• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What wrong with the Mariners

elevated position

I have family from Penrith who dont miss a game people around me come from as far as Cronulla and they went to Townsville as well.
The penrith people have their local (a panther sponsor)pub a Mariner Den. The support for the Mariners is wide spread especially in the western suburbs as the alternative to SFC and even when they get the second Sydney team  the Mariners will still at worst be thier second team.
Now on here I've been a pest about the COE (as in when and how) but their is some news on the horizon however NO club is working as hard as the Mariners to shore up their future. Clinics and Developement squads all over the coast and Sydney north west and northern suburbs even down to the whole A League squad doing promo work at Umina on Sunday (I was wondering why Disco was in Mariner gear having a coffee at Terrigal )
Lawrie even going on SBS to promote (explain) us in our current developement  phase and for him to say we(he) needed to change shows a maturity within the club that will see us here in 20+ years.

I do have a question. Was the NSL standard better than the A League?

the J Man

daddy cool said:
If you are implying that we are the benchmark for the A-League at the moment then people at the top would be just a little concerned. Still waiting for posters to say if they bothered to turn up last Friday night.

can't wait for my boy to say "archies always off side" and hope his hero "nicky travis" scores again .
  what a game ,what a team,what a coach .misery for the rest.

dru

daddy cool said:
I love to watch good football
daddy cool said:
Sorry folks Im a Mariners follower from way back so tell me people are you happy with home game crowd figures? Where you there on Friday night?

I was going to say that those two statements are mutually exclusive, but then I noticed you only rate yourself as a follower. Foster is a follower of the mariners because he is paid to, David Votoupol is a follower. Neither is likely to be turning up in 50 odd years in the stands of Grahame Park like most of us here will.

Not that it really matters if I was there or not, since I have a season ticket I will be counted regardless and the Club gets my support (read cash) for the match if I can make it or not, unfortunately I was on a plane back from Mackay at the time so couldnt make the match.

Then again you are asking some of the people who travelled throughout asia after a string of bad results leading up to the ACL if they would turn up to a game based on previous bad results so I think it would be a general If I can I would from most, be it here, around the country or overseas.

Just look at some of the uninspiring stuff played overseas in top leagues at times and tell me they dont deserve to be in those leagues. We have never finished in what would be considered a relegation spot for a league of a similar numbers. Could we or the league be better sure. Could Liverpool be better sure doesnt mean they dont deserve to be in the EPL, Hull could be better but since they avoided relegation last year they deserve to be there.

daddy cool said:
Not a matter of giving up I love the game more than my local club. As for the license issue I may have not made myself clear , we hold for the license because we meet all critera at the time and we where rightly excepted. I just worry the FF may have jumped in to quick to get the A league up and running and keep the Central Coast way from other codes . My worry is do we still have the supporter base and the interest to showcase the game.
But you are giving up on the club suggesting we don't deserve a license, also we got the License because we were the only regional bid at the time it had zero to do with keeping other codes out.

Paranoia is wonderful thing it keeps the tabloids in buisness the masses under control and generally has nothing to do with reality.

Roy Law

daddy cool said:
I watched the games on Friday (CCM and Glory) night and Saturday night (Mel and GC) and to me it was chalk and cheese. At times I really think we are out of a depth in the A -League. The pace of the game the players skills , the crowds involvment and the coachs tactics on Saturday night put the Mariners game to shame. I was total bored with the game at Bluetongue and Im sure 50% of the small crowd where as well. If we cannot draw crowds on a warm rain free Friday night after scoring wins and a swag of goals at our prevoius games do we decerve to have a licence.

Without doubt one of the most stupid, ill-informed and pathetic posts I have ever read on this forum

FFC Mariner

Roy Law said:
daddy cool said:
I watched the games on Friday (CCM and Glory) night and Saturday night (Mel and GC) and to me it was chalk and cheese. At times I really think we are out of a depth in the A -League. The pace of the game the players skills , the crowds involvment and the coachs tactics on Saturday night put the Mariners game to shame. I was total bored with the game at Bluetongue and Im sure 50% of the small crowd where as well. If we cannot draw crowds on a warm rain free Friday night after scoring wins and a swag of goals at our prevoius games do we decerve to have a licence.

Without doubt one of the most stupid, ill-informed and pathetic posts I have ever read on this forum

Agreed, long rambling posts comprising cut n paste from Wiki are better

serious14

daddy cool said:
Still waiting for posters to say if they bothered to turn up last Friday night.

I already said I didn't - I'm awaiting your reasoning as to how this makes me a bad fan and how it makes the club fail on a fundamental level??

midfielder

FFC has a point however let me offer a slightly different view.

Not every game of football is going to be perfect... many have commented on the lack of goals and shots on goal....

HHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhmmmmmm maybe but lets look at the kind of game it was, a hard game with little given by either side...

Danny in goals almost by himself is worth the admission...

The backs ... Both centre backs had excellent games... wide backs Heff marked well tracked back well ... stuffed up going forward and his passing was not up to his usual standard... Porter is a right mid playing right back marking of a current Soccer was excellent and once in the first half he got the ball back and stepped Mile and sent a great pass, that took guts real guts on your own goal line, going forward again his passing in the final third let him down...

Mids .... Hutch had a poor game by his standards this year... weeMac put a couple of killer balls tho in the first half.. got puffed I think and came back to life when Travis came on... Crowell did his job to stop the attack coming down our right side.. playing out of position and with less pace than Mile he did the job he was sent out to do... Pedj HHHMMmmm did not have his best game but played that deep covering mid role very well, again had problems in the final third...

The side kept the ball for large parts of the game .. yes by playing it back the way they were facing ... BUT we did hold the ball and not loose it and that IMO is important...

Upfront we do have some problems here no one can deny this ... but I was delighted with Elrich last 15 mins upfront... He had shots tracked back and his style had him playing more a No 10 in and behind the leading striker.. he does has a soft touch can turn, can shoot, has speed, appears to be loosing that Kaba Boy look...

So my summary is we held the ball well, we played out from the back, we did create a few chances ... but we broke down in front of goal... can LM fix this I hope so ..

On the crowd there is heaps of evidence around about what happen this year so far, also remember the A-League crowds pick up in the December / January ... but 8K is better than most ... if you ask me the biggest mistake the club made was to switch radio stations .. we had the two biggest stations and got heaps of free stuff... 104.5 they are almost a RL station and give me the impression they care little for football but will do what the contact requires... They appear to have won it with their ad which is great ... but disappointed in their other efforts...

My summary a hard close game, not many scoring chances, we defended well, held the ball in tight positions, lost it in the final third...but I saw a small ray of hope and I hope fire (notice I said hope) that Elrich may be the answer up front and could suit Matty playing in behind him...

Forum Phoenix

Warning! Warning!

[move] :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo:  :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo:  :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo: :popo:[/move]

CLOWN ALERT!

I REPEAT!

CLOWN ALERT!

[move] :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh:  :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh:[/move]

DO NOT FEED!
[move]:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X[/move]

I think it's probably "Cool" Cat from 442. 
:vomit: :vomit: :vomit:
Is his location on the Coast mods?

Andre_1

midfielder said:
FFC has a point however let me offer a slightly different view.

Not every game of football is going to be perfect... many have commented on the lack of goals and shots on goal....

HHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhmmmmmm maybe but lets look at the kind of game it was, a hard game with little given by either side...

Danny in goals almost by himself is worth the admission...

The backs ... Both centre backs had excellent games... wide backs Heff marked well tracked back well ... stuffed up going forward and his passing was not up to his usual standard... Porter is a right mid playing right back marking of a current Soccer was excellent and once in the first half he got the ball back and stepped Mile and sent a great pass, that took guts real guts on your own goal line, going forward again his passing in the final third let him down...

Mids .... Hutch had a poor game by his standards this year... weeMac put a couple of killer balls tho in the first half.. got puffed I think and came back to life when Travis came on... Crowell did his job to stop the attack coming down our right side.. playing out of position and with less pace than Mile he did the job he was sent out to do... Pedj HHHMMmmm did not have his best game but played that deep covering mid role very well, again had problems in the final third...

The side kept the ball for large parts of the game .. yes by playing it back the way they were facing ... BUT we did hold the ball and not loose it and that IMO is important...

Upfront we do have some problems here no one can deny this ... but I was delighted with Elrich last 15 mins upfront... He had shots tracked back and his style had him playing more a No 10 in and behind the leading striker.. he does has a soft touch can turn, can shoot, has speed, appears to be loosing that Kaba Boy look...

So my summary is we held the ball well, we played out from the back, we did create a few chances ... but we broke down in front of goal... can LM fix this I hope so ..

On the crowd there is heaps of evidence around about what happen this year so far, also remember the A-League crowds pick up in the December / January ... but 8K is better than most ... if you ask me the biggest mistake the club made was to switch radio stations .. we had the two biggest stations and got heaps of free stuff... 104.5 they are almost a RL station and give me the impression they care little for football but will do what the contact requires... They appear to have won it with their ad which is great ... but disappointed in their other efforts...

My summary a hard close game, not many scoring chances, we defended well, held the ball in tight positions, lost it in the final third...but I saw a small ray of hope and I hope fire (notice I said hope) that Elrich may be the answer up front and could suit Matty playing in behind him...

Said as much when it was announced and my opinion remains unchanged.
BTW survey results come out on Friday so we will get a chance to see how Star have performed!

Wombat

daddy cool said:
While Im not be Craig Forsters love child I do agrree with him at times a  team like the mariners while running third can do more harm than good to the A League. I love to watch good football and what I watched and paid for on Friday night wasnt good football. If you are happy with that then thats good obvoiusly a lot of people on the coast had something better to do on Friday night.

If you agree with Foster on any topic then you are a mindless idiot.

marinermick

Disagree with the comments about Star-FM.

I listen to it regularly and there are forever ads, comments, promos, interviews (especially with lawrie) and much of this on the high profile morning show.

Those who actually listen to Star would not make the comment that they are not putting in.

It will be interesting when the ratings come out (especially the spike in the "other" column during match time  ;D ).

Andre_1

marinermick said:
Disagree with the comments about Star-FM.

I listen to it regularly and there are forever ads, comments, promos, interviews (especially with lawrie) and much of this on the high profile morning show.

Those who actually listen to Star would not make the comment that they are not putting in.
It will be interesting when the ratings come out (especially the spike in the "other" column during match time  ;D ).

And there's the rub.......not enough people do! I don't think the Mariners exist to help raise the profile on the Coast of the least popular radio station which I think is definatly the current situatuation, rather the other way around?

thegame

marinermick said:
the high profile morning show.

It will be interesting when the ratings come out

Their morning show came 5th last year - in a three station market.

Hardly high profile.

Granted it's a different show this year, but you wont see much of a turn around over 12 months.

Survey results are released on friday at 10am - you'll then see how much of the central coast AREN'T hearing about the Central Coast Mariners on a regular basis because the club made a horrible marketing decision in going with Star FM.

marinermick

thegame said:
marinermick said:
the high profile morning show.

It will be interesting when the ratings come out

Their morning show came 5th last year - in a three station market.

Hardly high profile.

Granted it's a different show this year, but you wont see much of a turn around over 12 months.

Survey results are released on friday at 10am - you'll then see how much of the central coast AREN'T hearing about the Central Coast Mariners on a regular basis because the club made a horrible marketing decision in going with Star FM.

lol, great first post

you wouldn't be related to andre1 would you?

andre, you don't need to get relos on board to try and support your argument

let us just see when the ratings come out instead of speculating

oh, and that goes for you too "thegame"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member