• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Whats The Score? - Ask the CCF thread

FFC Mariner

And that doesnt sound like an organisation in chaos?

I have a lovely Bridge in Sydney for sale if you are interested :)

CCF Chairman

luvsoccer said:
My delegate reminds me however that one of the new directors apparenly implied that he had everything in place for canteen to be completed. Seems this may have been something like a state or federal electorial promise?
Everything was in place for the completion of the canteen. We have been relying heavily on the supply of donated or discounted materials and also on labour on either a voluntary or reduced rate basis. Unfortunately the supply of some materials has not eventuated as was promised which has further delayed the process.

If there are any members out there who are willing to donate their time, services and/or materials in an effort to expedite the process and reduce the costs then it would be greatly appreciated - instead of relying on staff and directors to do so.

[/quote]
Also we are told we cannot have G17 and G18 on Pluim Friday nights except in exceptional circumstances. It is appreciated that night games deteriorate fields quicker than day games but why is it OK for the reps to train on them night after night? Having family members involved I know this happens. In addition other training accadamies are also held of a nightime.
[/quote]

There are a total of TEN training sessions held on Pluim 2 and 3 during the week, SEVEN are on the training field and TWENTY FOUR are held at other venues around the Coast - Leagues Club Park, EDSACC, Jubilee, Budgewoi and Baker Park. Field 1 is not used at all for training and 2 and 3 are used on 3 nights only. On those nights, individual teams may only use sections of the ground but the entire field is used over all. There are NO training academies held at Pluim of a night time at present. Precision Football Clinic for Under 5s to Under 10s are due to commence in June for 1.5 hours per week

[/quote]
Delegates meetings are, according to our delegate, a joke. Most delegates are too intimidated to even ask a question and the couple that have the audaciousness to do so are shouted down by a couple of the directors who seem to control those meetings, no matter the subject.
Geoff you seem to br receptive to suggestions. Therefore may I suggest that you as chairman stand on the toes of those directors below you who tend to intimidate the delegates.

[/quote]

If your delegate considers the meetings a joke and feels intimidated I suggest they contact me personally and let me know their concerns. It is at the clubs insistence that these meetings continue to be held to ensure accountability and transparency.

[/quote]

Whilst it is appreciated that GCC do not want us to use their grounds and thus refuse to spend the $m's Rudd gave them on upgrading lighting for competitions on fields. Surely the political weight of Soccer (football), 14,000 players, and 100,000+ relatives and supporters should be brought to bear by CCF on GCC.

May I also ask what pressure CCF exerts on GCC aldermen from a voter number situation. Have we, the CCF with such a political voter base, ever considered running a candidate or two or three at local council elections? Surely we have the numbers to gain power.
Did not intend to turn this into a witch hunt but got carried away.

[/quote]

I suggest you refer to a previous post where I answered what had taken place between CCF and Gosford Council and the responses we have had in the past. I must say that Chris Holstein is a lot more responsive but although he is the Mayor, he is still only one person. As far as using our electoral power at the booths - that message was put to the clubs before the last election. What was your club's message to its members?
The ALP received 13,023 votes (combined group and individual) at the last election which was enough for 2 representatives on a 10 person council - a similar vote for CCF candidates would hardly be enough for us to "gain power" but I agree certainly enough to try and make a difference.

It is a suggestion that has been put forward before, and one that has been put to me personally on occasions. My own view is that I feel that I can do more for Central Coast Football in the role that I have than that of a Local Councillor.

That being said - who from the ranks of the CCF membership would you suggest take on this role? There are a lot of people at both association and club level who put in an enormous amount of hours on a voluntary basis worked in around their own jobs and family commitments, to try and work for the good of the code, their kids, their clubs and the game in general. If you are volunteering, or would like to put forward the name of anyone in the game who you think would be suitable, willing and available to dedicate the time, please let me know.

CCF Chairman

truesoccer said:
MarMic... Whilst i am a usual critic of CCF I do not believe they are in crisis. No more than anyone in this economoc crisis.
However as I see it I see it as there several strong decisions that need to be made or they may very well be in chaos as you say.
It would appear that we are going to get a new GM, by any other name. This will from my info cost us around $100K including OOP and other expenses. At recent delegates meetings we were told a new GM would not cost anything. About time CCF came clean. If they are going to sack anyone to compemsate, please do so so we at the clubs know what it is going to cost us. Geoff, an answer please as to how the new GM, (CEO) whatever he will be called, will be paid without further pain upon clubs and their members.

While I am not going to comment on any individuals personal salary and employment conditions (I am sure you would like you pay details trumpeted all over a public forum) I can safely say that your info from whatever source it may be is not accurate.

The financial details of CCF are now available to all clubs each month and they are able to pass this on to their members.

There has been no appointment made at this stage, nor has there been proposition to sack anybody. Any other means of staffing restructure in any organisation are highly confidential and discussion at anything other than Board and senior management level would be totally inappropriate.

CCF Chairman

CCF Chairman said:
Field 1 is not used at all for training

Just to correct this statement - Tianjin Teda trained on Field 1 on Sunday night, as did Pohang Steelers when they were here and as have the Mariners. Certainly not used by CCL, Thunder or anyone else for training though.

luvsoccer

Swampy and Geoff,
Earlier tonight on way home from work had a beer with one on my mates. He is playing in Cup game on this Wednesday night. He has never played on Pluim1 in nearly 20 years of playing soccer on the coast and was looking forwrd to doing so as it might have been his only chance as he will not be playing after this year. He was, in an understatement, devastated to find out tonight his game has been relegated to Pluim3. Why is this so.
Rumour has it that the Directoir of Reps kicked local clubs off so some obscure Lightning U18 game could be played. Have spent the night making some enquiries. Appears that Lightning were originally told that they could play Tuesday or Thursday. However due to Mariners playing Tuesday Lightning G18 wold not play that night. Why not Thursday?
Again we see local clubs kicked off Pluim for the sake of some obscure Lightning game. We have already seen the CC cup stuffed around so we the clubs, who pay for the upkeep of Pluim, do not wreck it up for the elite Lightning.
Did not bother addressing this to the Director of Reps as we would have got his usual "the clubs do not own Pluim". Maybe Lightning, who the clubs also pay to maintain, should pay for Plulim on a user pays basis.
Geoff, in some of your previous posts you state Lightning train elsewhere. Why is it when the Clubs, who pay so much for the maintenance of Pluim , cannot use it?  Every time I go past Pluim, which is every night, it is being used, day and night. Who is using it and are they paying for it?

ccf

CCL 1st/U20 mixed team, if same as last time, are playing Sydney Tigers in Tiger Turf Cup.  Was set down for Tuesday, changed to Thursday then Wednesday 8.15 pm.

CCF Chairman

luvsoccer said:
Swampy and Geoff,
Earlier tonight on way home from work had a beer with one on my mates. He is playing in Cup game on this Wednesday night. He has never played on Pluim1 in nearly 20 years of playing soccer on the coast and was looking forwrd to doing so as it might have been his only chance as he will not be playing after this year. He was, in an understatement, devastated to find out tonight his game has been relegated to Pluim3. Why is this so.
Rumour has it that the Directoir of Reps kicked local clubs off so some obscure Lightning U18 game could be played. Have spent the night making some enquiries. Appears that Lightning were originally told that they could play Tuesday or Thursday. However due to Mariners playing Tuesday Lightning G18 wold not play that night. Why not Thursday?
Again we see local clubs kicked off Pluim for the sake of some obscure Lightning game. We have already seen the CC cup stuffed around so we the clubs, who pay for the upkeep of Pluim, do not wreck it up for the elite Lightning.
Did not bother addressing this to the Director of Reps as we would have got his usual "the clubs do not own Pluim". Maybe Lightning, who the clubs also pay to maintain, should pay for Plulim on a user pays basis.
Geoff, in some of your previous posts you state Lightning train elsewhere. Why is it when the Clubs, who pay so much for the maintenance of Pluim , cannot use it?  Every time I go past Pluim, which is every night, it is being used, day and night. Who is using it and are they paying for it?

The "obscure" U/18 game you refer to is the Tiger Turf Cup, which is the PREMIER Cup competition in NSW - open to all clubs, including local Association club teams - not just Lightning and State League sides. This is a competition that any of our local premier league clubs could have entered. So had Budgewoi, Umina, Berkely Vale or any of the local sides entered and made it through to this round they would have been playing on Field 1 and the cup match would still have been moved for them.

Its the competition that has precedence - not Lightning.

Being played under FNSW rules the match has to be played on Pluim No 1 as no other field
complies, and there are regulations regarding the amount of time prior to kick off (1 hour)
that the sides need access to the dressing rooms, which negates the possibility of
staggering the kick off times and using the same dressing rooms if using field 1 or 2.

When the Round 3 draw was released the week before last I was actually talking to the competitions secretary at FNSW about another unrelated matter when I mentioned to him that the original date of Tuesday May 19th clashed with the Mariners Champions League match and perhaps they should look at changing the day if possible. Thursday was considered too close to the player's weekend matches.

As it is, the Tiger Turf Cup game was cancelled at 940 this morning with the CC Cup still going ahead at this stage (although that could change in the next half hour or so). Not exactly a case of the clubs being treated as second rate.

As far as the training on Pluim is concerned, I didnt say CCL trained elsewhere, I listed where all the sessions are held including Pluim. I missed the U/14 boys sessions they do on the training field at 630 of a Wednesday morning, so it should have been EIGHT plus the goalkeeper training sessions.

Mariners, Pohang Steelers and Tianjin Teda have all trained there but instead of charging what we could have (which is not a very high figure btw) CCF accepted 1100 tickets for each match which were distributed 50 to each club for use how they saw fit. That equates to $15000 per match that has been passed directly on to the members, a far better result than an amount less than 10% of that figure being credited directly to general revenue.

luvsoccer

[/quote]

The "obscure" U/18 game you refer to is the Tiger Turf Cup, which is the PREMIER Cup competition in NSW - open to all clubs, including local Association club teams - not just Lightning and State League sides. This is a competition that any of our local premier league clubs could have entered. So had Budgewoi, Umina, Berkely Vale or any of the local sides entered and made it through to this round they would have been playing on Field 1 and the cup match would still have been moved for them.

Its the competition that has precedence - not Lightning.

Being played under FNSW rules the match has to be played on Pluim No 1 as no other field
complies, and there are regulations regarding the amount of time prior to kick off (1 hour)
that the sides need access to the dressing rooms, which negates the possibility of
staggering the kick off times and using the same dressing rooms if using field 1 or 2.

When the Round 3 draw was released the week before last I was actually talking to the competitions secretary at FNSW about another unrelated matter when I mentioned to him that the original date of Tuesday May 19th clashed with the Mariners Champions League match and perhaps they should look at changing the day if possible. Thursday was considered too close to the player's weekend matches.

As it is, the Tiger Turf Cup game was cancelled at 940 this morning with the CC Cup still going ahead at this stage (although that could change in the next half hour or so). Not exactly a case of the clubs being treated as second rate.

As far as the training on Pluim is concerned, I didnt say CCL trained elsewhere, I listed where all the sessions are held including Pluim. I missed the U/14 boys sessions they do on the training field at 630 of a Wednesday morning, so it should have been EIGHT plus the goalkeeper training sessions.

Mariners, Pohang Steelers and Tianjin Teda have all trained there but instead of charging what we could have (which is not a very high figure btw) CCF accepted 1100 tickets for each match which were distributed 50 to each club for use how they saw fit. That equates to $15000 per match that has been passed directly on to the members, a far better result than an amount less than 10% of that figure being credited directly to general revenue.

Geoff
To answer your answer
QUOTE The "obscure" U/18 game you refer to is the Tiger Turf Cup, which is the PREMIER Cup competition in NSW - open to all clubs, including local Association club teams - not just Lightning and State League sides. This is a competition that any of our local premier league clubs could have entered. So had Budgewoi, Umina, Berkely Vale or any of the local sides entered and made it through to this round they would have been playing on Field 1 and the cup match would still have been moved for them.

I have on good authority the Dir of Reps to the effect he did not know about this competition. If it was open to all why were local clubs not notified?

"Its the competition that has precedence - not Lightning.
When the Round 3 draw was released the week before last I was actually talking to the competitions secretary at FNSW about another unrelated matter when I mentioned to him that the original date of Tuesday May 19th clashed with the Mariners Champions League match and perhaps they should look at changing the day if possible. Thursday was considered too close to the player's weekend matches."

What is the difference between Sunday to Tuesady than Thursday to Sunday. Both are 3 days.

"As it is, the Tiger Turf Cup game was cancelled at 940 this morning with the CC Cup still going ahead at this stage (although that could change in the next half hour or so). Not exactly a case of the clubs being treated as second rate. "

Clubs had already been relegated to Pluim3. Your point is not valid

"As far as the training on Pluim is concerned, I didnt say CCL trained elsewhere, I listed where all the sessions are held including Pluim. I missed the U/14 boys sessions they do on the training field at 630 of a Wednesday morning, so it should have been EIGHT plus the goalkeeper training sessions.
Mariners, Pohang Steelers and Tianjin Teda have all trained there but instead of charging what we could have (which is not a very high figure btw) CCF accepted 1100 tickets for each match which were distributed 50 to each club for use how they saw fit. That equates to $15000 per match that has been passed directly on to the members, a far better result than an amount less than 10% of that figure being credited directly to general revenue."

Does not change the fact that Pluim has been wrecked for clubs for the benefit of others. Looking at the draws Pluim has been used more than 100% less this year than in the past by the clubs and yet Pluim 1 is in worse condition. Considering this last 6-9 months the drought cannot be used as an excuse. Months.

Sorry but the clubs need an honest answer. If Pluim is to be used exclusively for Lightning, community and other matters, which please members of the Board and their personal interests entertain, please be open. Clubs could then make an assessed decision whether they wanted to continue to fund Pluim and those other interests. Alternatively we may need a less apparently self-biased Board.

CCF Chairman

luvsoccer said:
Geoff
To answer your answer

I have on good authority the Dir of Reps to the effect he did not know about this competition. If it was open to all why were local clubs not notified?

The first statement is ill-informed and baseless. As for the second part, all of the clubs were informed at the start of the year and it is their choice to enter or not, same as all of the FNSW competitions that are open to Association Clubs such as the State, Robertson and Bill Cullinan Cups. Only one club chose to enter in any of those, perhaps you should ask your club why they didn't.

luvsoccer said:
What is the difference between Sunday to Tuesady than Thursday to Sunday. Both are 3 days.

"As it is, the Tiger Turf Cup game was cancelled at 940 this morning with the CC Cup still going ahead at this stage (although that could change in the next half hour or so). Not exactly a case of the clubs being treated as second rate. "

Clubs had already been relegated to Pluim3. Your point is not valid
I think you mean Saturday to Tuesday or Thursday to Sunday and I agree both are three days and there is no difference. Wednesday was suggested as the better alternative of the two because it gave the players one extra day's rest. It was moved from Tuesday so as not to clash with the Mariners game.

The CC cup was moved to a field that it could be played on - The Tiger Turf Cup could not be played on any other field on the coast.

luvsoccer said:
Does not change the fact that Pluim has been wrecked for clubs for the benefit of others. Looking at the draws Pluim has been used more than 100% less this year than in the past by the clubs and yet Pluim 1 is in worse condition. Considering this last 6-9 months the drought cannot be used as an excuse. Months.

Sorry but the clubs need an honest answer. If Pluim is to be used exclusively for Lightning, community and other matters, which please members of the Board and their personal interests entertain, please be open. Clubs could then make an assessed decision whether they wanted to continue to fund Pluim and those other interests. Alternatively we may need a less apparently self-biased Board.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and your observations about the condition of Pluim is interesting. In the past few months Pluim has been inspected rigourously by the Asian Champions League Match Commissioner on three occasions, the most recent last week. It has passed with flying colours on each occasion. And even just being used for one training session each time, it still had to comply with AFC criteria. The only reason Kawasaki Frontale did not train on it was because it had too much grass (for their liking).

The condition of Pluim was the subject of much deserved criticism last year. As I have stated previously, this was because 1068 matches were played on it - mostly by club teams in mideweek wash out matches. To say that it is now in worse condition is bewildering to say the least. Perhaps you should note the views of others on this forum who have actually commented on how good Field 1 is looking.

As for your accusation that decisions made regarding the usage of Pluim are based on personal interests and self-bias of the board - I find that insulting, ignorant and defamatory - both personally and on behalf of the Board.

There are only 2 Board members (out of 10) who have family playing for Lightning. One of them is myself and I am also a member of two local clubs one of which I have been with for 44 years. All of the Board members are club members who are nominated and elected by the club delegates. Many of them still hold positions in their own clubs.

If you are going to make outrageous allegations that any of us are acting in any way to benefit personal interests then I suggest that you be open and honest and have the guts to detail them and put them in writing publicly under your own name.

FFC Mariner

Fair play to you for engagin in debate here.

I think its great that CCF are here and prepared to dicuss/explain etc.

I would hate to see this thread hijacked by personal biases/vendettas etc. I someone feels that strongly, put up or shut up face to face.

blackburnforever

thanks for the thread CCF. I play in 35DS comp - we have an 8 team draw(7 teams with a bye). At this stage it seems we have only been given 18 rounds, whereas an 8 team comp should have 21 rounds so everyone plays each other 3 times. As it stands, 18 rounds would give an unfair advantage to some teams as some teams get 3 byes while others only get 2. Is CCF amending this draw?
Thanks

Kareem

blackburnforever said:
thanks for the thread CCF. I play in 35DS comp - we have an 8 team draw(7 teams with a bye). At this stage it seems we have only been given 18 rounds, whereas an 8 team comp should have 21 rounds so everyone plays each other 3 times. As it stands, 18 rounds would give an unfair advantage to some teams as some teams get 3 byes while others only get 2. Is CCF amending this draw?
Thanks
In theory and my personal preference I think it should be 21 rounds...
However the final series is suitable in these cases (eg. NRL)- where because the league is unfair- the final series apparently finds the true champion (cough cough).
If it is 18 rounds- it is most likely due to time constraints + keeping a spare weekend or two free for the inevitable wash outs (eg. this weekend :p)

hasbeen

blackburnforever said:
Thanks

From the drawmaster ...
The missing rounds for G35DC and G35DS have been sorted out and both grades will have games on 6th June. They will also have rounds on 29/8 and 5/9. The existing make-up game in the 35DC comp set down for 6/6 between Woy Woy and Mountains will now be played on 8th June.

CCF Draw

hasbeen said:
blackburnforever said:
Thanks

From the drawmaster ...
The missing rounds for G35DC and G35DS have been sorted out and both grades will have games on 6th June. They will also have rounds on 29/8 and 5/9. The existing make-up game in the 35DC comp set down for 6/6 between Woy Woy and Mountains will now be played on 8th June.

I am the CCF Draw Administrator. "hasbeen" Thanks for quoting my advices to clubs. Information was accurate. Kevin

CCF Chairman

Also it should be acknowledged that Kevin had all of the amended draw for tomorrow out to all of the clubs before 6.30 tonight. Most people dont understand the enormity of the job Kevin does or how involved it is, even dealing with one washed out and deferred ground, let alone a dozen of them. Everyone, please take note that Kev gets this information to your clubs quicker than most realise. Its an enormous and thankless task - although at about 50 cents per hour that he puts in, he's exceptionally well paid for it ;)

CCF Draw

Kevin here again.
Rarely get the oportunity to get to look at this forum and only did so tonight because someone misread "hasbeen's" post and thought he was me. Am getting a bit long in the tooth but am still being, not yet a complete has been. No offence "hasbeen".
For anyone still around at this time of night amended draw for tomorrow, following many ground closures, was advised to clubs at 6.27 tonight. As many games as possible are being played. Revised draw for those games not played tomorrow has been formulated. After further checking this will be issued to clubs early next week. Many will be made up on the spare weekend allocated to many comps in July with make ups for a couple of other comp added as an extra round at end of season.
The make up games lost on Friday night at Pluim have been reallocated to 19/6/09 and the G17/18 games lost from other grounds will be fitted in on Sundays. Details will issue in due ciourse to clubs as will fate of games which were scheduled for today, Saturday 23/5/09.
As stated above I rarely visit this forum due to time restraints. Therefore please do not expect me to be regularly available to reply to queries. Club fixtures officers are kept up to date on the state of the nation as it refers to draws. Therefore any draw queries should be directed initially through you club fixtures officers. Please be kind to them. They do more work and give more time to put you or your kids on the park than most of you could comprehend.
One final note. There are three people who know what is going on with fixtures (draws). They are I, who does them, the CCF Director of Competitions, to whom I report, and your club Fixtures officer(s) who distribute information to you. Do not waste your time and the time of the CCF office staff by contacting them. They are administration or other, not draws.

CCF Draw

CCF Chairman said:
Also it should be acknowledged that Kevin had all of the amended draw for tomorrow out to all of the clubs before 6.30 tonight. Most people dont understand the enormity of the job Kevin does or how involved it is, even dealing with one washed out and deferred ground, let alone a dozen of them. Everyone, please take note that Kev gets this information to your clubs quicker than most realise. Its an enormous and thankless task - although at about 50 cents per hour that he puts in, he's exceptionally well paid for it ;)
Johno,
Too old for this caper of forums. While I was typing and getting Swampy off the phone after he kept me on there for an hour you beat me to the punch.

Redline

Question around fields being open / closed....this is my first season playing so I'm not sure how it works.

With all the rain this week/end obviously a lot of games were closed, but it appeared that were some odd choices...2 of Pluims being open, but not the other, when woy woy was closed (which has a sandy base and that would make it drain away quickly as I understand), but gavenslock had some open...which is a clay based field (again, from what I understand) and therefore would get quite...sluggish? quagmire-ish?

Who makes the decisions on closing fields due to rain? Is it CCF? Or the individual clubs? and What 'criteria' do they use?

blackburnforever

CCF Draw said:
Kevin here again.
Rarely get the oportunity to get to look at this forum and only did so tonight because someone misread "hasbeen's" post and thought he was me. Am getting a bit long in the tooth but am still being, not yet a complete has been. No offence "hasbeen".
For anyone still around at this time of night amended draw for tomorrow, following many ground closures, was advised to clubs at 6.27 tonight. As many games as possible are being played. Revised draw for those games not played tomorrow has been formulated. After further checking this will be issued to clubs early next week. Many will be made up on the spare weekend allocated to many comps in July with make ups for a couple of other comp added as an extra round at end of season.
The make up games lost on Friday night at Pluim have been reallocated to 19/6/09 and the G17/18 games lost from other grounds will be fitted in on Sundays. Details will issue in due ciourse to clubs as will fate of games which were scheduled for today, Saturday 23/5/09.
As stated above I rarely visit this forum due to time restraints. Therefore please do not expect me to be regularly available to reply to queries. Club fixtures officers are kept up to date on the state of the nation as it refers to draws. Therefore any draw queries should be directed initially through you club fixtures officers. Please be kind to them. They do more work and give more time to put you or your kids on the park than most of you could comprehend.
One final note. There are three people who know what is going on with fixtures (draws). They are I, who does them, the CCF Director of Competitions, to whom I report, and your club Fixtures officer(s) who distribute information to you. Do not waste your time and the time of the CCF office staff by contacting them. They are administration or other, not draws.
Thanks for the info Kevin and hasbeen. Directed the inquiry to my club previous to this, with no reply. Just thought I'd ask on here thinking someone would know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred