• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

what we are allowed to bring on Sunday

Jeff (LouMacari)

After negotiations with the FFA and the Marinators Club, the directive from the FFA is that we will only be allowed the same allocation of equipment and paraphernalia as was permitted in Newcastle at EAS. That is:

1 Drum
1 megaphone
Usual banners and flags.

NO STREAMERS will be allowed, no bongo drums or conga drums, no trumpet, no bagpipes, no bugles etc.

If you are as pissed off at this as the Marinators Club Executive is that the money you helped raise to purchase things like streamers, drums etc. for creating the exciting carnival atmosphere cannot be used for what it was designed for, please send an email to info@footballaustralia.com.au

They say that they want to help us create this party atmosphere...umm 'how' ? By stopping us from throwing a few crepe streamers at a major semi final for fear of litigation? Nice try FFA but we really know that they just don't want to pay the cleaning bill, simple as that. Maybe they should ask the AFL what their clean up bills are around the country during any given week, let alone the bloody major semi final! If they want to compete with this countries big sports, they're gonna have to do better than this.

Maybe we should all wear plaid (traditional 'golf pants') and politely clap our palms together when our team scores? Heaven forbid we should party like it's 1999!

Shame on you FFA.  :redcard:

*Edit* The email address has been changed to 'info@footballaustralia.com.au'  As I understand it, Jane Fernandez is non too happy about her email address being published on here and getting inundated with emails from fans! (Must not have been 'away from her desk' after all.  :popo:

tyson

"I am just writing in regards to my disappointment in the FFA's decision to forbid the streamers, drums and bongos we take to every regular season match. They are our tools to create a fun atmosphere, which we use to celebrate and try to enhance the rest of the crowd's experience. If the A-League is to compete with the nation's other codes and the rest of the world, not allowing us to take in these items will only make us appear second class and disappoint those who enjoy watching and listening to the supporters bays.

Weak decision in my opinion.

Tyson Peisley."

email sent.

Deej

I hope everyone takes the time to send an email regarding this, they will only take notice if people take the time to complain.

The Squadron and the Marinators should be able to do everything they can to promote the game in a positive way, and allowing 1 drum and 1 megaphone with some banners is pretty poor IMO.

This years marketing for the HAL was all around the fans.......pffft seems like they can't be arsed with them.

adz

Staff member
because the nazi security (just following orders) will kick you out of the ground if you break the rules

fish

As an active member of the Marinators executive, I am dismayed at the FFAs decision not to allow anything other than mundane and limited resources to our leg of the Semi Final series. We have been striving all year to add color and interest to our home games and your decision is not only narrow minded but also shows in my opinion a clear lack of reaching the core of the success of the A League THE FANS.
We as a group have had what seems to now be the luxury of bringing what we feel adds to the atmosphere (with the approval of our club and stadium) all season and now it is deemed unsatisfactory.
I was a follower of the old NSL and let me tell you I would prefer to be hit with a crepe streamer than a flare.
I do not understand the FFAs decision in not allowing more than one drum, megaphone or our streamer display, which miraculously gets plenty of airtime on fox, and we have not had one casualty.
We are a group trying to make the A League concept work and be all-encompassing for fans as we were led to believe that was the ethos set up in the initial season.
I encourage you to readdress your decision and let the pre game entertainment from the terraces continue in the manner in which it has ALL season, without a hitch and bloody fantastic to watch.

All we are aiming for is to add to the experience many have grown to love here on the coast.
You may take our grand final
but, youll never take our streamers

loyalist

adz said:
because the nazi security (just following orders) will kick you out of the ground if you break the rules
I put it to you if you bring in a crepe streamer you will not be kicked out

90 Emotions 90 Restrictions

tyson

yeh, we should keep our emails constructive like fish's one... any rubbish sent to them wont be taken seriously and will just give them more reason to take away our fun.

loyalist

tyson said:
yeh, we should keep our emails constructive like fish's one... any rubbish sent to them wont be taken seriously and will just give them more reason to take away our fun.
its the ffa
they wont take any email you send to them seriously
the most you'll get back is a generic email saying thanks for you concern etc

fish

the lady in question is actually out of her office until next week.
flogging a dead horse?? maybe but I think we( fans in general) deserve to be treated with a little more appreciation and respect

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred