• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What wrong with the Mariners

adz

Staff member
kevrenor said:
daddy cool said:
Sorry folks Im a Mariners follower from way back so tell me people are you happy with home game crowd figures? Where you there on Friday night?

2. Friday night is not a big crowd night for us.

Just on this point there isn't a massive difference in the average crowds between fri/sat/sun games:

Friday9,889
Saturday10,340
Sunday9,943
Monday18,686
Wednesday15,546
Thursday10,637

Note that the Monday and Wednesday figures are for 1 game each and they were NYE games. Thursday is also for 1 game and that was Jan 11 2007 vs the NZ Knights  :eek:.

serious14

daddy cool said:
I admire your loyalty how do I rate the Melbourne game all I will say is thank god for Danny in goals. The last couple of games would have been closer if it wasnt for Danny keeping.

And Real would have lost 6-0 last night if it wasn't for Casillas - doesn't make them a shit _team_ though, does it??

elevated position

I'll buy in from another tack.
This year we have a 3 game plan. One sensational one ordinary and one bad.Which means we should get a good result at the GC.
Now, I dont want that process to change untill week 25 when we start to run into the consistacy we need to win the GF and we will.
So foster fan bugger off

daddy cool

I surrender we have the best team in the A-League along with the most one eyed supporters . We will win the tittle this year and the AC in 2011.

adz

Staff member
daddy cool said:
I surrender we have the best team in the A-League along with the most one eyed supporters . We will win the tittle this year and the AC in 2011.

Don't give up so easily mate ;) Usually people are quick to lay the slippers in around here... what's going on... :p

adz

Staff member
I think you do make a valid point about the crowd figure being proportional to the quality of the game/s being played. I doubt anyone would disagree. But I think the majority posting here will (and do) go to every game regardless of how the team is playing.

And you kinda pushed it a bit far saying that we don't deserve a license ... sure we have some ordinary performances every now and then but that's a bit irrational yeh? As Mick said we're third on table, and we don't deserve to be in the comp?

Also, I've had chalky cheese before. Not a fan.

deano

elevated position said:
dont want that process to change untill week 25 when we start to run into the consistacy we need to win the GF and we will.
So foster fan bugger off
daddy cool said:

I have it on good authority that we will not only make the grand final, but also win in the most nail biting heart! stopping! legendary way possible.........For you see i booked my wedding without first asking myself (and future wife) "I wonder if anything else is on that weekend"?

pommypete

The players obviously feel the pressure of playing in front of an expectant,but small,crowd and struggle to produce the form they are showing away from home.

Gopher of Pern

deano said:
elevated position said:
dont want that process to change untill week 25 when we start to run into the consistacy we need to win the GF and we will.
So foster fan bugger off
daddy cool said:

I have it on good authority that we will not only make the grand final, but also win in the most nail biting heart! stopping! legendary way possible.........For you see i booked my wedding without first asking myself (and future wife) "I wonder if anything else is on that weekend"?

Exact same thing is going to happen to me in 2012! :p

Ranyen

Gopher of Pern said:
deano said:
elevated position said:
So foster fan bugger off
daddy cool said:

Exact same thing is going to happen to me in 2012! :p

It will not. I will make sure it doesn't.

daddy cool

Not a matter of giving up I love the game more than my local club. As for the license issue I may have not made myself clear , we hold for the license because we meet all critera at the time and we where rightly excepted. I just worry the FF may have jumped in to quick to get the A league up and running and keep the Central Coast way from other codes . My worry is do we still have the supporter base and the interest to showcase the game.

T

Given the falling gate numbers throughout the league, I'd say that the Mariners were actually in a better position than many of the other A-League teams. Considering the size of our population compared to the other cities, we are still getting larger crowds than many of the other "larger" areas.
How then does this show that the CC does not deserve its own team??
The Central Coast are doing a better job than pretty much any other team in the comp of Showcasing the game.

Yes the standard is iffy, but then its still a relatively new comp. And the standard is improving... Rome wasn't built in a day etc etc etc

dibo

at present you've got to argue that we've got a better supporter base than gold coast, north queensland, brisbane, newcastle and wellington.

if we don't have a good enough base, more than half the league doesn't. therefore if we lose our licence then by rights so do the others.

no mariners, no a-league.

scottmac

Suspended
daddy cool said:

That was quick, must be Nik Mrjda's relative!

offtheball

The club has to do more to promote the game.

If that means freebies then bite the bullet. There is an add in the express on a Wed and Friday and a couple of radio ads and that is about it.

There is criticism of the GC for their lack of community involvement, well the mariners are nothing like they were in seasons one and two. Supporters are fickle you have to keep winning them over and over until it becomes generational and we are a long way short of that.

The Mariners need to get back into the schools and give away some goodwill (tickets)

I remember attending the CCF Primary School Gala Day during season one, the refs were all Mariners players. Kids loved it.

Give primary school kids tickets so their parents have to go with them.

the J Man

daddy cool said:
Not a matter of giving up I love the game more than my local club. As for the license issue I may have not made myself clear , we hold for the license because we meet all critera at the time and we where rightly excepted. I just worry the FF may have jumped in to quick to get the A league up and running and keep the Central Coast way from other codes . My worry is do we still have the supporter base and the interest to showcase the game.

bring back sydney croatia and make rebecca wilson our CEO  :eek:verhead:

daddy cool

If you are implying that we are the benchmark for the A-League at the moment then people at the top would be just a little concerned. Still waiting for posters to say if they bothered to turn up last Friday night.

Arabmariner

offtheball said:
The club has to do more to promote the game.

If that means freebies then bite the bullet. There is an add in the express on a Wed and Friday and a couple of radio ads and that is about it.

There is criticism of the GC for their lack of community involvement, well the mariners are nothing like they were in seasons one and two. Supporters are fickle you have to keep winning them over and over until it becomes generational and we are a long way short of that.

The Mariners need to get back into the schools and give away some goodwill (tickets)

I remember attending the CCF Primary School Gala Day during season one, the refs were all Mariners players. Kids loved it.

Give primary school kids tickets so their parents have to go with them.
+1 to all of that......but really in this standard of league our crowds aren't that bad.

We seem to have a hardcore of around the 6-7,000 mark now which would have to be at least double what it was in season 1 ?

I'd be more concerned if that regular 7,000 odd was falling away.

We'll get our bigger crowds around xmas/new year as we always do but we can't expect these crowds to be the norm........not yet anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred