• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

WE DID IT!!!!!

Deej

Jocwa08 said:
1 5th place

Have to correct you sorry we came 6th in V2, QLD were 5th

Omni said:
Also of a possible 7 grand finals since the Mariners inception, they've made 5.

The statistic I care about omni is how many the Mariners have won, currently 25% ain't good enough!

Let's enjoy this win but we have to be realistic, there's still a lot of work to do and our history in finals played in is not fabulous!

S

soccersensei

RECKY said:
soccersensei said:
Forget Mariners verse Adelaide as the cleanest and best performance by any team over the season up until that point or Mariners vs Bling - hailed as "the greatest game yet of the HAL" or the thrilling Major semi where the Mariners trounce Newcastle with a quality far beyond anything demonstrated by SFC or QLD, let alone the Jets, and still he just wants to lump shit on us. The guy is an absolute mongrel. A narcissistic vulture of a man! And he better hope he never sits in a room with my father... or me for that matter!!! I'll pin his ears back, butter his head and f**king swallow him whole!

:redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard:

Hey Sensei you forgot to say that he is a infected zit on the arsehole of humanity.....but ya cant think of everything straight away hey?....give us a yell if ya dad gets a shot at foster, i'LL help hold him down

Excellent! Consider yourself on notice Rekky  ;)

S

soccersensei

BJ said:
soccersensei said:
My father is a kind gentle man, who loves Australian football with a passion,
and so he hates Foster just as much. Foster is all thats worst in football. Playing out his ego enraged agenda and sucking up to all things international because he lost his lime light to FOX. But for SHAME, ranking the minor premier team that comes out triumphant over a 21 game season as being in the lowest tier of his "style guide" and that it deserves to be a QLD Jets GF as Australian football needs for the sake of the world no less, to have its best football on display. MOTHER FUKKKKAAAAA!!!!!!

Forget Mariners verse Adelaide as the cleanest and best performance by any team over the season up until that point or Mariners vs Bling - hailed as "the greatest game yet of the HAL" or the thrilling Major semi where the Mariners trounce Newcastle with a quality far beyond anything demonstrated by SFC or QLD, let alone the Jets, and still he just wants to lump shit on us. The guy is an absolute mongrel. A narcissistic vulture of a man! And he better hope he never sits in a room with my father... or me for that matter!!! I'll pin his ears back, butter his head and f**king swallow him whole!

:redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard:

I'm happy for people like him to bag our club all they want. The results on the field only make them look more and more idiotic. It's people like him who made me come up with my signature.

Mmmm walk tall, and give em enough rope you say...
I can appreciate this point of view, and I would say its one I believe in and practice, but there's also a time to stand up and say enough is enough. Foster is demeaning & callous with complete arrogant abandon and I sincerely wish something could be done. It's not just a few incidents, its constant negative wanky criticism that tarnishes nearly any and all that it comes in contact with. It's more akin to the way English press behaves and I believe it has a sincerely negative impact on the players, it amounts to nothing but controversy and pressure.... which equals drama and ratings. Its got f**k ALL to do with whats best for the sport as Foster preaches,  it's looking for the "dark lining" on every passing cloud as it's actually safer and easier to write a negative critique, than an engaging positive one. Do you ever hear Lawrie speak this way? He simply wouldn't. He'll assess and state what's wrong, that's "analysis" versus "criticism". Lawrie is honest and direct, yet he still looks for the best in people, he believes in their potential... because he is not driven by any inner need to affirm his own ego through the belittlement of others. SO PASS ME THE BUTTER ALREADY!!!
:fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:

marinersman

I'd just like to concentrate on scum for a minute. I was amazed and still am by GVE approach to the game. Spencer for Musialik and bringing Song in was a very bad decision and the negative approach was unbelievable.

All they had to do was score a goal and the tie was over. They were never going to score with their defensive formation and mindset. GVE blew it big time in this regard.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they would have got through approaching it any differently, but the thing is he didn't give his team a chance and that is inexcusable.

They only had one player on the pitch and that was North. He was very, very good and the game would have been over a lot earlier if he didn't show up.

In the end they got what they deserved and were totally outplayed in both legs. I really did expect more from them.

However, I do think they will beat the rednecks on the weekend and from a spectacle point of view for the GF, I hope they do. That way we can beat them twice in two weeks.

I couldn't see even 5,000 Queensland supporters coming down for the match, they just don't travel for whatever reason. Can't see a sellout if they're in it and that would be very disappointing.

T

thanman

yeah but marinersman, i think we might have a fair few willing to make the trek down to SFS.

newcastle would need to bounce back alot after we thrashed them.
i reckon queensland has shown alot of promise by beating sydney, and i see them winning by 1 goal. whatever the score ends up being i reckon by one goal.

LFCMariners

I want Queensland to win next weekend for two reasons:

1. So that we can sing "You're not going to Asia!" to Jets fans and it will be definite.

2. Queensland will have more support in Asia than the Jets will, because I don't think Centrelink would pay for the Squadron's airfares.

S

soccersensei

I think QLD have the defense to eliminate Griffiths and with no goals, the comedown the Jets have to shake off, the high ROAR are on, and all the pace they have in the middle and attack...
I think ROAR will more likely beat them. Though a small crowd GF would sincerely break my heart to some measure, so for that reason I would not be "too" unhappy to see the Jets through.
But don't think it's gonna happen...

LFCMariners

But just remember, if we play the Scum in the Grand Final, we face the possibility of losing to them. That's a risk I don't want to take.

S

soccersensei

YEP, that would be pretty darn unbearable... for a good long while!
Your right the risk analysis on fallout is too high even with crowd consideration issue...
ROAR TO WIN

marinersman

BJ said:
But just remember, if we play the Scum in the Grand Final, we face the possibility of losing to them. That's a risk I don't want to take.

I reckon the rednecks are more of a threat than scum. We seem to struggle against Queensland and after last Sunday (and the first leg for that matter) I think we've got the better of scum.

I'm more confident playing them.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

You do of course realise that if Qld get through, then beat us, Jets will still be claiming that we only won in the semi because THEY lost, and that the GF result proves we aren't crash hot.  Ie no matter who it is, if we lose we'll never hear the end of it.

But we won't lose - I'm all for a Jets GF.  Also consider that you'd get a much bigger crowd for a Jets GF than a Qld GF - interstate is a trip that a lot of people wouldn't be able to make, as opposed to a 2-3 hour drive/train.

Alicia

INSPIRED by the Central Coast Mariners' fightback to book themselves a place in the A-League grand final, Gosford sailor Tom Slingsby yesterday became Australia's second world champion of 2008 with his successful defence of the world Laser crown at Terrigal.

With his back to the wall after a "major hiccup" on Monday, where he finished outside the top 14 in his two races, Slingsby, who had watched the Mariners game against the Jets the previous night, said his comeback was inspired by the fearless feats of striker Sasco Petrovski and his ability to perform under pressure.

Using this as motivation, Slingsby headed back out on the water on Tuesday to record two wins which put him back on course for his second world crown.

And with yesterday's racing cancelled due to dangerous seas and strong winds, it was this fightback which secured Slingsby one of the most coveted crowns in world sailing.

"I'm over the moon. I really don't know what to say," said the 23-year-old, who won his first world crown off Cascais, Portugal, last July.

"I watched the Mariners game and was inspired by it. I knew after my bad day I had to come out with something special and get back into the lead because we (Slingsby and coach Arthur Brett) had looked at the weather and realised that we may not get any racing in on the last day and I needed to get the lead back."

S

striker

midfielder said:
Grand Final is in the bag............I feel it in my Bones.

I think you're right...we can do it.... but, what you feel in your bones is arthritis (old fella) not the GF  :piralaugh:

password

Gee, homepage already stating a gf between the mariners and roar,

I can't wait till you guys lose this GF, this thread and many others will make some pretty funny reading.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred