• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

what we are allowed to bring on Sunday

Marinerchick

Alicia said:
so how did newcastle fans get in / away with their ripped up pieces of newspaper?

thats what i would like to know
its really unfair if our security let them in with that and we are not allowed in with our streamers but what can you do you write to the FFA and all you get is a letter thanking you for your opinion it sucks it really does .
:redcard: :popo:

Jeff (LouMacari)

The email address has been changed to 'info@footballaustralia.com.au'  As I understand it, Jane Fernandez is non too happy about her email address being published on here and getting inundated with emails from fans! (Must not have been 'away from her desk' after all.  :popo:

dibo

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
The email address has been changed to 'info@footballaustralia.com.au'  As I understand it, Jane Fernandez is non too happy about her email address being published on here and getting inundated with emails from fans! (Must not have been 'away from her desk' after all.  :popo:

that's unfortunate for jane. it happens when you make unreasonable (and therefore unpopular) decisions. if she's merely the conduit, then she can pass the agro on upstairs.

kevrenor

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
Her position is Senior Manager, Events and Operations and I came across her early on, when the league was just starting. She was a consultant then but may now be staff. Seemed to have no idea about football or football fans then.  She still doesn't it seems.

It is partly I suspect that she comes from one area of FFA - Events and Operations (also party to the ticketing nonsense) and the Marketing is in another - but both are under Commercial Manager O'Sullivan.   

FFA are really trying really hard with the finals series (grounds, ticketing, event mgt, security) to make themselves look like right dicks with fans and the media - alas I think the corporate dollar speaks louder than fans.

Jimmy

For those who went to ADL season one for the prelim final, i think we actually met this Jane character, at the stadium, she showed us where we were meant to be sitting etc.
I also got the same plane on the way home.

S

soccersensei

Chimmi said:
has anyone got a reply to these letters or are they just being ignored?

Hello Mr Worthington,

Thank you very much for taking the time to email us with feedback from your experiences in the Hyundai A-League.

Firstly we take you comments on board relating to the behavior of Security at Energy Australia Stadium. This is certainly not something FFA would promote in staff and it is an issue we can take back to the venue who coordinate the Security Contractor for A-League matches.

In relation to streamers or confetti, we understand that Central Coast Mariners have used streamers throughout the season for Club run matches. The aim of the FFA when running matches (which is does for the 2008 Finals Series) is to get consistency across all venues in relation to Venue Terms and Conditions of Entry as well as consistency in Venue Security Standards.

We believe the crowds are fantastic and passionate at matches and not having streamers will not change that enthusiastic family atmosphere. Many venues do not allow streamers at all (nothing to do with the FFA) and those that do including Bluetongue Stadium, charge a large cleaning fee for allowing streamers in. Most venues do not allow drums in at all and make an exception on our behalf for Football matches. Other codes do not have the same luxury.

FFA have also received complaints about streamers, confetti and drums from patrons who would like to just watch the match with their families. Please be assured the decision in this instance is not related to litigation but associated with consistency and the hard task of promoting the game to all fans.

During the off-season a review of the Venue Terms and Conditions and A-League Security Standards will take place across all venues and Clubs.

Once again I appreciate you taking the time to write to us and hope you enjoy the 2008 Finals Series.

Regards

Jacqui Hoban
Events Manager.

I have not responded as yet, but I will. Passing the buck was expected, and I note the "we can" and not "we will" take this issue up with security contractors etc... But it's something none the less) However by and large it all implies that "we bare no responsibility whatsoever" which strictly speaking may be true in specific regard, however when it comes to the FFA actually governing the league which encompasses such things as negotiating and lobbying for what is felt to be in the best interest of the league and the supporters... then it is incredibly poor response that is quite simply hanging us all out to dry.

That we are trying to make the uniform banning of streamers across Australian football... is a beyond poor response to a complaint about the disallowing of streamers. As to, count your self luck you get a Drum at all, is just plain insulting. And as to letting unreasonable complaints, then drive further unreasonable policies, is simply ridiculous.
Thats what legal departments are for.

I know the jokes about sending "messages" on to Singo have been slung about... But now with them passing the buck that it's essentially Bluetongues fault and we'll be seeking to reign these wild streamer allowing stadiums in - then an email to Singo is actually worth considering??

tyson

maybe we should organise to clean them ourselves or something?

i would be happy to quickly clean some up with a few other core fans after games... they are all tangled together so by pulling one, you rake up about 20 or so others.

they seem to have pretty legit reason... but they are still stupid. its just ruining the experience. i dont understand how people could complain about the streamers and singing... the streamers pretty much stay in bay 16, and too many people complain saying 'those marinators guys dont sing loud enough. i couldnt here them at all tonight'

skilbeck

the rule about streamers is shocking, its not like we are going to clean the stadium when we leave. Most people leave their beer cups and pizza boxes under the seat and they employ cleaners for that anyway.

S

soccersensei

skilbeck said:
Most people leave their beer cups and pizza boxes under the seat and they employ cleaners for that anyway.

Exactly. But I think they are saying that BT charges and additional fee if streamers are involved? WTF?
They should cover it without blinking anyway.

Alicia

tyson said:
maybe we should organise to clean them ourselves or something?

i would be happy to quickly clean some up with a few other core fans after games... they are all tangled together so by pulling one, you rake up about 20 or so others.

they seem to have pretty legit reason... but they are still stupid. its just ruining the experience. i dont understand how people could complain about the streamers and singing... the streamers pretty much stay in bay 16, and too many people complain saying 'those marinators guys dont sing loud enough. i couldnt here them at all tonight'

In the past I've picked up the streamers that go on the grass between the fence and the second fence right behind the goal.  It only takes a matter of 5mins, and security normally just look and see what I'm doing and allow me to finish.  If there will be FFA security I have a feeling they wont like us doing it.

tyson

haha, no way would we clean pizza boxes and beer cups etc. just the streamers. i reckon if 5-10 people did it after each game, it would take 5minutes to put them in a heap so cleaners just have to throw them in a bin/bag. sure it is something we can organise with the club/ffa/stadium?

~Floss~

I could be wrong, but I believe the Marinators volunteered to help with the cleaning-up of streamers, when first seeking permission to use them.
I believe they were told it didn't matter as the cleaning bill is paid whether there are streamers or not.

Nonetheless, I have noticed that the majority of them are cleaned up by people from the crowd anyway - i seem to remember garbage bags being used the first 1or2 times at least???

Someone who was actually involved in the organisation may be able to clarify this... as I said, I could be completely wrong. Interesting if it's true.

S

striker

Greenpoleffc said:
Just sent under the title, FFA handling of the current finals series:

In a word, appalling.

well, what do you expect from FFA.  Both of the CEOs were/are rugby people.  Whilst they might be good administrators, they are not football people - they don't understand football like you do.

Alicia said:
She's reading her e-mails......or at least someone is.

Your message

To: Jane.Fernandez@footballaustralia.com.au
      Subject:

was read on 5/02/2008 1:07 PM.

Jane is a nice lady..don't give her to much shit - she doesn't deserve it - she's probably in Melb organising the Socceroo game..... Write to the top dick at FFA. 

Also, can I suggest you send hard copies too...  email get lost, but printed letter hang around (I know it's environmentally unfriendly, but just do it)

Jeff (LouMacari)

Fact: Mariners told us we could use the streamers as they were paying the cleaning bill each game anyway (which apparently has a set fee and then goes up according to some kind of scale) and there wasn't that much litter so they didn't feel they were getting their 'minimum amount' money's worth so "go for it"

Fact: The Stadium don't have a problem with it at all as the Mariners are paying the cleaning bill anyway.

I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone 'has complained' about the streamers at all. Given the vast majority of complaints we Marinators get is "you guys weren't loud enough" type of stuff and I would love to see them verify these 'complaints' !

We've all complained bitterly to the FFA about the lack of consistency (and skill level) of Mathew Breeze et all, but are they gonna do anything about that? NO! But they've had some complaints about the dastardly crepe streamers and so they're gonna stop those evil things immediately! pppfffftt. please.

tyson

Jeff, it seems a little childish, doesn't it. I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing this because the Mariner's plans to address the Breeze issue with the FFA got out to the public, so it's a form of punishment or something.

Maybe we should just take streamers?
Hand them out in the Kendall Bar so everyone can smuggle them in, tucked in their pants or under their shirt or something.

tyson

If the Mariners are paying for the cleaning bill in the semi, then it shouldn't be our fault that the other 3 team's won't pay a cleaning bill for their fans. It's not our fault they don't care about their fans. It's not our fault they aren't as good as the Mariners.

Jeff (LouMacari)

No the Mariners only pay for the cleaning bill during normal season. The FFA are responsible for the cleaning during the finals series.

We could take them, and that would piss them off and they would get on the case of the Mariners and they would then get on our case and so it goes on.

there's ways and means to change rules and we've already begun that process by complaining loudly to the FFA. If more jump on that, they will listen. We stopped the american basket ball type music being played during the games of the A-league in V1 and that started here also, so we'll keep yelling loudly until they hear us.

ps: good job we didn't want a 'secret opperation' of smuggling them in as you mentioned Tyson, who the hell do you think reads these forums, just us? Have a think about it mate.  ::)

krusty

I sent a email to ffa and also got 20 people from work to send emails.Come on the more emails we send them the better they will have to listen to us.We put the bum on seats with out us there is no HAL. I hope they see sense.GO YOU YELLOW.

tyson

Yeh, I assumed FFA would be in charge of the bill, but said it just in case... mainly because I am annoyed with them.

HAHA. I know they all read it. We obviously wouldn't sneak them in because a) they are too big to hide when rolled up and b) I know we want to go the right way about the issue, rather than just doing what the Squadron did.

As a matter of fact, a band I am into... on their forum when they had an album coming out, fans made fake songs and fake song names to accompany them, which sounded like they could be legit, and within a couple of days, articles and reviews started popping up all over the internet.

S

soccersensei

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone 'has complained' about the streamers at all. Given the vast majority of complaints we Marinators get is "you guys weren't loud enough" type of stuff and I would love to see them verify these 'complaints' !

Yeah my thoughts exactly Jeff. I was going to reply as much.

As for my two cents, again Jeffs sentiments that the best thing to do is keep lobbying is clearly the way forward. If you haven't written a letter, please do. You can even just cut and paste from others who have as I'm sure no one would be precious about it at all. I would also ask everyone to submit them to Total Football also, attracting the media is often the only reason many issues are even dealt with in such situations. It has to be loud enough that it becomes worth the effort of getting rid of it. And if we had another twenty emails hit the TF submission off the website, we'd be in with a chance that it may become a talking point.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/shows/totalfootball

Also having someone like you Jeff with the key facts being put before them as opposed to my and others "personal suffering letters" would probably go a lot further in gaining credibility and potential support. Your thoughts?

And Krusty, 20 emails is a STELLAR effort!!!  :thumbup:

heheheheeeeee only 10 hours and I'm off to the Melbourne telstra dome!!! :vhappy:
Go you Rooos!!!!!!  :fireup: :eek:verhead: :fireup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred