• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

what we are allowed to bring on Sunday

~Floss~

Is it also fact that the streamers were rationed earlier in the regular season and the decision made to skip using them at some games and save them for the more significant matches?

Semis and finals may not have come into this calculation, but if they did it's another interesting fact as we wasted a chance to use them when it was allowed.

Jeff (LouMacari)

~Floss~ said:
Is it also fact that the streamers were rationed earlier in the regular season and the decision made to skip using them at some games and save them for the more significant matches?

Semis and finals may not have come into this calculation, but if they did it's another interesting fact as we wasted a chance to use them when it was allowed.
Not a bad point Floss but not strictly the case. We 'rationed' them earlier in the season as we (the marinators club) were paying around $1 each for them and there was only so many we could afford.
Now the Marinators Club has purchased 10,000 directly from the manufacturers in China we can afford to use them at all matches that will allow us to use them.

FFC Mariner

Maybe mention to the FFA that Sydney talkback radio would love a chance to rubbish the game.............might have the desired effect.

ps - I dont care whether Fernandez is a nice woman or not, I want her to do a reasonable job, not date her. Her personality is quite irrelevant to the ineptitude of her job performance

Rant over

priorpeter

Greenpoleffc said:
ps - I dont care whether Fernandez is a nice woman or not, I want her to do a reasonable job, not date her. Her personality is quite irrelevant to the ineptitude of her job performance

I concur

serious14

So are we allowed to wear club colors, or will this incite a tribal atmosphere??  Is singing permitted??    Is cheering above a certain decibel level okay with the FFA??

F*cking muppets.  Half the reason our game sh*ts on the rest is because of the supporters and the atmosphere every single one of us creates.  Imagine the Argentine FA saying "ummmm, River Plate supporters, don't throw that confetti okay, because...... ummmm....... we don't actually have a reason, we're just trying to appear to have balls".

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Auburn Mariner

Honestly, this whole situation is fair-dinkum diabolical. Streamers, gimme a break!!! What are the FFA thinking? Responding to complaints, what rubbish!!! These muppets need to get real, or better still, pass management of tha FFA onto people that actually understand the game.

As a member of the club Exec, I was totally disgusted by this latest ban.

We have taken VERY seriously all of your comments when we have been too quiet, lacked colour and organisation. And then this balderdash!!!

I am very angry about this whole thing. Maybe we can get our lads over the line on Sunday if we channel this anger into making Bay 16 so loud, they can hear us in Woy Woy!!!

Yours in footy, from a very disillusioned Auburn.

~Floss~

Well at least if streamers and all missiles are banned and being watched on security cameras then we can be confident that the majority of the squadron will be booted if they do try the newspaper thing.  ::)

Nadia

soccersensei said:
Chimmi said:
has anyone got a reply to these letters or are they just being ignored?

Hello Mr Worthington,

FFA have also received complaints about streamers, confetti and drums from patrons who would like to just watch the match with their families. Please be assured the decision in this instance is not related to litigation but associated with consistency and the hard task of promoting the game to all fans.

I was interested to read this part of the reply. Like all holders of a season ticket, i received an email this week asking me to do a survey. As i am not a member (yet!) of the marinators, i answered "no" when asked if i was a member of a fan-based supporter group. The next question i was asked was something along the lines of "do fan-based supporter groups detract from your experience of the game." I disagreed, and as i was able to comment, wrote that i had every intention to join next year, and that the marinators added atmosphere to the game and made it more enjoyable, etc, etc. (this question is only asked if you say you're not a member of supporter team.) I was baffled. Why would streamers, drums etc ruin the game for anyone? and surely if it really was annoying to you, you could simply sit away from bay 16!?

Marinerchick

if anything the marinators make my game day experience a more enjoyable one
so keep it up !!!

if the noise and streamers and lights really annoy people that much they have another choice to watch it a a club or watch it at home.

~Floss~

FFS why not ask if the tone of the whistle or the colour of the ball is displeasing to someone's personal tastes?

Those are things the FFA should have more control over than how their customers celebrate a goal or react to the "90 minutes / 90 emotions" they lured us in with in the first place.

adz

Staff member
just make a complaint, the ffa listen to all trivial matters (when it suits their bullshit stories, that is)

Finances over
Fans,
Always

~Floss~

Y'kow, I could almost accept their explanation that some stadiums and some clubs allow these things and others don't, so with the FFA running all finals the easiest solution is to keep consistency across all venues.
But this explanation is so unreasonable and unbelievable that it's clear they're either stupid or they think we are and they can spin us lies:

"FFA have also received complaints about streamers, confetti and drums from patrons who would like to just watch the match with their families."

What sort of drugs is this bird on if she thinks we'd believe someone would actually have done this:

- First, sit your family in Bay 16 (or extremely close to it)
- Then not realise you're a little bit out of place (ok, maybe it's their first time at a match, and we all know the ticket categories do not indicate where the home supporters go)
- And they must be really looking forward to seeing the players run out of the tunnel (wouldn't they have chosen to sit somewhere else, with a better view of the tunnel? Bay 16 is GA)
- Then be really angry that your view of players running out of the tunnel is momentarily obscured by streamers... so angry that it warrants a complaint to the FFA.

Surely if anyone out there is stupid enough to pull off this unlikely combination of events and end up complaining to the FFA, then the recipient of the complaint should have the brains to assume that these compulsive complaining freaks are not regular sensible people?

And also, we don't throw streamers during any part of the match itself.

"Please be assured the decision in this instance is not related to litigation but associated with consistency and the hard task of promoting the game to all fans."

One thing we are all well aware of on this forum is that you can never please everyone. So wouldn't the next-best option be to keep peace with the majority? It is very hard to believe these alleged "complaints" are representative of a common opinion.

tyson

People are just stupid floss.

People sit behind the goals and then make complaints. It is clearly the WORST spot to watch the game from AND it contains all of our singing. If you want to watch the game and watch it in peace - watch it where you can see it and where you cannot hear our chanting and drumming.

The thing is, they are so stupid that they will never realise that they are stupid because they are too stupid to realise it.

FFC Mariner

Look you, I paid to sit here in Bay 16 and I demand my right to silence and to be able to sit for 90 minutes.

I dont care about the rights of 473 (?) other people.

Actually, I am now going to complain to the FFA

SNOWMARINER

Sat with the Marinators for the first time at Newcastle in bay 11 with my +1 who had previously said that she had  never wanted to be near you guys. I was happy to see her get more into it than usual and said she had a great time. Personally I was rapped to be able to go off like I want to and +1 did'nt mind because although loud I hardly stood out.

You guys are what gets the rest of the crowd going and a very important part of the atmosphere and I'm so disappointed to be back in a more +1 friendly part of the stadium on Sunday. I'll be geeing up the crowd in my section to join in.

Love the drums, love the streamers love the chanting

F**k the FFA keep it up lads.

Jeff (LouMacari)

SNOWMARINER said:
Sat with the Marinators for the first time at Newcastle in bay 11 with my +1 who had previously said that she had  never wanted to be near you guys. I was happy to see her get more into it than usual and said she had a great time. Personally I was rapped to be able to go off like I want to and +1 did'nt mind because although loud I hardly stood out.

You guys are what gets the rest of the crowd going and a very important part of the atmosphere and I'm so disappointed to be back in a more +1 friendly part of the stadium on Sunday. I'll be geeing up the crowd in my section to join in.

Very encouraging...thanks mate. ;)

Jimmy

SNOWMARINER said:

Should forward it on to the FFA.

password

What was with the bagpipe being played up above bay 31, i thought they were banned, typically coasties always breaking the rules

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred