically it is that most if not all washouts prior to this weekend are being made up in draw to issue to clubs in next week or so.
Draw for next weekend will issue to clubs Monday, today, which includes most washout games form Saturday 30th May.
Some comps from that day who did play a game will be treated as washouts with a point accross the board for those who wee scheduled to play. The situation with Saturday games is that we are already into August ,making up saturday games of a Sunday. We do not have any further time to make up mass washouts.
Sunday games are even harder to make up. We do not have the fields to play them all at night ,the only time they can be made up. Thus all but Div1, Premier league an WPL from yesterday will unfortunately have to be written off as washouts. The Div 1 games from yesterday will be played 16/8 whilst the games from 24/5 will be played Monday 8/6. This swap around is due to ground availability. Councils have allowed us to use the Monday but only on condition no ground is used more than two days over the 3 day weekend.
The Premier League and WPL games from yesterday will also be played Monday 8/6.
Please contact your Club Secretary or Fixtures Officer for further details.
Just pray for dry weather this week.
If I have stuffrd up the typing in this post please excuse. have been gioing since 5AM.

Kevin

Further to my previous post.
Due to current weather conditions CCF and itds member clubs has cancelled all ganes this weekend, as we did on the recent long weekend
We have been copping a lot of flack for this but we are a responsibble association, unlike those of other codes. Particulary those who not only warm up on our closed fields but according to GCC expect us to alter our draws because that other code has decided mid-season to change their draw. Maybe it is not the the code themselves but the council officers concerned who are responsible for this. Might have spoken out of turn here but am getting upset about having to spend so much time sorting things out year after year to put up with a council or at least one of its departments who seem so biassed towards one other code of winter sport.

Kevin

Re Pointscores.
Have been  cpopping a bit of flack.
My reason... I am trying to and feel that get players on the park is more important to a points table every week. In normal seasons you would get one but this sason is a bit different... consistently wet.
Any who disagrere? If you do, ask what are we where for, to play our great gane or worry about a point?

Kevin

Sorry about grammar and spelling errors in previous posts. Have been working on washouts etc for past 14 hours. .

offtheball

Good post Kevin!

Have witnessed a certain Rugby team warming up on Ourimbah number one when it is a lake.

Similarly Gosford Council needs a rocket. The department that opens and closes grounds seem unable to think outside their guidelines. They are incapable of showing any initiative or common sennse.

hasbeen

offtheball said:
Good post Kevin!

Have witnessed a certain Rugby team warming up on Ourimbah number one when it is a lake.

Similarly Gosford Council needs a rocket. The department that opens and closes grounds seem unable to think outside their guidelines. They are incapable of showing any initiative or common sennse.

We have the cricket lobby to thank for that ... certainly at Umina Oval anyway. We used to be able to play on Umina Oval despite the wet, but now both the soccer & league are being punted for the flannelled fools.

luvsoccer

"Due to current weather conditions CCF and its member clubs has cancelled all ganes this weekend, as we did on the recent long weekend
We have been copping a lot of flack for this but we are a responsibble association, unlike those of other codes. Particulary those who not only warm up on our closed fields but according to GCC expect us to alter our draws because that other code has decided mid-season to change their draw.

Kevin"

Having a few friends at Terrigal I know what you are on about. Apparently RL have changed their draw and now expect Terrigal to forego their DIV 1 games on weekend of 19/7 so RL can play at Duffy's. This is rubbish, as from what anyone can see GCC has not taken any action against RL for playing on their field on the long weekend which was worse that the field which Terrigal Soccer declared unfit to play upon. RL then decided to warm upon Terrigal Soccer fields despite assurances they would not.
Have four questions.
1) When is GCC going to have the fortitude to stand up against RL, or alternatively why do they not take action against them when they flagrantly defy GCC rules? Alternatively do GCC have seperate rules for RL?
2) When is CCF Board going to have the guts to take on GCC about such issues?
3) Why do we clubs put up with it without a fight and why do we not pressure CCF to do so?
4) Has CCF done anything about the problems with Terrigal? Geoff and Swampy answer please as you stated this is an open forum.

I have been around long enough to know that the proposal has been put to clubs by Kevin often enough way back to at least 20 years or so when I was a club executive that we have the numbers to polically lobby local, state and even federal politicians for a better deal for our sport which outnumbers all others and even most ohers of them combined.
About time all our clubs got together to get us a better deal. m bang ing my hea a gainst a brick wall with my club as they do not want to seem to upset CCF.
We have the numbers between all clubs and, as a CCF Director, who shall remain nameless, stated, what would happen if we arranged a mass march of 14,000 players on each council, with full TV coverage, demanding a better deal.
How about this last option being implemented. I know me and my kids would march. For those do gooders who only vote along party lines this would not be a political party march, it would be a march against anyone eleced, despite their party, who was not willing to abide by the wishes of the majority. We are a democracy. Various figures have been put forward but if has been suggested we put in relatives of our 14,000 players we would have a voting lobby of over 150,000 votes. We should use this majority. Again any director's opinion would be appreciated.

CCF Chairman

luvsoccer said:
Having a few friends at Terrigal I know what you are on about. Apparently RL have changed their draw and now expect Terrigal to forego their DIV 1 games on weekend of 19/7 so RL can play at Duffy's. This is rubbish, as from what anyone can see GCC has not taken any action against RL for playing on their field on the long weekend which was worse that the field which Terrigal Soccer declared unfit to play upon. RL then decided to warm upon Terrigal Soccer fields despite assurances they would not.
Have four questions.
1) When is GCC going to have the fortitude to stand up against RL, or alternatively why do they not take action against them when they flagrantly defy GCC rules? Alternatively do GCC have seperate rules for RL?
2) When is CCF Board going to have the guts to take on GCC about such issues?
3) Why do we clubs put up with it without a fight and why do we not pressure CCF to do so?
4) Has CCF done anything about the problems with Terrigal? Geoff and Swampy answer please as you stated this is an open forum.

Following is what passes for a reply from Gosford Council regarding the use of Duffy's Oval by RL on the long weekend:

"Thanks for your email regarding a complaint of use of Duffys Road Oval.

As per the email advice to all associations on Friday, sportsgrounds were open at clubs discretion on Sunday and Monday this past weekend. As the seasonal user of Duffy's Oval field #2, Terrigal RLFC are entitled to make a decision on the ground suitability for that field on that day. However the use of the soccer fields as training / warm up grounds is not condoned by Council.

I have liaised with CCDRL and Terrigal RLFC to advise/remind them the practice of using the soccer field for warm-up activities is not permitted at any time.

As there is no specific evidence which shows them using the area we cannot enforce a fine in this instance. The damage as shown in your photographs has been inspected by our ground staff and has also been noted. The club have also been advised that any further instances that are backed up by specific evidence will result in fines and possible loss of future allocation. 

If any incidents of this nature occurs again in the future, please have someone take photos so that Council can follow up the complaint and enforce Council's stance on unauthorised / illegal usage of its sportsgrounds.

Should you require any further information regarding this matter please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Jodi Clark
Sports Liaison Officer | Open Space & Leisure services
Gosford City Council

PO Box 21 Gosford NSW 2250
Phone: (02) 4325 8486
Fax:    (02) 4365 4031
jodi.clark@gosford.nsw.gov.au 

Apparently the photos taken by Terrigal were not sufficient to warrant even a slap on the wrist by the Council.

In relation to the other matters that you have raised, I have asked for a meeting with Chris Holstein to try and resolve the situation as we seem to have reached an impasse dealing with Council staff. Because of Chris's and my other commitments over the past week or so I expect this to take place next week. Certainly no lack of guts stopping us taking the Council on.

I am not sure why the clubs do not put up a fight. I referred in a previous post to the fact that I pleaded with the clubs before the last election to encourage their members to vote for candidates who would actively support football in all matters. Again not a case of the clubs putting pressure on CCF, in fact the reverse happened - we tried to put pressure on the clubs to get their members to vote as a block and got absolutely no response. So I hardly see this as an issue where clubs "do not want to seem to upset CCF" - I want clubs and the members to be pro-active. If we are to use the power of the number of players and their families (the figures you have quoted are reasonably accurate) as an argument, then we need the members to actually show that support. I may be the Chairman - but I don't have 14,000 proxy votes to cast at an election.

marinermick

Geoff, might be time for the CCF to endorse or put up a candidate themselves?

Without leadership people will not know or research the right person to vote for. I know I didn't and I take an active interest in politics.

"Build it and they will come"

CCF Chairman

We've touched on this subject before Mick - and as you know I thoroughly agree with you. Hard part is finding a candidate who is willing to be endorsed and back this up with action, or finding an individual for the CCF to put up ourselves.

We are hard pressed sometimes to find 10 people out of 14,000 to fill executive roles, let alone someone to take on a very time consuming position on a local council.

If anyone knows of a suitable and interested candidate, please refer them to me, I would be more than happy to talk to them.

marinermick

Suitable candidate in my eyes would be Bobby Clark. Would also have the backing of Rotary and Leagues Club members.

dibo

14,000 players does not equal 14,000 votes. For a start, many of the 14,000 will be from Wyong Shire, but secondly there are many issues that motivate voters, and their love of football and the treatment of CCF will be only one. This will take on greater or lesser significance depending on the individual.

You're going to need something in the order of 8,000 votes from people whose prime motivation is the interests of CCF to be able to get a single councillor up - that's a big ask, and it's expensive. I'm not sure it's a feasible idea.

marinermick

dibo said:
14,000 players does not equal 14,000 votes. For a start, many of the 14,000 will be from Wyong Shire, but secondly there are many issues that motivate voters, and their love of football and the treatment of CCF will be only one. This will take on greater or lesser significance depending on the individual.

You're going to need something in the order of 8,000 votes from people whose prime motivation is the interests of CCF to be able to get a single councillor up - that's a big ask, and it's expensive. I'm not sure it's a feasible idea.

It wouldn't come from a football alone agenda. It would have to be from a sports advocate as a whole and then you could encompass cricket and some of the other sports.

dibo

marinermick said:
dibo said:

It wouldn't come from a football alone agenda. It would have to be from a sports advocate as a whole and then you could encompass cricket and some of the other sports.

What about when the agendas conflict? Cricket, Aussie rules footy, rugby league and even baseball all use grounds that could otherwise be more heavily utilised by football or whose use of the grounds intersects with ours.

It would take Council to drive forward the re-prioritisation, but we couldn't push it through if we were relying on support from those groups to be elected.

marinermick

dibo said:
marinermick said:
dibo said:

What about when the agendas conflict? Cricket, Aussie rules footy, rugby league and even baseball all use grounds that could otherwise be more heavily utilised by football or whose use of the grounds intersects with ours.

It would take Council to drive forward the re-prioritisation, but we couldn't push it through if we were relying on support from those groups to be elected.

those groups all have similar issues/needs with council and could be united

Paolo

dibo said:
marinermick said:
dibo said:

Could just re neg on promises made to those other sports code? ;)

luvsoccer

Geoff, All respect but the email response you received was from a mere clerk in a GCC departmant. (One whose son reportedly plays RL). As I stated in my previous email it is no good going to her Department of Council. Having been around soccer for many many years Their answer has always been the same when it comes to RL or RU trashing soccer fields. "Not enough evidence". They know what goes on. They just will not act but in the meantime continue to threaten soccer with fines or loss of ovals if we did what Rugby does.
RL have adequate other venues to play on 19./7 if they want to alter their draw.They have Beaufort Road and Oznam which incidentally I believewas originally pronmised to Avoca Soccer Club some 16 odd years ago. Now RL has it.

Hope you keep us posted on what the GCC Mayor has to say.

dibo.........Your point is noted that many of the 14,000 players come from Wyong Shire. More on this later. In meantime even on a 50/50 basis we would have 7,000 in GCC. Granted the majoity of these are of non voting age, they all have parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents and friends. Between them and the seniors who play votng power could add up to 100,000 for GCC.
This could ber a formidable voting lobby.

Marinermick... I agree Bob ClarkjK would be a possible candidate. Another would surely be Kevin Gibbs, CCF Draws Officer. He has been around soccer on the coast for almost 3 decades and his record of looking after soccer would also hold him in good stead as a candidate. Maybe both on a ticket?

To Clubs...I know it is a hard job to get your members motivated but we are fast approaching the situation that maybe as previously suggestd in other poats that we get our members all 14,000 together and march on each council as whilst WSC areppear better than GCC both are way behind in providing grounds for our children to play sport upon.

Also on a non local government issue, what do our local members both stae and federal do for us. NOTHING. Pressure in the area could also be looked into. Geoff, your comments on the foregoing please.

Apologise for spelling and grammar but am tired after just getting bak from work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred